Must I get 12 month insurance 43k. To re enter Thailand on retirement visa ? + Vaccine inUSA?

16 minutes ago, superal said:

Thank you for your inquiry. Our requirement is a copy of insurance policy which covers COVID and no less than 100,000 USD – please print the insurance certificate and all pages of the terms and conditions on the COVID coverage and medical benefits (some people were refused to board the flight because they could not show that their insurance meet this requirement).

There you go.

No mention of the 400/40K Health Insurance policy.

Apologies, when I asked if you'd looked at the COE requirements, I meant the website.

ระบบลงทะเบียนคนไทยที่จะเดินทางกลับเข้าประเทศ (mfa.go.th)

Click Non Thai Nationals.

Select English language.

This is only procedure you need to follow and upload documents to.

Edited by Tanoshi

On 6/7/2021 at 6:55 AM, Lemonltr said:

I also have a valid Non "O" regularly called and stamped as "retirement" expires late Autumn and am in the UK. 

If you are over 75 you won't be able to go back as no matter what headlines  "up to 99 years" state, insurance is not available. Try it!. All retirees and even tourists are effectively banished from Thailand. 

I dont know about age limitations but you can re-enter Thailand with travel insurance as long as it covers your length of stay. It does not need to cover  the whole period until your extension expiry.

• Confused 2

On 6/7/2021 at 9:49 AM, Banana7 said:

I too would like to return to Canada, and get vaccinated there this summer. My non-o retirement extension expires in January 2022. If I try to return to Thailand in October 2021, do I have to buy just for the period October 2021 to January 2022 or some other period? I would normally obtain a new extension of stay in January 2022 and stay until May 2022, returning again in autumn 2022.

Yes but email the embassy or consulate in Canada where u will be applying to check. Requirements do vary from country to country.

Edited by SunsetT

10 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

I dont know about age limitations but you can re-enter Thailand with travel insurance as long as it covers your length of stay. It does not need to cover  the whole period until your extension expiry.

Covid 19 insurance coverage is required for the length of stay you get when you enter the country. If on a extension of stay that would be until the extension and re-entry permit expires.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

Unless the policy states the specific requirements requested, it will be refused for a COE.

The other issues are some only cover a trip of 31 days, whilst you typically get this statement for Travel Insurance.

If you travel, or plan to travel during a Government or regional imposed lockdown then this policy will not cover you.

If you have told us that you are resident in an affected area we will contact you post- purchase to discuss your options, but we must remind you that you will not be covered for travel during a regional or national lockdown.

COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Cover Update: Our policies cover Trip Cancellation, Emergency Medical and Repatriation Expenses, if you are affected by COVID-19 (coronavirus).

Cover only applies if the FCDO have not advised against all or all but essential travel to your destination. Currently the FCDO advises against travel to certain destinations such as; Spain (including Balearic Islands), France, USA, South & Central America, Africa, Central Asia and China. Please see gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice for full details.

You can still be covered to travel to Europe even when the FCDO has advised against all but essential travel by adding our European FCDO Travel Advice Extension. You will not be covered for the reason behind the FCDO travel advice, unless this is solely because of COVID-19. You will not be covered if travelling whilst a government or regional lockdown is in place.

Travel Insurance Quote |Over 50s holiday insurance |Staysure

Is your trip to Thailand classed as 'essential'. If not the policy is worthless.

7 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

The 400/40K Health Insurance is required to obtain a new Non O/O-A

Here we go again! No it is not! (From 1st hand experience). You only need medical  cover foreign or Thai of $100,000 min. which includes cover for Covid19. 400/40k need not be specified as foreign cover far exceeds this.

3 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

Here we go again! No it is not! (From 1st hand experience). You only need medical  cover foreign or Thai of $100,000 min. which includes cover for Covid19. 400/40k need not be specified as foreign cover far exceeds this.

