Just got Astra Zeneca vaccine---hope all foreigners can

neilrob

8 hours ago, Tony125 said:

AstraZeneca shots should be halted for over-60s - EMA official

https://www.yahoo.com/news/astrazeneca-shots-halted-over-60s-083043034.html

From your own quote -

The head of the EU drug regulator's COVID-19 task force said on Sunday that AstraZeneca's coronavirus vaccine had a favourable risk-benefit profile for all age groups and particularly for those aged over 60.

I am in Northern Chiang Mai Province.

My self and several non Thai friends registered at the local hospital a few weeks ago.

They got the 8 June and myself and two others a week later

All dates were then pushed back a week or more.

Three of them received the AstraZeneca earlier this week.

I was due for my shot this Thursday but then the announcement it’s now only Sinovac.

At this stage I don’t think I will bother.

On 6/12/2021 at 3:33 PM, richard_smith237 said:

(plus I’d had too many beers the night before !).

Just a heads up My wife who is having her second jab today, on both occasions had been told not to drink alcohol the day before or drive to the hospital. 

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, kynikoi said:

Thai nurses have no clue how to take blood pressure. They sit you down immediately and don't ask if you've been walking a while, do not account for being outside in extreme heat for prolonged period of time, place the blood pressure cuff on the wrong arm, might place it over clothing even though it could be pulled back.

What's really funny is their reaction 200/105 nothing. Do you think that's a little high? No, well maybe...

Lol

Sorry,but what hospital do you go to,i use at least 3 and no nurses are like that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

Just a heads up My wife who is having her second jab today, on both occasions had been told not to drink alcohol the day before or drive to the hospital. 

The not drive to the hospital order might be in case they had a severe reaction to the vaccine.

10 hours ago, falang1969 said:

A serious question, how do you know it was the AZ vaccine? Were you told that or did you actually see the vaccine packaging?

I saw Astra Zeneca labelling. Afterwards I received a message with the follow up appointment date and including the manufacturer, lot and serial number---see attached image

Vaccine.JPG

22 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

So that's why mine was elevated when I went into Bangkok Hospital the other day, the wife looking at my trouser with eyes rolling back again when the nurse was standing next to me, she was one of those real pretty ones that you just want to give more than a smile, perhaps a tip.

That's why I leave my wife at home

Guys,

A word to the wise.

I was told by the village when my other half registered just to wait and be called.

After reading various bulletins on here and elsewhere I told my other I wanted to go to the hospital for verification.

There was a bit of an argument about this as well but I forced the issue as I am 59 years old, definitely with visible pre existing condition regards respiratory and a cancer survivor still under certain medications.

Opposite the hospital is a Mom and Pop shop where the nurses go and eat and one of them, (who frequently gets perfume from me from abroad) had said last week that she would register me and took my details.

We went today to allay my fears, and the lady at reception in the hospital checked her computer and had no record from my Phuu Yai Baan or anybody else registering me.

She said I would have to wait my turn in the queue. I said, that's fine, but because of pre existing I should be higher up in the queue along with government guidelines.

I also pointed out they couldn't contact me in any queue unless I was at least registered in the system with my details and phone number! She relented and did it there and then whilst I was waiting.

By this time, the nurse who had said she would register me appeared and went into a bit of a flap. She spoke with the receptionist and I have been told to report back for the AZ vaccine in two days on the 16th June.

There were people getting vaccinated whilst I was there, who had previously registered. I was then told they do have vaccine but only for those in the queue, and in an orderly step by step fashion.

Just leaving this here, and it looks like persistence may have paid off. Don't trust registering in your village office, especially as a foreigner.

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The not drive to the hospital order might be in case they had a severe reaction to the vaccine.

In UK I was asked if I was driving home then asked to wait for 15 minutes after both my AZ jabs. Felt OK so left after the 15 minutes.

Cannot quite see why it needs to be any different in Thailand except for "TIT" of course ????

Edited by VBF
Spelling

10 hours ago, StevieAus said:

I am in Northern Chiang Mai Province.

My self and several non Thai friends registered at the local hospital a few weeks ago.

They got the 8 June and myself and two others a week later

All dates were then pushed back a week or more.

Three of them received the AstraZeneca earlier this week.

I was due for my shot this Thursday but then the announcement it’s now only Sinovac.

At this stage I don’t think I will bother.

https://www.sinovacbook.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMImP3B8PaW8QIVAS-PCh0u6A_-EAEYASAAEgIYkPD_BwE

On 6/14/2021 at 6:44 AM, canthai55 said:

From your own quote -

The head of the EU drug regulator's COVID-19 task force said on Sunday that AstraZeneca's coronavirus vaccine had a favourable risk-benefit profile for all age groups and particularly for those aged over 60.

