Thai Airways to Operate on 16 Routes

webfact

th.jpg

BANGKOK, June 10 (TNA) – Thai Airways International (THAI) will operate on 16 routes to Asian, European and Australian destinations in July – September.

Nond Kalinta, THAI's executive vice president for commercial affairs, said the airline would operate on the 16 routes during July and September to meet the demand of business people and tourists.

+

For Asian destinations, the airline will operate:

– 5 flights a week on the Bangkok-Hong Kong route;

– 3 flights a week on Bangkok-Tokyo (Narita), Bangkok-Osaka, Bangkok-Taipei and Bangkok-Manila routes;

– 2 flights a week on Bangkok-Tokyo (Haneda), Bangkok-Nagoya, Bangkok-Seoul and Bangkok-Lahore routes; and

– 1 flight a week on Bangkok-Dhaka route.

For European destinations, it will operate:

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news/line-today-english-news-714131

tnalogo.jpg
  • Haha 1

Headline: 

BANGKOK, June 10 (TNA) – Thai Airways International (THAI) will operate on 16 routes to Asian, European and Australian destinations in July – September.

But the full report doesn't mention Australia.

And what's the significance of July to September? 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Headline: 

But the full report doesn't mention Australia.

And what's the significance of July to September? 

Right at the end of the article it says:

For Australia, THAI will operate 2 flights a week on Bangkok-Sydney route.

July - September is the 3rd quarter of the year, perhaps THAI plans its flights one quarter at a time.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nkg said:

Right at the end of the article it says:

July - September is the 3rd quarter of the year, perhaps THAI plans its flights one quarter at a time.

Planning is not their strong point.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Albert Zweistein said:

Who wants to fly a bankrupt airline ? They might not be able to take of due to lack of funds to pay the kerosine bill.

Further, there's no complete proposal or acceptance of a proposal  (by the local or international creditors) to repay the massive outstanding debt.

So how can they announce international flights June to September.

And why is there an announcement with the time frame of June to September.

Do the flights stop at end of September? Why/what drives the timeframe of June to September? With a specific period stated like this surely there must be a reason?

Edited by scorecard

2 hours ago, Andyfez said:

I'm surprised anyone would give them credit! With such a loss they shouldn't be operating.

Please mention one airline that is not making a loss but profit? Even Singapore airlines has a huge problem as they completely depend on foreign routes due to the lack of domestic ones.

One would assume that as Phuket and other places will open up for tourists, those routs are liable to change rapidly adding of cancelling routs and destinations depends on where the traffic is greater...

Good to hear that Thai will be resuming some regular services. Sorry for those still waiting for refunds from Thai for cancelled flights. One reason to always book direct with the airline and pay by credit card. 100% certain of never losing out. Worked for me in October 2020 and CC charged back to Thai within 3 hours and credited my account. Why save a few hundred baht using an agency for a restricted ticket and risk never getting a refund? The agency will play client off against airline always. You will rarely ever be able to select seats, change dates, get mileage or a refund on "agency" bought tickets. Oh, but they are cheaper... Or are they really? I personally would not hesitate to book Thai if the tickets were reasonably priced and fitted my schedule. They switched my Nov/Dec 2020 ticket to Nov/Dec 2021 with no charge. If they cancel those flights I will get another refund from my CC provider.

3 hours ago, Clarkey611 said:

And please remember that Thai Airways is not serving alcohol on any of their International flights.

This was the case on TG910 departing BKK to LHR on 18th April. But who really wants to be drinking on a 05:00am departure? Another point of note is that there was no inflight entertainment or movies. I understand Thai are not paying the licensing fees to the suppliers. Sleep, a podcast, a book or an iPad is usually better than their entertainment anyway.

41 minutes ago, sghanchey said:

https://tna.mcot.net/english-news/line-today-english-news-714131 does not work for me. Maybe it did for you, smarty pants. 

It did work for smarty pants. Here is what it showed:

–          5 flights a week on the Bangkok-Hong Kong route;

–          3 flights a week on Bangkok-Tokyo (Narita), Bangkok-Osaka, Bangkok-Taipei and Bangkok-Manila routes;

–          2 flights a week on Bangkok-Tokyo (Haneda), Bangkok-Nagoya, Bangkok-Seoul and Bangkok-Lahore routes; and

–          1 flight a week on Bangkok-Dhaka route.

–          3 flights a week on Bangkok-Frankfurt route;

–          2 flights a week on Bangkok-London and Bangkok-Copenhagen routes; and

–          1 flight a week on Bangkok-Paris and Bangkok-Zurich routes.

10 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

–          3 flights a week on Bangkok-Tokyo (Narita), Bangkok-Osaka, Bangkok-Taipei and Bangkok-Manila routes;

–          2 flights a week on Bangkok-Tokyo (Haneda), Bangkok-Nagoya, Bangkok-Seoul and Bangkok-Lahore routes; and

–          2 flights a week on Bangkok-London and Bangkok-Copenhagen routes; and

Looks like s/he couldn't read 'see more' in Thai. Like me.

Thanks for the info ????

2 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

One reason to always book direct with the airline and pay by credit card. 100% certain of never losing out. 

Not Ture I did my booking just like that.

Thai Airways Whezle the way out of it due to some fine print stating the refund is being processed still.
CC say I have to Wait for Legal outcomes before they will refund.
But we all know its never going to come.
I will NEVER book Thai Airways!
I don't want to risk not only the money but the Crappy service and the very real possibility of cancelled flights with no recourse.
I hope all TG planes are impounded when they arrive in Foreign ports.

22 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Many thanks for the details.