Must I get 12 month insurance 43k. To re enter Thailand on retirement visa ? + Vaccine inUSA?

4 hours ago, Lemonltr said:

If you were born in 1945 you are not 86.

Apologies, typo, I put in 1935 as my DOB.

1 hour ago, Lemonltr said:

The problem crops up with various individual insurance companies who turn me down because of age. 

I get to the payment using age 86.

It clearly states up to age 99.

9 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The only insurance needed is the $100k covid 19 insurance if you extended a non-o visa entry and you can get insurance up at the age of 99.

Look at this site. https://www.tipinsure.com/CovidRegional/product_detail

You might have to wait a long tome for the policy. I took covid insurance out with them on June 19th, no policy. Asked the Roojai contact on here and he looked into it. The got an email 2 weeks ago blaming- covid for no policy, but promised to send it, still don't have it. So if you needed it to show at immigration might be a problem

7 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Clive, your way off base mate.

The Covid Insurance cover mentioned in this topic is the mandatory 100,000 USD policy (equivalent to 3.3 million baht) required for the COE to enter Thailand.

Not to be confused with the voluntary Covid Insurance cover(100,000 baht) you can obtain through Roojai from within Thailand.

But it's the same company with the same customer service

15 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

You need to purchase a single entry re-entry permit, 1,000 baht.

It will be dated to the expiry date of your extension, January 2022.

On re-entry you will be stamped in and permitted to stay again until the expiry date of your current extension (Jan 2022).

You'll need to purchase the Covid Insurance to cover from the date of re-entry to the end date of your current extension.

Time it so you only need 90 days cover, otherwise you have to buy the 180 day cover.

Hi, I have similar question but need to clarify that I have my retirement extension which will expire on 18 October 2021.  
1. I need to purchase a single entry re-entry permit, 1000 baht.

2. It will be dated to the expiry date of my extension, October 18, 2021

3. On re-entry I will be stamped in and permitted to stay until the expiry date of my current extension 18 October 2021)

4. So if I leave now to US and back by the end of July 31, 2021 then I need COVID insurance to cover only 3 months or till 18 October 2021.

is that correct?  Only 3 months I need?

image.png.9cbee78a235f2a6459b7d95f0b1cba4d.png

Edited by ubonjoe
snipped image to fit the page better
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

You might have to wait a long tome for the policy. I took covid insurance out with them on June 19th, no policy. Asked the Roojai contact on here and he looked into it. The got an email 2 weeks ago blaming- covid for no policy, but promised to send it, still don't have it. So if you needed it to show at immigration might be a problem

The insurance you are trying to get is not the same as the covid 19 insurance required for entry.

Go on the site I posted the link to and you would have the policy within a day or so.

51 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

It is not the same company or insurance.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, playboy said:

3. On re-entry I will be stamped in and permitted to stay until the expiry date of my current extension 18 October 2021)

4. So if I leave now to US and back by the end of July 31, 2021 then I need COVID insurance to cover only 3 months or till 18 October 2021.

Yes that is correct. You would only need 90 days of covid 19 insurance.

5 minutes ago, playboy said:

Correct.

The Covid Insurance just has to cover the period of stay you'll be granted on entry, which in your case will be until October 18th.

1 hour ago, clivebaxter said:

It certainly is not.

The tgia Covid policies are for inbound travellers only.

Home - Covid 19 Insurance (tgia.org)

Warning

This COVID-19 Insurance Policy, together with its renewal,
is a requirement for inbound travelers to Thailand only.
It is not intended for foreigners currently living in Thailand.

These policies cover you for 100,000USD, not 100,000THB as per the Roojai policies.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Tipinsure.com is the same company so expect the same level of service no matter WHICH policy you buy

When you open the link I provided you will see that several companies are providing the insurance.

image.png.0c47fb8edea5516108b220d9ffb909d1.png

19 hours ago, Lemonltr said:

I also have a valid Non "O" regularly called and stamped as "retirement" expires late Autumn and am in the UK. 

If you are over 75 you won't be able to go back as no matter what headlines  "up to 99 years" state, insurance is not available. Try it!. All retirees and even tourists are effectively banished from Thailand. 

If you are coming back with an O not an OA.. Then thats false.. 

You need the 100k USD covid cover, available to many a travel insurance, for 90 days entry NOT the 12 months medical insurance for 400k THB. The latter is for the OA, the former is to enter on a non imm O. 

37 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Tipinsure.com is the same company so expect the same level of service no matter WHICH policy you buy

Different companies, different products, different services.

On 6/7/2021 at 10:34 AM, DrJack54 said:

OP, you need to clarify your post.

