Prachuap: 13,000 receive Astra Zeneca jabs on lively first day - officials even burst into song!

webfact

5pm.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Thai media 77kaoded reported from Hua Hin yesterday saying that 13,000 people who had registered for Covid-19 jabs on Mor Prom got vaccinated. 

This was in the whole of the province of Prachuap Khiri Khan where Hua Hin is located. 

This was done in ten places - hospitals both state and private plus vaccination centers - across eight districts. 

The media said it was lively at Hua Hin Hospital where about 2,500 people received their jabs in two locations. 

Some had arrived as early as 4 am. Some foreigners were pictured as part of the throngs. 

The atmosphere of togetherness was boosted by Hua Hin Hospital director Dr Niran Jantrakul who burst into song with other health officials singing ""Jap meu wai laew pai duay gan" (holding hands and getting through this together).

Dr Suriya Khuharat of the Prachuap Khiri Khan health department said that Astra Zeneca would be used every Monday in June. 

5pm1.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Tomorrow some who had missed out - perhaps 100 - would be vaccinated. 

Suriya said that everything had gone according to plan in the province with a speedy and efficient rollout.

Meanwhile the media reported that 45 new cases of Covid were reported in the province - 12 Thais and 33 people from Myanmar - bringing the total of infections to 1,811. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-06-08

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

13,000 people

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Dr Suriya Khuharat of the Prachuap Khiri Khan health department said that Astra Zeneca would be used every Monday in June. 

? Does that mean one vaccination event every Monday with 13000 people?

PKR population is roughly 550'000.

If you want to achieve 70% rate (385'000) this would last about 29 weeks until year end (for first! vaccination).

Let's hope that much more vaccine will come in.

Edited by KhunBENQ

1 minute ago, gravity101 said:

Not sure of your point. Or just showing off?

A response to your speculative/unfounded "has PR status" comment.

"The gentleman" lives on extensions.

59 minutes ago, khwaibah said:

From Surin Provence 2 hours back. This gentleman has NEVER departed Thailand  since 2006. He is on an extension to stay from Surin Immigration. He is married and has two teenage daughters.

1623124342403.jpeg

And the vaccine was ...............................

image.png.f94c25dbc6415671d17991d2b3d09a8c.png

And my appointment for the 2nd jab .........................

1623124485703.png

Why does it take 3 months? Shouldn't it be 1 month?

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, gravity101 said:

I guess the foreigner in the pic has PR status.

PR is different from yearly renewal.

A PR need to have good proficiency in Thai, tax payer, can sing Thai national song that most foreigners can't do.

• Sad 1

I bet london to a brick, you'll need to bring your jab confirmatory paperwork plus a photocopy signed (in blue ink) for the next whatever-visa extention you apply for here. 

And this will be mandatory -even 30 years after covid is no more bother than the sniffles.

And in 30 years time, online reporting still won't work.

15 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

A response to your speculative/unfounded "has PR status" comment.

"The gentleman" lives on extensions.

"I guess" and its a perfectly valid response given that most foreigners here like me (who have 2 children, a Thai wife blah blah) have no way of registering yet.

Edited by gravity101
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, EricTh said:

PR is different from yearly renewal.

A PR need to have good proficiency in Thai, tax payer, can sing Thai national song that most foreigners can't do.

Won't do. And treated as beneath tramps and homeless, don't hold your breath.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, gravity101 said:

"I guess" and its a perfectly valid response given that most foreigners here like me (who have 2 children, a Thai wife blah blah) have no way of registering yet.

For anyone like you, with a Wife and two children, presumably a property, living somewhere long term etc...  there was a way of registering.... Using the Yellow Tabien Baan house book / Pink ID card numbers with the Moh Promt App. 

Of course, not everyone has a Yellow Tabien Baan house book / Pink ID card which makes it difficult. 

The Thai government could very easily have opened up the Moh Promt App to use Foreigners Passport numbers.

The system they have set up for foreigners to register seems very clumsy and seems not to work very well. 

‘Getting in’ on the Thai system seems the way to go about it for some (myself included). 

Yet Sunday we got Line message saying there were only 900 shots available.......

"Because Hua Hin Hospital has been allocated 930 doses of the first round of vaccine (syringe).

Therefore, only those who have an appointment at Hua Hin Hospital ????Orange Building and ????Yellow Building Hua Hin Hospital
 On 7 June all day and ????in Hua Hin 3 on 7 June only during 9:00-11.00"