Thailand reports 2,804 new COVID-19, 18 deaths

Jonathan Fairfield

7 hours ago, mommysboy said:

You can only relax when the numbers are close to zero, as with China for instance. 

I, too, believe the reporting of the country whose incessant lies and known lack of transparency got the world into this catastrophic mess. 

In fact, I trust everything out of China ????????????

5 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

My vaccination appointment at Samitivej Sukhumvit Hosptial tomorrow was abruptly postponed indefinitely this morning on the grounds that they don't have the supply of vaccines from the government.  It turns out that all of the private hospitals in Bangkok have been sending similar messages to patients.  Most have cancelled all appointments from 14 to 20 June and say don't call us, we'll send you an SMS.

It is very sad that the big vaccine roll out has already collapsed less then week after it began with great PR fanfare.  The government obviously knew it only had enough vaccines for a few days at the time. 

I was booked through Mor Prom as an over 60 and find it particularly galling that many younger people including 20 somethings with no underlying conditions have used connections to jump the queue to get AZ doses last week.  This has even happened at Samitivej.  So the private hospitals have also joined in the corruption.  Now I can no longer get into Mor Prom which was still showing my appointment until yesterday.  It just flickers for a bit and closes. 

At this point it is unknown whether the local AZ licensee has merely suffered a temporary production shortfall and will soon catch up or whether it is permanently unable to meet its commitments which would likely derail the government vaccination roll out completely, as well as cause ongoing problems for countries such as the Philippines, Malaysia, Taiwan and Indonesia that have place orders with AZ that were to be supplied from Thailand.  Let's hope it is the former. 

The Russian product is apparently not too popular with the Russian people so possibly there will be some surplus available there. 

Eh.?......What.? 

Well it was just a thought. 

• Haha 1

Taiwan accuses Thailand of prioritising its own access to the AstraZeneca vaccine amid delays

A massive 79.47% of the Thai public want to see their local authorities handle the distribution of vaccines as significant majorities have no confidence in the government and believe that the vaccination campaign is being influenced by politics.

Thai authorities, over the weekend, rejected a Taiwanese suggestion that it was prioritising the delivery of vaccines for the kingdom’s own vaccination campaign as polls suggested the public has little faith in the government’s handling of the efforts.

Over the weekend, government spokesperson, Trisulee Traisanakul, responded on Twitter to a claim made by Taiwanese President Tsai Ing-wen on Friday that Thailand was prioritising access to AstraZeneca deliveries for its own use.

A government spokesperson has denied a claim made on Friday by the President of Taiwan that Thailand was holding back vaccine supplies to the island state which has recently suffered its first serious outbreak of Covid-19.

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2021/06/13/taiwan-slams-thailand-on-astrazeneca-delay/

Foreigners in #Thailand waiting to get a vaccination appointment on the http://thailandintervac.com website. Some expats, who were excited to get a date, were only disappointed later to get a message to say it was cancelled #COVID19 #โควิด19 #โควิดวันนี้

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1404094925113761797

• Haha 1

Thailand reports 3,355 new COVID-19 cases, 17 new deaths

COVID14.jpg
People wait to receive the first dose of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine against the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) as Thailand start a mass inoculation at a gymnasium inside the Siam paragon Shopping center, Bangkok, Thailand June 7, 2021. REUTERS/Soe Zeya Tun

Thailand on Monday (June 14) reported 3,355 new COVID-19 cases and 17 additional deaths.

Full story: https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1220404-thailand-reports-3355-new-covid-19-cases-17-new-deaths/

//CLOSED//

/Admin