Just got Astra Zeneca vaccine---hope all foreigners can

neilrob

24 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Add your experience to this thread...  Linked below.

Sheryl has set it up as a ‘go to source’ to identify the details of how, where, and which vaccine people have been getting. 

I posted here as you suggested

Out of curiosity, what was your blood pressure like when it was deemed too high, and later when it was deemed okay?

While I realize that taking a patient's blood pressure is standard procedure when visiting a hospital in Thailand, I find it quite odd that they ask you to wait for it to go down before administering a vaccine.

When the nurse took my blood pressure,she looked at me and said very good for your age,then spoke to the wife,who replied thay it was normal for me 111/ 69 ,sorry could not help boasting,by the way the hospital staff were great treated me very well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lacessit said:
12 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

It's natural that it will drop a little.

My Pressure was 137 / 93 (highest its been for a while), but I’d just walked from the carpark, register and then straight to blood pressure test (plus I’d had too many beers the night before !).

After the post vaccine 30 minute post vaccine ‘sit and chill’ my blood pressure was back down to 125 / 83 (which is the norm for me). 

Thus: Quite often, when people arrive at a hospital etc, have walked somewhere etc their blood pressure may be slightly elevated - if it is, a short wait can bring the blood pressure back to that persons normal levels. 

IF the blood pressure does not go back down to ‘normal levels’ that may mean the person does have an underlying medial issue and receiving the vaccine may not be a good idea from the hospitals point of view.

Expand  

"White coat syndrome" is a common occurrence in hospitals, caused by anxiety.

Doubtful...  that stuff doesn’t phase me in the slightest. 

I’d just just walked up the ramp from the car part, no waiting around, straight in for the blood pressure test.

Within 5 mins of arriving at the hospital I’d had the vaccine...

14 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

When the nurse took my blood pressure,she looked at me and said very good for your age,then spoke to the wife,who replied thay it was normal for me 111/ 69 ,sorry could not help boasting,by the way the hospital staff were great treated me very well.

You blood pressure snob you....ha ha ha ha

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cardinalblue said:

What a racist comment by that nurse....it is such common and ignorant practice here that they don’t even recognize it as racist....

RACIST? Ageist maybe.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, neilrob said:

I believe the break point is systolic of 140. My blood pressure was above that initially, measured by an automated machine. After waiting about 15 minutes, my blood pressure was measured by a nurse using a different type (more accurate??) of machine and I passed. As might be expected in a group of older people, there were quite a number of people in the hold zone for testing. I saw some being retested and not given the go ahead, so presumably still too high. They then continued to sit in the hold zone, presumably for a further test. I do not know if those who could not pass were finally vaccinated or not.

Of the two hospitals I've been to, 160/100 is the cut off. My mother in law has been turned away twice ( 8 hours in total) due to it being over this. I was, 4th time lucky, given mine with a BP of 158/82. Definitely white coat syndrome as I'm 120/80 most weeks.

Edited by alien365

3 minutes ago, alien365 said:

Of the two hospitals I've been to, 160/100 is the cut off. My mother in law has been turned away twice ( 8 hours in total) due to it being over this. I was, 4th time lucky, given mine with a BP of 158/82. Definitely white coat syndrome as I'm 120/80 most weeks.

Does anyone have a method of bringing their BP down in such situations? 

Edited by alien365

I had exactly the same experience on Monday, 7 Jun: Mor Prom, Pink Card, very efficient, some wondering about whether I was eligible, got the shot, appointment for 2nd shot in 3 months, Mor Prom follow-up the next day.

All is well so far... ????

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, alien365 said:

Does anyone have a method of bringing their BP down in such situations? 

Sit down,relax and in your mind make your pressure go down,loosen your belt and close your eyes.

Breath calmly and you will see the pressure go down.

This only works of course for the white coat thingy,if you have a real PB problem see a doctor about that first.

• Like 1