Bathroom drains venting

sagra

Can someone tell me if a tall vent pipe like the one in the last picture is needed for this set up? This tank is very close to my house and I’m concerned about smells since it will be a garden an area where we also sit sometimes. This was just installed and I have to intervene now if I need a pipe.  Will the separate gray water drains from the sink and shower also need a vent pipe? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

6333E625-EC5D-4BDB-8292-18E9489F28D6.jpeg

226D06F3-83F1-48F1-B31B-7E4570E7A083.jpeg

D1BCB10A-894C-4004-875F-0E438E385C2B.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Bruce Aussie Chiang Mai said:

The pictures vent not good. Should be above roof line.  Te secondary tank on he septic no shown. No odours inside if tiolets are fitted correctly and s traps are on all drains.  

Thank you. There is only a single tank like that.

That's high enough don't worry. Mine is a bit lower and never smell anything.

You might want to twist the end piece to a 90 degree angle to help gas escape.

I guess they fitted it like that to stop rain going in although riding around I see plenty pointing straight up to the sky and nobody complaining.

1 hour ago, sagra said:

This tank is very close to my house and I’m concerned about smells since it will be a garden an area where we also sit sometimes.

We have 3 bathrooms, each bathrooms septic tank is located outside of them which are in the garden with no smells, that said all of our vent/stink pipes are cut off about 500 mm under the eaves, and yes, you do need them, no smells with this set up, and we have put in some mesh to stop any lizards or birds or anything else wanting to venture down the pipe.

From what I see from the pictures, your good to go, although personally I would cut the stink pipe 500mm under the eaves.

Edit: Your separate grey water drain pipes leading to the pit/s won't need vent pipes. We have also connected our downpipes from our gutters to them and have put in enough pipe for the water to run straight out of property into the front garden (street side of front fence) and then down the road, so they get a clean out whenever it rains.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Denim said:

That's high enough don't worry. Mine is a bit lower and never smell anything.

You might want to twist the end piece to a 90 degree angle to help gas escape.

I guess they fitted it like that to stop rain going in although riding around I see plenty pointing straight up to the sky and nobody complaining.

Thanks. As I said, I’m asking if I need a pipe like that For my toilet drain pipe and also separately for my gray water drain pipes. That is not on my house. As I said, I’m asking if I need a pipe like that. That is not on my house.

3 minutes ago, sagra said:

Thanks. As I said, I’m asking if I need a pipe like that For my toilet drain pipe and also separately for my gray water drain pipes. That is not on my house. As I said, I’m asking if I need a pipe like that. That is not on my house.

Yes you indeed do need a vent pipe for toilet drain as that is a rush of water and will not flow properly without - gray water should not require.

2 hours ago, sagra said:

Ooops. Missed that. Then the answer is definitely yes.  Our builder omitted fitting one to the black water pit. Result was the gas came up through the pipes and vented out into the bathroom when we flushed the toilet giving our bathroom an unpleasant smell. I put a simple vent pipe on the black water pit and the problem was fixed.