4 days after getting the vaccine

Peterw42

47 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

I've addressed that first study many times on here before. It's a single paper that claims to find a correlation (with no hint of a causative mechanism) based on a statistical analysis of cases that has been discredited as having been based on a flawed statistical model.

Even other researchers using the same data source cannot find the same correlation as the authors of that paper.

The second link talks about a possibility of long term effects but presents no evidence that such a thing exists.

The third link has plenty of adverse side effects there but again, none of them are listed as long term side effects - unless I'm missing something. In which case if you could point it out, that would be appreciated.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

I've addressed that first study many times on here before. It's a single paper that claims to find a correlation (with no hint of a causative mechanism) based on a statistical analysis of cases that has been discredited as having been based on a flawed statistical model.

Even other researchers using the same data source cannot find the same correlation as the authors of that paper.

The second link talks about a possibility of long term effects but presents no evidence that such a thing exists.

The third link has plenty of adverse side effects there but again, none of them are listed as long term side effects - unless I'm missing something. In which case if you could point it out, that would be appreciated.

How about some links for all of that, or do you expect us to just take your word?

OK, here's just one of the papers discussing the flaws in the Classen and Classen study.

Vaccines and their real or perceived adverse effects

At it states (in part):

Two independent reviews of available data specific to vaccines were presented by the Cochrane reviewers and the Johns Hopkins Vaccine Safety Institute; neither found an association such as that reported, and both indicated concerns about methodological issues in statistical analysis and the design and conduct of these studies. The conclusion of the workshop, presented in June 1998, was that studies in humans do not indicate an increase in type 1 diabetes attributable to any vaccine or the timing of immunisation.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

2 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

And the other two links I provided?

You said that there wasn't a single vaccine that had long-term side-effects.

I already responded to that in my earlier post. However, just to save you looking back at it, I'll repeat.

One merely speculates that there could be long term effects but without presenting any evidence (admittedly difficult since Covid vaccinations have only been going on for about six months, but still).

The other is a long list of known side effects of existing vaccines, none of which is identified as a long term adverse effect as far as I can see.

Just now, GroveHillWanderer said:

I already responded to that in my earlier post. However, just to save you looking back at it, I'll repeat.

One merely speculates that there could be long term effects but without presenting any evidence (admittedly difficult since Covid vaccinations have only been going on for about six months, but still).

The other is a long list of known side effects of existing vaccines, none of which is identified as a long term adverse effect as far as I can see.

Did you read about the Meningococcal vacine in the third link?

Covid is too new to determine whether there are any long-term side effects..........excepting death.

2 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Had the flu jab 5 weeks ago,no problems ,there never is,3 days ago had the AZ jab again no problems ,oh and my other head agrees.????

Do you get the persistent feeling that somebody is looking over your shoulder?

I hate that but I feel better knowing I have replacement parts available if I lose teeth or an eye or two. Sadly I suspect my other brain is as worthless as the one I'm using now.

• Haha 1

I had no adverse reactions at all when I had my first AZ shot on Monday. Even the jab was a pleasurable little <deleted>.

Does this mean the vaccine is not working? Should I go back and ask for more?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

I had no adverse reactions at all when I had my first AZ shot on Monday. Even the jab was a pleasurable little <deleted>.

They gave you the placebo ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Actually, I think I had Covid earlier in the year so maybe I already have the antibodies and the vaccine therefore doesn't trigger an effect.

Thinking ahead, I wonder what will happen when people who have been fully vaccinated test positive for Covid. Of course they will most likely be asymptomatic and their viral loads will be low reducing chances of infecting others. Hopefully there will be no more quarantines if you have been vaccinated, but test positive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevemercer said:

I believe the efficacy rate for Oxford AstraZeneca is around 95%

That means 5% of people the vaccine does not "take"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevemercer said:

Not at all, my wife has had the 2 jabs with no reaction at all, it all depends on the person and how their immune response is wired according to the UK boffins who have now done 75% of the population with at least 1 jab and over 50% have had both, so many many millions all with a range of side effects from none to feeling like <deleted> for days, some were worse after the 2nd Jab some on the 1st.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, stuandjulie said:

Not at all, my wife has had the 2 jabs with no reaction at all, it all depends on the person and how their immune response is wired according to the UK boffins who have now done 75% of the population with at least 1 jab and over 50% have had both, so many many millions all with a range of side effects from none to feeling like <deleted> for days, some were worse after the 2nd Jab some on the 1st.

