Proactive testing continues in Bangkok as daily new cases remain high

Jonathan Fairfield

767e28e729b87cf44e16991a83bdf479_small.jpeg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Health authorities in Bangkok continue to carry out on-site active COVID-19 testing at communities and workers’ camps, in order to identify potential new cases and break the transmission chain, as new cases in the capital remain the highest.

Today was the final day of on-site active COVID-19 testing in communities surrounding Lak Si District Office in Bangkok, where targeted villagers are being swab-tested for COVID-19.

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration and SEMed Living Care Hospital had arranged this on-site testing service in the neighborhood which started on 10th June, focusing primarily on at-risk people, the elderly, and children.

Residents in these communities have been cooperating well with this measure, intended to quickly identify people with coronavirus, enabling them to receive life-saving treatment in time, while preventing widespread transmission.

Lak Si district has been a concerning transmission hotspot in Bangkok. A COVID-19 cluster has been identified at a construction camp in the district, in which the first cases of COVID-19 of the Delta variant first identified in India has been found.

In Lat Krabang district, an active testing site has been set up at V Market by the Institute for Urban Disease Control and Prevention, and Lat Krabang district office.

Three royally bestowed specimen swabbing trucks have been deployed to this site, where 1,200 swabs will be made daily from today until 15th June.

Limited to Thai citizens only, the waiting line at this testing venue will begin at 7:30 a.m., with the first swab performed at 8:30 a.m., and continuing until 2 p.m. Results are expected to be delivered within 1-2 days.

Health officials said today most people coming to the testing center are workers at a construction camp in Lat Krabang district. So far, around 20 positive cases have been found among all the swabs, a rate of 1-2%.

nnt.jpg

Massive two/three story, shoddy tin complex, for Myanmar construction workers being built on our soi.....200m away......not a happy camper.....expecting cases in our area to increase for sure.......

Edited by Surelynot

1 hour ago, Farmerkev said:

Wow 1200 test kits available per day for 3 days

I guess this goes some way to answering the question.

" Is enough random testing being carried out.

1 hour ago, Surelynot said:

Massive two/three story, shoddy tin complex, for Myanmar construction workers being built on our soi.....200m away......not a happy camper.....expecting cases in our area to increase for sure.......

You are probably in one of the safest places that you could be.

All these Construction Workers Etc now have guards on the Camps to prevent them nipping down to 7/11, and all the Camps are being monitored by Health Officials.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cake Monster said:

I guess this goes some way to answering the question.

" Is enough random testing being carried out.

You are probably in one of the safest places that you could be.

All these Construction Workers Etc now have guards on the Camps to prevent them nipping down to 7/11, and all the Camps are being monitored by Health Officials.

They have already put a moveable panel in the back wall that leads to a small soi........!!!!!

Guards will make a pretty penny.

Edited by Surelynot
  • Haha 1

Just now, Cake Monster said:

Wouldn,t you if you were locked in a Prison Compound.

Sorry, but I find it funny, specially as they are being monitored to prevent the spread of Covid by the Authorities.

Is this a reply to me?........Mixed feelings......they do lead pretty miserable lives even without covid lockdown.........but then again, if covid is rife within these camps and they spread it, I might change my mind when I find myself struggling to breathe in Bumrungrad and the bills are mounting up.

8 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Is this a reply to me?........Mixed feelings......they do lead pretty miserable lives even without covid lockdown.........but then again, if covid is rife within these camps and they spread it, I might change my mind when I find myself struggling to breathe in Bumrungrad and the bills are mounting up.

Not specifically a reply to you

More a dig at the so called Close Monitoring these people are receiving.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Not specifically a reply to you

More a dig at the so called Close Monitoring these people are receiving.

Yes....I am interested to see the guarding situation particularly with the removable panel....555

Armed civilian guards......(god forbid)......armed police (not much better)....armed soldiers.....(the safer option?).

There are four illegal bars adjoining  the camp so it will be interesting to see how things develop there!!!!

1 minute ago, Surelynot said:

Yes....I am interested to see the guarding situation particularly with the removable panel....555

Armed civilian guards......(god forbid)......armed police (not much better)....armed soldiers.....(the safer option?).

There are four illegal bars adjoining  the camp so it will be interesting to see how things develop there!!!!

Interesting times ahead for you me thinks.

• Haha 1