Thailand targets 3 million foreign tourists this year under phased reopening

snoop1130

This photo is more than a year old. There should be a more up to date one showing the circumstances now to be the same!

Is there anybody in Phuket with a camera of some sort at this time?

• Confused 1

Just now, sead said:

Is there any way to block these posts regarding government plans this and that. I have not seen 1 plan come through the last 9 years I'm here. 

Just ignore them and don't read them....lol

I’ve always wondered and pretty sure the answer is no. But does TAT have any input or recommendations from western (England, Germany, USA ect) travel consultants on what ideas they think would be good to bring their citizens to Thailand?  If I was trying to lure Thai tourists to my country, I for sure would have some Thai consultants pitching ideas what they think would work. 
But I’m sure here TAT Is more concerned about saving face, and how could you do that while admitting you have no idea what your doing and asking for some help and ideas from the farangs!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

This photo is more than a year old. There should be a more up to date one showing the circumstances now to be the same!

Is there anybody in Phuket with a camera of some sort at this time?

Yes, show us a photo with today's newspaper! At sunrise. Lol.

10 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

If all I have to do is flash my fully vaccinated card at the airport coming, the plane and immigration, I'll come tomorrow.

Anything else - me and  nobody else will come

Absolutely, they have put so many barriers in the way it just is'nt feasible for me. I am now fully vaccinated here in the UK and I'm waiting to come. Why did'nt they do anything for Pattaya ?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

The only 'Target' they should be setting is getting the Population Vaccinated !

Exactly!!!

If the bunch of grasping leeches had implemented testing numbers commensurate with the 70 million population from the onset of covid instead of a projecting a ludicrous pretence of a somehow miraculously virtually covid free Thailand that only incredible optimists or idiots would believe!

They could have then reacted to the reality of the true  covid situation in the kingdom and urgently attained vaccines many many months ago and now be well on their way to a fully vaccinated population and a real possibility of some small steps towards a return to normality.

The extreme greed and negligence are astonishing along with the daily garbage press releases!

Rant over ! 3-2-1 and calm.........

• Like 2

23 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Haven't taken their antipsycotic pills-as usual. 

The abacus is broken.

Just watched interesting doco on vaccine, many problems from drug companies who were financed , some up to 97 %-- they dont want to release intellectual property rights so other countries can make the vaccine.  

The the big boys are scaremongering the Russian vaccine and trying to stop some countries from using it.

Definitely there are problems getting Astra away, England bought heaps of it and are being asked to give some to other countries .

They said that vaccination of many third world countries might be a few years away.

That's because the big pharma boys are fighting about the above.

That and money.

So now politicians and big pharma are embroiled in squabbles that  will hold up the world.

Don't Worry the EU to the rescue with vaccine passports that will be able to be used to travel quarantine free.

Butttttttttttt , a vaccination nurse was arrested in France today or yesterday for issuing false vaccine certificates and the powers that be dont know how many were released.

They blame anti vaccers , and the dark net.

So I hope the Thais upgrade the Beamers and all their software in time to deal with this,if the already compromised scheme kicks off.

Meanwhile good luck to all the vaccine manufactures, India and Thailand will probably not be able to get into full swing because of this bickering by big Pharma and component supply.

Source RNZ and RT.

Obviously, these pronouncements have no credibility, since they change them every other week - with the state of travel in the world right now, there is no way that they can predict the number of arrivals between now and year-end - I actually hope that I am wrong - but I just don't see it happening.

1 minute ago, worldview said:

Obviously, these pronouncements have no credibility, since they change them every other week - with the state of travel in the world right now, there is no way that they can predict the number of arrivals between now and year-end - I actually hope that I am wrong - but I just don't see it happening.

Australia's travel bubble with NZ is always in trouble, latest stunt was 3 people snuck across the border  into NSW and got on a plane to NZ , luckily NZ twigged when they came in and put them into quarantine.

So imagine what will happen to poor old LOS if vaccine passports are forged, and travel documents, a lot harder to contain.

8 hours ago, GlassWayOverHalfFull said:

Nearly 6,000 negative posts. Well played Sir. You are in the running from most negative poster on ThaiVisa which is the most competitive trophy on the internet. 

To be fair its difficult to be positive about TAT's blatant disinformation.

12 hours ago, mjakob007 said:

For 2022, the TAT expects 20 million foreign arrivals to spend 1.3 trillion baht, Siripakorn said.

That compares with 40 million in 2019, when tourists spent 1.91 trillion baht.

### wonder how disposable income for Thailand bound tourists have shot up during the past 2 years…

This is probably not so much "inflation" - probably the extra expenses to be extorted from the visitor = full board compulsory quarantine, airport tax, vaccine tax, PCR test tax, compulsory cellphone app tax.... etc etc etc to quote Yul Brynner.....

17 hours ago, dallen52 said:

It is.

Don't know where you live, but parts of Issan the local who do voodoo, says where the house gets located, where the water bore will do good.

Spiritual with a bottle of the local gut rot.

Blesses the land.

Even what days are lucky to start the building.

And this is before the monks come a long.

Try walking around at night whistling.

Soon get told it summons the spirits and zombies..

And in your own country.... santa clause ! tooth fairy ! easter bunnies ! thats the <deleted> that you feed to your kids, for the grown ups, well, there's friday the 13th,  breaking mirrors, " bless you"  when sneezing, all the saints looking after you too !!!  then best of all  you also have your  imaginary friends !.. lol and depending on what your imaginary friend is called he will be served by either kiddy fiddling priests or female mutilating "clerics"      people who live in glass houses really shouldn't throw stones

It makes more sense for Thailand to re open in October as that is the end of the low season.  In the Summer and Autumn, in North America, the weather is nice and comfy for most people, so after October the weather starts to cool off a lot and those that do not like the Winter snows, start to depart their home countries for a nice warm to hot tropical or at least warmer place to spend their winters.

It used to be about October when the Canadians from northern Canada headed for Arizona, and similar USA states to escape the snow and cold. I still doubt that 3 million people are still financially able to travel this year, compared to previous years, but I guess in December I may see for myself, just how many people decided to escape the Canadian Winter of 2021 to 2022.

Geezer

I can't believe what I read.

Today, I  looked at the US embassy in DC.. The new rule As of May 6, 2021 all travelers to Thailand vaccinated or not must adhere to the 14 days quarantine, COE documents, insurance...same as before..  Nothing has changed yet.. No visitors will come to Thailand.

May be the "phuket thing" is a wish not yet approved depending on how well the vaccination program is moving along. 

China, Malaysia, Taiwan, Japan and India all locked down.. who will come to Thailand and get the virus?

Don't bank your hope on that idea. I think TAT better not talk about the good old days of 2019...it was just a bleep on the chart and never will it happened again.

Until the world recovers nobody will go on vacation to Thailand. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Goldpanner said:

I didnt like Phuket 30 years ago and I doubt my opinion of it will change very quickly

It was great in the very early days..... surprised you didn't like it back then. Although my first couple of visits were before that. Cheap seafood, great beaches. It just got over-developed and over priced.  

• Like 1

On 6/10/2021 at 1:52 AM, RafPinto said:

Give me her number and if possible her picture. I can do it for you. That's what friends do. In hard times, we step up.

Are you so short you have to step up to a Thai woman. You should try laying down. I'll show you how. That's what friends do.