7. For long-stay retirement visa holders (Non-Immigrant O/O-A/O-X) for people over 50 years old

Copy of health insurance policy which covers medical treatment in Thailand (non-COVID-19 diseases) for outpatient not less than 40,000 Baht and inpatient not less than 400,000 Baht for the whole period of your stay in Thailand

- Copy of health insurance that covers COVID-19 related medical expenses, both inpatient and outpatient, no less than 100,000 USD for the whole period of your stay in Thailand

Requirements for foreigners travelling to Thailand during COVID-19 travel restriction (until 30 September 2021) - Royal Thai Embassy, London

18 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Covid 19 insurance coverage is required for the length of stay you get when you enter the country. If on a extension of stay that would be until the extension and re-entry permit expires.

I had it confirmed in March by email from the UK embassy Joe that insurance need only be for the length of stay so if on a return flight leaving Thailand before the extension renewal date the insurance cover can be shorter.

7 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

The 400/40K Health Insurance is required to obtain a new Non O/O-A or O-X Visa based on retirement.

It is not required for a new Non O based on marriage.

It is not required if having a re-entry permit for an extension (permit) based on retirement for the COE.

Sorry to be dim. I'm in much the same situation. 1-year Non-O retirement extension. So I do NOT need health insurance in addition to Covid entry insurance?

This would alter my plan. I was plan to NOT get a re-entry permit, then come back visa-exempt & re-apply at CW.

Which do others here think better? Thx!

4 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

7. For long-stay retirement visa holders (Non-Immigrant O/O-A/O-X) for people over 50 years old

Copy of health insurance policy which covers medical treatment in Thailand (non-COVID-19 diseases) for outpatient not less than 40,000 Baht and inpatient not less than 400,000 Baht for the whole period of your stay in Thailand

- Copy of health insurance that covers COVID-19 related medical expenses, both inpatient and outpatient, no less than 100,000 USD for the whole period of your stay in Thailand

Requirements for foreigners travelling to Thailand during COVID-19 travel restriction (until 30 September 2021) - Royal Thai Embassy, London

When will you accept that what you read on the website and repeat parrot-like on here over and over again, is not necessarily what is happening on the ground. Also what you posted does not specify that the 1st requirement cannot be included in the 2nd requirement, which it obviously is. This confusion can be explained either because of poor vague ambiguous translation of Thai to English by Thais with a poor understanding of English, and which, because of 'Loss of Face', is never or rarely corrected even when they know it is wrong (A bit like you...555), or they are deliberately misleading applicants into thinking they must buy 2 Thai insurance policies when they do not (i.e., jobs for the boys or brother, or sister, auntie, uncle, cousin, etc...).

I repeat: Because of the above, and because all countries interpretation and implemention of the Thai rules is different, dont just believe what you read on here or your embassy's website, double check yourself by email with the embassy or consulate to which you will submit your application in your home country. For the UK this is:   [email protected]

54 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Unless the policy states the specific requirements requested, it will be refused for a COE.

The other issues are some only cover a trip of 31 days, whilst you typically get this statement for Travel Insurance.

If you travel, or plan to travel during a Government or regional imposed lockdown then this policy will not cover you.

If you have told us that you are resident in an affected area we will contact you post- purchase to discuss your options, but we must remind you that you will not be covered for travel during a regional or national lockdown.

COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Cover Update: Our policies cover Trip Cancellation, Emergency Medical and Repatriation Expenses, if you are affected by COVID-19 (coronavirus).

Cover only applies if the FCDO have not advised against all or all but essential travel to your destination. Currently the FCDO advises against travel to certain destinations such as; Spain (including Balearic Islands), France, USA, South & Central America, Africa, Central Asia and China. Please see gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice for full details.

You can still be covered to travel to Europe even when the FCDO has advised against all but essential travel by adding our European FCDO Travel Advice Extension. You will not be covered for the reason behind the FCDO travel advice, unless this is solely because of COVID-19. You will not be covered if travelling whilst a government or regional lockdown is in place.