Currently your on a 12 month extension originally had a 90 day non o (retirement)?

When is expiry of current permit. It's on the stamp in your passport.

You mention WE. Is that wife or.....Thai or,..

More detail required.

BTW definitely obtain jabs when your in Canada. Why have them in the US.

Passing through States and getting vaccinated there would put us ahead by 14 days at least as  before we ‘might’get Canadian vaccination we must isolate for 14 days upon arrival in Canada           Thai wife ( has Canadian citizenship Too). Yes on 12 month extension expires Feb1 st.           Thank you for your input 

• Like 1

On 6/7/2021 at 10:31 AM, Tanoshi said:

I'm assuming at some point you obtained a Non Imm O Visa, either from a Thai Embassy or from a local Immigration office. That permitted you to stay for 90 days and you then applied for a 1 year extension of stay (a permit, not a Visa) based on retirement, either 800K in a Thai bank account, or an Embassy Income letter, which extended your stay for 1 year.

It would assist if you can post a photo of the last stamp you received, to confirm.

It should state ''extension of stay permitted up to (date).

What is that date, then we can better advise on your plan to return to the US and regularly spend 5-6 months in Thailand each year.

Correct    got 1 year extension of stay     til Feb1 2022        Thanks 

2 hours ago, khunjeff said:
18 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

A mate of mine that goes in and out regularly tells me that the INPATIENT insurance is also required to re-enter Thailand.

He is on a retirement extension.

Yes, there have been a number of reports here from holders of reentry permits based on Non-O (not OA) retirement extensions stating that at least some Thai embassies and consulates were requiring the 400/40 health insurance in order to issue a COE, even though such insurance is not required for extension of stay within Thailand. It was never clear exactly where this requirement came from.

It was some months back that the 400/40k insurance for NON-O re-entry appeared on the U.K. Thai embassy website. At that time, I remember Ubonjoe commented that he felt it was a mistake by the Embassy as he could not find any official regulation in respect of NON-O. The requirement has since disappeared from the embassy website. No consolation to those that forked out for a policy.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Thaidai26 said:

Correct    got 1 year extension of stay     til Feb1 2022        Thanks 

If your plan is to re-enter Thailand in November, then you'll only need the 90 day Covid cover.

Renew annual extension in February, buy a re-entry permit (single 1,000, multiple 3,800), repeat each year, come and go in-between as required. Of course on re-entry you'll need to comply with any entry requirements in place at the time. 

13 minutes ago, potless said:

It was some months back that the 400/40k insurance for NON-O re-entry appeared on the U.K. Thai embassy website. At that time, I remember Ubonjoe commented that he felt it was a mistake by the Embassy as he could not find any official regulation in respect of NON-O. The requirement has since disappeared from the embassy website. No consolation to those that forked out for a policy.

The 400/40K Health Insurance is required to obtain a new Non O/O-A or O-X Visa based on retirement.

It is not required for a new Non O based on marriage.

It is not required if having a re-entry permit for an extension (permit) based on retirement for the COE.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mrfaroukh said:

Try to get a 6 months travel insurance. I think it will be cheaper. 

General Travel Insurance policies aren't usually specific enough, unless you get a cover note specifically specifying it meets and covers the entry requirements.

Apart from other limitations such as only 3 or 6 months maximum cover, a lot of foreign Insurance policies have a clause voiding the policy if you travel to a Country with travel warnings from your Government.

It is therefore much safer to buy any Health or Covid Insurance from the Thai approved tgia websites for peace of mind that you know you are covered in any eventuality.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

The 400/40K Health Insurance is required to obtain a new Non O/O-A or O-X Visa based on retirement.

It is not required for a new Non O based on marriage.

It is not required if having a re-entry permit for an extension (permit) based on retirement for the COE.

Yes, I was referring to the COE with a re-entry permit. 

Edited by potless

22 hours ago, Lemonltr said:

It's after I fill in my age on the application form that "unable to offer a quote" pops up. 

Maybe you are looking at health insurance, which is limited to NEW applicants below age 75.

Others here are talking Covid insurance only. Two separate things. Non O does not require health insurance to obtain a  visa or permit to stay as Non OA does.

5 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

No, just a regular Non-O

So I'm assuming he has an extension with a multiple re-entry permit.

Then he doesn't need the Health Insurance to enter Thailand.

He may have it, but it isn't a condition.

6 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Wouldn't there be a check on your outbound flight to ensure you were leaving within the 90 days?

No, there is no requirement to have a return or outbound ticket other than for a VE entry.

• Like 1