Phuket Governor asks ministries for help

webfact

pkt.jpg

Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew. Photo: PR Phuket

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew has asked the Ministry of Digital Economy and Society (M-DES) for help in creating a tracking app for tourists arriving under the ‘Phuket Tourism Sandbox’ model to come into effect on July 1.

He has also asked for help in staffing the ports for processing arrivals by sea after the July 1 reopening, and asked for the Department of Land Transport to take steps to prevent price gouging by tourist transport drivers after tourists are allowed to return.

Under the ‘Phuket Tourism Sandbox’ model, fully vaccinated international tourists are to be allowed to arrive in Phuket and stay on the island without any period of mandatory quarantine.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-governor-asks-ministries-for-help-80284.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-06-10

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, webfact said:

Under the ‘Phuket Tourism Sandbox’ model, fully vaccinated international tourists are to be allowed to arrive in Phuket and stay on the island without any period of mandatory quarantine.

Just report where you are every 20 minutes

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Just report where you are every 20 minutes

TM20min - You'll be photocopying and drawing silly maps (on the back of someone's visa application from last year) around the clock.

Edited by asiam110
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, smedly said:

The report marked that so far 322,373 people in Phuket had received their first injection, with a further 98,589 having received two injections.

Are Thais allowed to leave the Island vaccinated or not ?

why impose these restrictions on foreigners that have been fully vaccinated ?

sounds stupid doesn't it - because it is

They're screwing up the "Phuket Sandbox", as I suspected they would. There will be more restrictions to follow.

And wait until you see the list of all the countries that are banned from visiting ...

Edited by nkg
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, smedly said:

The report marked that so far 322,373 people in Phuket had received their first injection, with a further 98,589 having received two injections.

Are Thais allowed to leave the Island vaccinated or not ?

why impose these restrictions on foreigners that have been fully vaccinated ?

sounds stupid doesn't it - because it is

Just wondering what the Thai policies will be when arrivals have had a full course of an approved vaccine plus a booster of an approved vaccine.

In Australia both the health minister and chief health officer have spoken positively about getting the third/booster shot and are encouraging people to get it where possible.

Also (as an answer to a reporters' question) encouragement to get a different vaccine if that's what the person wants. Example was:

- Full course of 2 shots of AZ

- Then Pfizer booster.

But all up to the person and dependent on what serum is available.

A gap of about 3 months before the third jab has also been mentioned. Earlier is OK if there's a reason, e.g., needed international travel.

All jabs (1st, 2nd, 3rd) will appear quickly on the recipients personal Medicare online record (date and name of vaccine), easily assessable by the recipient, and can be printed. Also coming soon a new smartphone app which links to the personal Medicare records from anywhere in the world (if there's internet signal available of course).  

The big questions:

- Will folks with proof of 3 jabs be exempt from quarantine, or will quarantine go back to 7 days? Or 3 days quarantine (was mentioned briefly once before).

- Or will there be just a rapid test on arrival?

- Will negative rapid test before boarding departure flight be dropped?

-Will COE be cancelled for 3 jabs travels or perhaps COE will be needed for proof of Covid 19 insurance?

Also, will the 'rules' be the same for tourists as for folks living/working in Thailand on various visas? 

Edited by scorecard
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, smedly said:

they are under quarantine - they are not allowed to leave the Island - THAT IS QUARANTINE and now you want to tag them like prisoners out on licence 

Despot mafia, that's all they ever were and always will be. 

8 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Most of them have the attitude that Thailand is the only place to take a holiday and don't realise that they are competing with lots of other countries for the tourist dollar.

I'm sure that's a very true statement and it also made me think of the tiktok song (please forgive my sense of humour).........

6 minutes ago, bojo said:

I'm sure that's a very true statement and it also made me think of the tiktok song (please forgive my sense of humour).........

The sound-track makes it impossible for me to watch for longer than a couple of minutes. Very annoying.

4 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

The sound-track makes it impossible for me to watch for longer than a couple of minutes. Very annoying.

absolutely, thank goodness tiktoks are only short...................

30 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

Wowwww. He needs help for this and is basically admitting that it happens.

asked for the Department of Land Transport to take steps to prevent price gouging by tourist transport drivers after tourists are allowed to return.

So (if there's any response) the authorities will (once again) ask the taxi drivers to be nice.

And of course the drivers will comply completely and without hesitation and as a big bonus they will help the tourists/passengers with their luggage. 

Edited by scorecard

For weeks now this Governor has been pouting his chest and bragging that Phuket is fully open.

Here is the same man, with only 3 weeks to go until his Sand Box program opens asking for help. This seems to be an open admission that Phuket is not ready for Tourists.

If it were, then all these things would be done and dusted, and tested.

Man needs a Vocational change.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RafPinto said:

Wowwww. He needs help for this and is basically admitting that it happens.

asked for the Department of Land Transport to take steps to prevent price gouging by tourist transport drivers after tourists are allowed to return.

Just FYI use the InDriver app, you suggest a price for the driver not vice-versa. I've tried it and it works in Phuket currently....

6 hours ago, scorecard said:

So (if there's any response) the authorities will (once again) ask the taxi drivers to be nice.

And of course the drivers will comply completely and without hesitation and as a big bonus they will help the tourists/passengers with their luggage. 

What happened to the shirt and tie they are supposed to wear?