Travel Insurance Quote |Over 50s holiday insurance |Staysure

Is your trip to Thailand classed as 'essential'. If not the policy is worthless.

See my reply to Ubonjoe.

Of course every policy is different and it is up to every individual to check thoroughly with the company what is covered and what is not. UK Travel insurance, even multi-trip is usually available up to 90 days some even for 180 days.

12 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes that is correct. You would only need 90 days of covid 19 insurance.

For what I understand that 400/40K Health Insurance is not required if having a re-entry permit for an extension (permit) based on retirement for the COE? 

After came back to Thailand and my extension based on retirement expired and I go to local immigration in October to extend it, do they need covid 19 insurance at local immigration?  

Thank you in advance, I like to prepare for unexpect before purchasing the ticket.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, playboy said:

For what I understand that 400/40K Health Insurance is not required if having a re-entry permit for an extension (permit) based on retirement for the COE? 

After came back to Thailand and my extension based on retirement expired and I go to local immigration in October to extend it, do they need covid 19 insurance at local immigration?  

Thank you in advance, I like to prepare for unexpect before purchasing the ticket.

No insurance was required when I extended mine for the 1st time in March.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Sorry to be dim. I'm in much the same situation. 1-year Non-O retirement extension. So I do NOT need health insurance in addition to Covid entry insurance?

You will only need the Covid Insurance to re-enter on a re-entry permit from an extension.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SunsetT said:

When will you accept that what you read on the website and repeat parrot-like on here over and over again, is not necessarily what is happening on the ground.

Pity you isolate posts without reading those of others before.

@superal after contacting the Embassy, was lead to believe the 400/40K Health Insurance was required to re-enter using a re-entry permit with a 1 year extension.

A personal friend who returned only last month applied for the Non O based on retirement and received an email from the Embassy stating if he uploaded the 400/40K Health Insurance they'd approve his application and he could send the documents and Passport for the Visa.

I also stated earlier the Embassy is sometimes the cause of the confusion.

The replies vary depending on which staff member is dealing with the enquiry.

16 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

You will only need the Covid Insurance to re-enter on a re-entry permit from an extension.

Many thanks for confirming above that separate medical insurance is not needed , only the covid ins for the length of stay or to expiry of current visa extension if you have a re-entry permit based on an extension  . The embassy web page is a bit confusing / ambiguous and does not have a dedicated section related to those with current o visa re-entry permits , in fact when I originally phoned the London embassy I was told that I needed both covid and medical insurances , so if the agents are getting it wrong what chance do we have ? Finally are all papers examined or just the COE that is the master of the application compliance ? 

8 minutes ago, superal said:

Finally are all papers examined or just the COE that is the master of the application compliance ? 

I can only quote what a returning friend told me.

He stated at check-in they were only interested in his Passport and COE.

At Suvarnabhumi airport they went through the procedure of looking at every document although they appeared not to understand them all and didn't ask any questions. They stamped him in as per his re-entry permit expiry date.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Pity you isolate posts without reading those of others before.

@superal after contacting the Embassy, was lead to believe the 400/40K Health Insurance was required to re-enter using a re-entry permit with a 1 year extension.

A personal friend who returned only last month applied for the Non O based on retirement and received an email from the Embassy stating if he uploaded the 400/40K Health Insurance they'd approve his application and he could send the documents and Passport for the Visa.

I also stated earlier the Embassy is sometimes the cause of the confusion.

The replies vary depending on which staff member is dealing with the enquiry.

Your friend, and others are probably told that  yes the 400/40k cover is required but are not told that it can be included in one policy with the $100,000 cover. I think that they show it separately on the website because, and this is the essence of it,  it is the 'MINIMUM REQUIREMENT'.

It seems that while persisting in arguing with me that 2 policies are required......