I heard that one chap couldn't go to the fridge after his jab because all the fridge door magnets flew off and stuck to his arm.????

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

One of the Three Tenors?

Seriously (well, trying to be), I am about to get jabbed. Perhaps because I don't follow all this covid [deleted], I don't understand various references here to magnets, iron, ball-bearings and the like. Would anyone volunteer an explanation that isn't too insulting?

(sorry if I'm ruining a joke, but I don't know if you're serious)

1 hour ago, Disparate Dan said:

One of the Three Tenors?

Seriously (well, trying to be), I am about to get jabbed. Perhaps because I don't follow all this covid [deleted], I don't understand various references here to magnets, iron, ball-bearings and the like. Would anyone volunteer an explanation that isn't too insulting?

The ridiculous scare mongering idea of being vaccinated with a microchip. Does that help?????

13 hours ago, Tanna said:

Nine hours after first Astra Zeneca vaccine had 30 minutes of virtually uncontrollable shaking. 

Then it started to subside.

Spoke to Dr. a few weeks later and he was not concerned.

Reminds me of the doctor joke...

Did the doctor say "Don't worry, I'll be fine".

2 hours ago, Disparate Dan said:

One of the Three Tenors?

Conspiracy theory people are claiming that their body became magnetized; others that the vaccination contains various types of microchips that do various evil things.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ThaIrish Sean said:

I believe the efficacy rate for Oxford AstraZeneca is around 95%

That means 5% of people the vaccine does not "take"

No, not what that means.

Efficacy of 95% means that the vax group had 5% the number of sentinel events (usually symptomatic infections) compared to the placebo group.

This difference in understanding efficacy becomes more significant when you talk about lower efficacy rates.

For example a 50% efficacy rate does not mean that half the vaccinated subjects had symptomatic illness, it means that the number of symptomatic cases in the vaccinated group was half of that in the placebo group.

So even a 50% efficacy rate reduces your risk by half.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Did you read about the Meningococcal vacine in the third link?

Covid is too new to determine whether there are any long-term side effects..........excepting death.

Then don't get it Karen.

On 6/10/2021 at 11:57 PM, ThaIrish Sean said:

It's better to have some reaction after the dose than none. At least you know your body is fighting something, even if it is an 086 chip ????

First dose, my whole body ached, a headache and nausea for one day.

The next day back to work no problems at all.

Second dose I was lethargic, but that could just be laziness ????

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2021/04/18/no-side-effects-doesnt-mean-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-not-working/?sh=548722bc1b14

"No Side Effects Doesn’t Mean The Covid-19 Vaccine Is Not Working"

Driving in the car listening to music from card reader inserted, wife who has had her first shot took her mask off, and suddenly all tracks started playing for just a few seconds, I pulled out the card reader and it just continued on without out it in. ???????????? ???? <deleted>

9 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I was levelled  by it for about 30 hours: high fever (39+), shaking chill, headache, body aches.

Felt like when I had dengue, just didn't last a long, and fortunately did not cause the prolonged after effects that dengue does - once it passed, within a day I was back to 100%.

I've never felt a thing after a flu vaccine so wasn't expecting this. But of course I knew what it was when it hit, and that while I was in the unlucky 10%, that it was not unexpected and not something to worry about. Got through it with fluids and a lot of paracetemol. (and to be honest, some codeine to get through the night).

I would suggest planning some down time just in case you react  like me.

Paracetamol (Acetaminophen) helped me.