4 days after getting the vaccine

Peterw42

On 6/11/2021 at 5:05 PM, RichardColeman said:

I go the usual headaches, feverish and a real desire to drink water.

Also got achy legs and the injection sight ached for about 2 months.

Problem as I see it, is I'm more likely to have to go through it again here in the UK with a booster before Thailand opens properly !

Has the UK issued any policies about getting a booster?

my foreign insurance company said they will pay for the shot no matter where I get it.  Then yesterday I got a message from the company that they will give me a $50.00USD gift if I get a vaccine shot.  On a different note, the US is now advising people that get the 1st AZ shot, the second shot should be from

pfizer!  Don't know about that.

My wife is having her jab tomorrow. She seems to think it's akin to open heart surgery. She has just returned with a weeks shopping and warned me that I could be on my own while she is recovering. I told her it's only a little <deleted>. Her reply was ...........????

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Has the UK issued any policies about getting a booster?

No  place has as the research is still underway.

We do not yet know how long lasting the immunity conferred by vaccination is.

The other factor, besides duration of protection, is how effective vaccine-generated immunity is against new variants.

8 hours ago, shdmn said:

Paracetamol (Acetaminophen) helped me.

My ex-wife just got first dose of AZ vaccine. She informs that she has a mild fever right now. Being a Thai of age mid-30s I wonder how she got that particular brand as I had been led to believe only the over 60s qualified for anything other than Sinovac but, nevertheless, kudos to her for getting that sorted out so soon after the gov't official roll-out date. Personally I will be waiting for Moderna late Oct '21.

1 hour ago, OishiRefill said:

My ex-wife just got first dose of AZ vaccine. She informs that she has a mild fever right now. Being a Thai of age mid-30s I wonder how she got that particular brand as I had been led to believe only the over 60s qualified for anything other than Sinovac but, nevertheless, kudos to her for getting that sorted out so soon after the gov't official roll-out date. Personally I will be waiting for Moderna late Oct '21.

Personally, I have registered my interest in Moderna via the following link which is connected to the Kasemrad chain of Thai private hospitals. https://www.ksbrhospital.com/WebService/BCH_vaccine?ui=EN

6 hours ago, OishiRefill said:

My ex-wife just got first dose of AZ vaccine. She informs that she has a mild fever right now. Being a Thai of age mid-30s I wonder how she got that particular brand as I had been led to believe only the over 60s qualified for anything other than Sinovac

Maybe she is not in Thailand.  

On 6/12/2021 at 9:05 AM, Tanna said:

Nine hours after first Astra Zeneca vaccine had 30 minutes of virtually uncontrollable shaking. 

Then it started to subside.

Spoke to Dr. a few weeks later and he was not concerned.

Fear.

On 6/11/2021 at 11:47 PM, Oxx said:

Uh, influenza is caused by influenza viruses, not coronaviruses.

The common cold is caused by a Corona virus.

Common human coronaviruses

1. 229E (alpha coronavirus)
  2. NL63 (alpha coronavirus)
  3. OC43 (beta coronavirus)
  4. HKU1 (beta coronavirus)

Other human coronaviruses

1. MERS-CoV (the beta coronavirus that causes Middle East Respiratory Syndrome, or MERS)
  2. SARS-CoV-1 (the beta coronavirus that causes severe acute respiratory syndrome, or SARS)
  3. SARS-CoV-2 (the novel coronavirus that causes coronavirus disease 2019, or COVID-19)

We seem to have come along way since the era of taking medicine safety for granted. Opium in cough syrup. Codeine for headaches  and Thalidomide which caused deformities in babies are classic examples.  Now, by just reading posts by TV subscribers we know almost as much as the medical profession without having to study for years.????

4 hours ago, Catoni said:

True, but off topic.  Influenza and the common cold are totally different diseases.  Coronaviruses do not cause influenza.

2 hours ago, Gandtee said:

Now, by just reading posts by TV subscribers we know almost as much as the medical profession without having to study for years.

Tosh.  The anti-vaxers and pharma-skeptics here obviously know far more than the medical profession.  And it only took them a short while watching totally unqualified, self-proclaimed experts on Youtube and Facebook to acquire their insights.

Quite frankly, I think we should scrap all medical schools as a waste of money and give wouldbe physicians subsidised access to social media.

1 hour ago, Oxx said:

Tosh.  The anti-vaxers and pharma-skeptics here obviously know far more than the medical profession.  And it only took them a short while watching totally unqualified, self-proclaimed experts on Youtube and Facebook to acquire their insights.

Quite frankly, I think we should scrap all medical schools as a waste of money and give wouldbe physicians subsidised access to social media.

I thought my sarcasm had fallen on deaf ears until I read your last paragraph.

My wife had her jab today. She is over 70. They had run out of AZ  and offered her a postponement or Sinovac, which she accepted. No side affects as yet except for an amazing ability to speak mandarin. ????

• Like 1

23 hours ago, OishiRefill said:

When i got my AZ jab loads of people were under 60 

9 hours ago, Catoni said:

Common human coronaviruses

1. 229E (alpha coronavirus)
  2. NL63 (alpha coronavirus)
  3. OC43 (beta coronavirus)
  4. HKU1 (beta coronavirus)

Other human coronaviruses

1. MERS-CoV (the beta coronavirus that causes Middle East Respiratory Syndrome, or MERS)
  2. SARS-CoV-1 (the beta coronavirus that causes severe acute respiratory syndrome, or SARS)
  3. SARS-CoV-2 (the novel coronavirus that causes coronavirus disease 2019, or COVID-19)

Correct but slightly misleading.... 

The 4 common cold causing Alpha and Beta coronaviruses contribute to approximately 20% of common colds.

Human Rhinoviruses of which there are over 100 different types cause between 10% and 40% of common colds.

Human parainfluenza viruses (HPIV) cause about 20% of colds, usually the more severe type of cold.

Also Respiratory Syncytial viruses (RSV) are also a cause of the common cold. 

Allergens also cause a large number of colds.

Finally, about 20% colds are presumed to be caused by viruses as yet unidentified. 

4 hours ago, OishiRefill said:

We communicate regularly, usually by emails or phone calls but about once per month face-2-face. Passing our child back and forth on some weekends. Here in Bangkok.

I fact checked myself. She says no! She was not given a choice of vaccine brand. She had one option only, AZ.

On 6/11/2021 at 7:15 AM, Peterw42 said:

On a serious note, each evening I do get the sweats and feel mildly feverish,

It's 2021 and healthy humans are injecting themselves with something that makes them sick.......all because they won't get more sick.

Why can't we evolve quicker??????  Eat this pizza and you won't get sick for 20-years.   OK, sorted.

Now I'm convinced we are in a simulation