AstraZeneca (AZN) COVID-19 Jab's New Side Effect Stated by EMA

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/astrazeneca-azn-covid-19-jabs-142302961.html

7 hours ago, Tony125 said:

AstraZeneca (AZN) COVID-19 Jab's New Side Effect Stated by EMA

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/astrazeneca-azn-covid-19-jabs-142302961.html

This is for one VERY small group with a rare condition.

You do a disservice to readers of this Forum to post such, without an explanatory statement.

"people who have previously suffered from capillary leak syndrome should not be inoculated with AstraZeneca’s AZN COVID-19 vaccine, Vaxzevria"

"Systemic capillary leak syndrome (SCLS) is a rare disorder"

"less than 1 in 1 million people"

https://www.raregenomics.org/systemic-capillary-leak-syndrome-rareshare-rg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, canthai55 said:

This is for one VERY small group with a rare condition.

You do a disservice to readers of this Forum to post such, without an explanatory statement.

"people who have previously suffered from capillary leak syndrome should not be inoculated with AstraZeneca’s AZN COVID-19 vaccine, Vaxzevria"

"Systemic capillary leak syndrome (SCLS) is a rare disorder"

"less than 1 in 1 million people"

https://www.raregenomics.org/systemic-capillary-leak-syndrome-rareshare-rg

So now we/I must post a link to an article and also explain the contents of the article in say laymans language. I post and if others want they can read the article and learn from it or they can ignor it.  Even the links headline states it is a rare condition.

45 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

So now we/I must post a link to an article and also explain the contents of the article in say laymans language. I post and if others want they can read the article and learn from it or they can ignor it.  Even the links headline states it is a rare condition.

Do what you want.

But your posts - both quoting Yahoo (correlation ?) needlessly scaremonger.

If a significant number of people affected - fine

Minuscule numbers ...

9 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

Do what you want.

But your posts - both quoting Yahoo (correlation ?) needlessly scaremonger.

If a significant number of people affected - fine

Minuscule numbers ...

I may share a link from MSN News or Yahoo News but both are quoting reports/articles from the WHO, 

The European Medicines Agency’s (EMA), or USA's  CDC.  If you had cared to read the article your complaining about besides that rare condition they also talk about the problems with Astrazeneca causing blood clots in younger persons that caused the suspension of AZ for awhile. Now the EMA says AZ can still be used but recomends younger persons try  an alternative vacccine available in GB.  You will see that if you read the Yahoo report.

On 6/13/2021 at 11:15 PM, falang1969 said:

A serious question, how do you know it was the AZ vaccine? Were you told that or did you actually see the vaccine packaging?

I can answer from my experience last week. I was shown the ampole with Lot number and Seriel Number and asked to check those detalis against what was typed on a form that I was carrying around.

That Lot Number and Seriel Number are on my 16 week appointment form. My form says VC:ASTRA_2:AstraZeneca-vaccine. Guess a very good chance that it wasn't just salt water.

52 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

I can answer from my experience last week. I was shown the ampole with Lot number and Seriel Number and asked to check those detalis against what was typed on a form that I was carrying around.

That Lot Number and Seriel Number are on my 16 week appointment form. My form says VC:ASTRA_2:AstraZeneca-vaccine. Guess a very good chance that it wasn't just salt water.

"Guess a very good chance that it wasn't just salt water."

I was questioning due to the fact I don't want the Sinovac vaccine.

paid shill...

now i know what vaccine I DON'T want.......

follow me!!!!!  look at me!!!!!   I'm the best!!!

Amazing how people are happy to get mysterious chemicals in them...

oh, humans........not the sharpest tool in the shed

On 6/14/2021 at 12:22 PM, Scouse123 said:

Just leaving this here, and it looks like persistence may have paid off. Don't trust registering in your village office, especially as a foreigner.

I registered at several places including Makro, Warorot, a private hospital but nobody has given me an appointment yet.

Just to show the whole registration process is a big mess for long-term foreigners.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

I registered at several places including Makro, Warorot, a private hospital but nobody has given me an appointment yet.

Just to show the whole registration process is a big mess for long-term foreigners.

I actually registered at the local government hospital as that was the one that was vaccinating people. It took two days from registering to getting the jab. They actually gave me my appointment date after they had completed registration.

I did say mine was made easier by producing the pink card as that definitely seemed to make it easier for them to input it into their system.

I know  nothing about registering at Makro but I do know that private hospitals had no vaccines earlier this month and were purely making a list of people interested in purchasing the vaccine.

Edited by Scouse123

• 2 weeks later...

A brief follow up. When I originally posted about my experience, I did not know what would happen if your blood pressure remained high. Would you still be vaccinated? I now know from someone else's direct experience. He got vaccinated today in spite of his blood pressure remaining high.

Unfortunately, as those waiting for a vaccine probably know already, vaccine supplies in Chiang Mai are now very low, resulting in delays