"

21 hours ago, SunsetT said:

Requirements for foreigners travelling to Thailand during COVID-19 travel restriction (until 30 September 2021) - Royal Thai Embassy, London"

......you have, at the same time,  been telling superal the opposite and agreeing with me that only one policy is required! I really do wonder what your motives are Tanoshi!

Edited by SunsetT
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

Your friend, and others are probably told that  yes the 400/40k cover is required but are not told that it can be included in one policy with the $100,000 cover. I think that they show it separately on the website because, and this is the essence of it,  it is the 'MINIMUM REQUIREMENT'.

It seems that while persisting in arguing with me that 2 policies are required......

"

Requirements for foreigners travelling to Thailand during COVID-19 travel restriction (until 30 September 2021) - Royal Thai Embassy, London"

......you have, at the same time,  been telling superal the opposite and agreeing with me that only one policy is required! I really do wonder what your motives are Tanoshi!

I agree with you and Axa insurance provide a policy that covers both Covid and Medical but I think I am right in saying that only the covid insurance is needed for those who have a current retirement visa extension and a re-entry permit . As I said in a previous posting the embassy website does not have a specific section on re-entry permits , however there is a reference that is not explained pasted below 

Required documents for the Certificate of Entry (apart from visa or re-entry permit) : 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, superal said:

I agree with you and Axa insurance provide a policy that covers both Covid and Medical but I think I am right in saying that only the covid insurance is needed for those who have a current retirement visa extension and a re-entry permit . As I said in a previous posting the embassy website does not have a specific section on re-entry permits , however there is a reference that is not explained pasted below 

Required documents for the Certificate of Entry (apart from visa or re-entry permit) : 

You can purchase Covid cover from any Insurer.

It must stipulate it covers treatment for the required $100,000 USD.

Some combination policies and foreign Covid policies have a 14 day waiver before claims can be made.

Already received reports of a couple of foreigners tested positive in ASQ then found this out to their own dismay - be warned.

The policies from the Thai General Insurers Association site, offer immediate cover from the day of entry. I think their prices are very reasonable.

12 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

topic header says he does.......

lets not get pedantic about visa vs extention of stay.......effectively same.....

He wasn't the OP.

Visa v Extensions totally different.

50 minutes ago, superal said:

I know that the Thai e-visa, COE and embassy websites are all we have to go on, but requirements needs to be double-checked with specific questions by polite email to the embassy in your country. We in the UK are lucky I think, in that since the Covid19 crisis began the London embassy, quite the opposite to before, have become quite fast, efficient and very helpful in their email responses.

55 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Some combination policies and foreign Covid policies have a 14 day waiver before claims can be made.

Already received reports of a couple of foreigners tested positive in ASQ then found this out to their own dismay - be warned.

The policies from the Thai General Insurers Association site, offer immediate cover from the day of entry. I think their prices are very reasonable.

You are doing your Thai insurance sales pitch again Tanoshi....555.

2 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Followed your link which is Thai actually    General Insurance Association and their page came up with this on trying to get a covid only quote based on a non o retirement visa , now would a re-entry permit override this ? 

“ For Visa type : Non-O (Retirement), Long Stay O-A, O-X , STV , a separate Health Insurance Policy is required. The limit sum insured for In-Patient is not less than THB 400,000 and for Out-Patient is not less than THB 40,000 ”

To apply the Online Health Policy, please click https://longstay.tgia.org

Close
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

It's not a pitch, it's being wise and making sure your covered when you need it.

In a previous thread you repeatedly accused a friend and myself of lying about our 1st hand experience of obtaining our O and OA Retirement visas with UK travel insurance. This indicates to me that you would not be above lying yourself. So, even though you have previously denied it, I think that you, or a family member, or a friend is a Thai insurance broker. This would explain your schizophrenic posts in this thread where you reluctantly acknowledge (due to me) that only one insurance policy is sufficient yet you continue to mislead people into thinking they also need the 400/40k Thai cover.