Confucious non-immig visa and confused.

Greetings Gentlemen.  I seem to notice a few posts here on those who do have 1 Year Non-Immigrant Type O Visas , and 1 Year Extension Visas and NOT WORKING.  Clarification is needed for understanding -Does one need to exit country every 90 days on a 1 year visa or not?  Does this apply to Extensions thereafter?  Does one need to leave country to renew the 1 year Non Immigrant Type O Visa in getting the 1 Year Extension now on your Visa and thereafter.    Reporting your residence every 90 DAYS (not 3 months) is well understood to area Police District required.  From what I have seen I do not see one having to leave the country every 90 Days and have to re-enter from the Documents given to me from Consulate or I truly missed it some place out in left field.  That is why I am a bit confused here as to the posts and request a clarification for many of us ex-piats due to arrive soon. We should see something that all the Senior Administrators here in this forum on some agreement as to right step proceedure based on the questions here submitted.  Whew  Thanks   Take care :blues:

1.  A normal multi entry non immigrant visa valid for one year (what you get at a consulate) requires exit every 90 days or less.

2.  Extensions can be obtained after any 60 day period in Thailand (thus could be on the first entry) and these do not require any exit of Thailand.

3.  You do not need a new one year visa once you start getting extensions; thus you just extend each year in Thailand.  Your "stay" is being extended - you no longer need a valid visa.

4.  After 90 days in Thailand (if you do not leave) you must report your current address directly to Immigration Police and continue to do so every 90 days.  This would not apply to someone just using a multi entry visa as they would leave in less than 90 days - it only applies to those on an extension of stay.

5.  There may be provision to do the extension of stay at the home consulate (by pouch to immigration police) now so that it would be one process (retirement visa).  But do not see any official information on the www.  

6.  If you are in contact with the consulate I would suggest you ask them your questions as they should have the current information.

Greetings Lopburi.  Ok I read your message here.  I understand if I have multi-entry I have to leave and re-enter during the first year of this 1 year Non-Immigrant Visa Type O and thereafter just get it extended.

Now if I get just a 1 Year Non-Immigrant Visa Type O without multi entry, do I still have to leave?  On your second paragraph I think as you explained all I have to do is keep extending it after 60 days.  Am I correct here.  Once the Visa is close to expiration then I ask for the 1 year extension.  Am I right?

Once I understand this, then I hehehehehehe, sort of know what goes on.  Thanks  Take care :blues:

You can extend anytime you have less than 30 days remaining on your permitted to stay stamp.  This can be your first entry or your last entry or any entry.  The ending date of your visa becomes meaningless after you extend your stay.  You will never need to get another visa - only extend your stay each year a few days before your extension expires.

If you travel you must obtain a re-entry permit to keep this extension valid rather than a visa for reentry.

When you enter on a non immigrant visa you are permitted to stay 90 days.  Between day 60-89 you should apply for the one year extension of stay.  You do not have to leave Thailand and never have to leave again if it is approved.