Phuket Governor asks ministries for help

webfact

11 hours ago, smedly said:

they are under quarantine - they are not allowed to leave the Island - THAT IS QUARANTINE and now you want to tag them like prisoners out on licence 

I am in currently in quarantine in Phnom Penh for 14 days,  IE i cant leave my room>

spending 14 days and nights where you have the whole island is hardly quarantine

as to the app>  will they make it a finable law you MUST own a smart phone and you MUST carry it with you at all times

otherwise just leave it in ur room and they will see ur in ur room not out an about. 

2 hours ago, BangkokBoyJohnny said:

Just FYI use the InDriver app, you suggest a price for the driver not vice-versa. I've tried it and it works in Phuket currently....

Can you please share a link? I cannot find it on Play store. Do you know if there are some other taxi apps which works on Phuket, for example Grab?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, scorecard said:

Just wondering what the Thai policies will be when arrivals have had a full course of an approved vaccine plus a booster of an approved vaccine.

In Australia both the health minister and chief health officer have spoken positively about getting the third/booster shot and are encouraging people to get it where possible.

Also (as an answer to a reporters' question) encouragement to get a different vaccine if that's what the person wants. Example was:

- Full course of 2 shots of AZ

- Then Pfizer booster.

But all up to the person and dependent on what serum is available.

A gap of about 3 months before the third jab has also been mentioned. Earlier is OK if there's a reason, e.g., needed international travel.

All jabs (1st, 2nd, 3rd) will appear quickly on the recipients personal Medicare online record (date and name of vaccine), easily assessable by the recipient, and can be printed. Also coming soon a new smartphone app which links to the personal Medicare records from anywhere in the world (if there's internet signal available of course).  

The big questions:

- Will folks with proof of 3 jabs be exempt from quarantine, or will quarantine go back to 7 days? Or 3 days quarantine (was mentioned briefly once before).

- Or will there be just a rapid test on arrival?

- Will negative rapid test before boarding departure flight be dropped?

-Will COE be cancelled for 3 jabs travels or perhaps COE will be needed for proof of Covid 19 insurance?

Also, will the 'rules' be the same for tourists as for folks living/working in Thailand on various visas? 

Why is the post confusing?

5 hours ago, BangkokBoyJohnny said:

Its spelt i n driver 

Grab is available but at Rip off prices !

Thanks. My spelling was correct, but there is something strange with this app on Play store. When searching for it through mobile Play store I can't find it. I have found it through Google search though:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sinet.startup.inDriver&hl=en&gl=US

This link is for US and the install button is greyed out for me, but it is saying that app is compatible with my device. When I remove the "gl=US" part from the link, it is saying that app is not compatible with my device (I don't believe that). So something is very wrong and I cannot install it, maybe because it is not available in my country yet? I don't know.

2 hours ago, Alldar said:

Thanks. My spelling was correct, but there is something strange with this app on Play store. When searching for it through mobile Play store I can't find it. I have found it through Google search though:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=sinet.startup.inDriver&hl=en&gl=US

This link is for US and the install button is greyed out for me, but it is saying that app is compatible with my device. When I remove the "gl=US" part from the link, it is saying that app is not compatible with my device (I don't believe that). So something is very wrong and I cannot install it, maybe because it is not available in my country yet? I don't know.

Thats is strange...I've just checked and cant see it either on Google Play but I CAN find it with Google Chrome !

3 minutes ago, BangkokBoyJohnny said:

Thats is strange...I've just checked and cant see it either on Google Play but I CAN find it with Google Chrome !

I will try it once I arrive to Thailand. It looks like it is geo restricted. I asked a friend who is in Thailand and he can find it in Play store.

• Like 1