Thailand reports 3,355 new COVID-19 cases, 17 new deaths

webfact

5 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

It's only going to continue to worsen unless there is a proper and total lockdown of the affected areas for a longer period of time until the majority are vaccinated.

I don't see any social distancing being practiced anywhere here in Chonburi; at open air wet markets especially people show almost total disregard for any COVID-19 preventative measures. 

It seems the locals think its all back to normal, recipe for disaster.

13 arrested for breaching COVID rules after attending birthday party in Pattaya

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1220411-13-arrested-for-breaching-covid-rules-after-attending-birthday-party-in-pattaya/?fbclid=IwAR0ADb3K_dDRrY8GFxWehRWqCmPulpN9Y2QNG60Q8mueE3wbRR1uEGnf_M0

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Unfortunately, the increased number of hospital walk-in cases is pointing towards an increase in overall cases over the next few days. 

at least they arn't getting turned away like the 1st and 2nd waves

Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul is giving an interview on MCot saying there should be no vaccine shortages. 500,000 more vaccines will go to BMA this week, he said. #whatshappeninginThailand

·https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1404248596183097345

Anutin adds that the shortages come from administration that didn’t plan accordingly. MOPH told BMA the number of vaccines they would receive for the month of June, they must plan to administer correctly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I don't see any social distancing being practiced anywhere here in Chonburi; at open air wet markets especially people show almost total disregard for any COVID-19 preventative measures. 

So you think it is higher now than the last 2 weeks of April.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=th&u=http://www.chonburi.go.th/website/project/view37&prev=search&pto=aue

Edited by sandyf
  • Like 1

With all of the controls in place, why are these numbers still hovering around 2000? They should just accept it and open the restaurants and bars with strick mask control, seating arrangements and cleaning.  Alcohol can be served with strict limits.

These numbers will not go down until there is massive ramp up of vaccinations for the BKK and other provinces.

Learn from Europe and USA.  We screwed up, but are now ready to return to normal.  Whatever normal is these days.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Deaths. 9-10 June: 78, average 39 p/d. 11-12 June: 56, average 28 p/d. 13-14 June 35, average 17/18 p/d. It's a miracle. More than a 50% reduction in 6 days. Average deaths per day for the last month is 30. Still close to an overall 50% reduction in 2 days. How is this possible? If they were using something new to achieve this we would all be hearing about it and to that there is no doubt.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Lower deaths again today which can only be good news but is this due to its new deaths from covid policy?

If so then its under counting much like its under counting of road deaths where they only classify a death on the scene and not if they die in hospital later due to the injury.

COVID19 UPDATE on MONDAY: 17 deaths and 3,355 cases (784 from prisons). Full details at 12:30pm  

9 June: 2,680 - 35 dead

10 June: 2,310 - 43 dead

11 June: 2,290 - 27 dead

12 June: 3,277 - 29 dead

13 June: 2,804 - 18 dead

14 June: 3,355 - 17 dead <— TODAY

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1404242990873210881

And due to the new variants as the natural cycle of viruses become less dangerous, I confirm this is good news

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

The all important death rate continues to decline thank Buddha.

Despite all the Negative Nancys and Doomsday Debbie's posting here everyday I am getting more optimistic that the Thais yet again have pulled off a near miracle with the handling of this British variant wave than killed hundreds of thousands of people in other countries. 

We are not out of the woods yet, but the exponential growth that we saw in Europe and especially England hasn't occurred and looking like it won't.

I would like to thank the Thais for keeping us alive and would also like to take a moment to remember the over 2,000 Thais that sadly died from covid in Europe and the USA that were not so lucky.

RIP

I think we are in for a period of somewhat higher daily case numbers. 

Just now, Danderman123 said:

Why do you think that ? Just wondering as your previous posts have had tendency to downplay the testing regime here.  So do you think it is a case that there will be more accurate reporting that will allow actual cases numbers to be notified as a continuing upward trend or do you think it is because that although the testing numbers are hardly increasing, the transmissibility due to say the delta variant is starting to have an effect ? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I hope you are wrong and it is the death count that is all important.

I don't think any of us one month ago would have predicted so a low death number.

• Like 2

The Society for Online News Providers (SONP) has launched a new campaign called “Save Thai 2021”, aiming to use online news channels to provide complete, accurate and reliable information to the public during the COVID-19 pandemic.

The SONP said the initiative will strive to minimize public confusion and misunderstanding and will help Thais overcome this crisis together, with reliable information and content beneficial to the public. Under the campaign, members of the SONP will set up a special page for all COVID-19 related news on their platforms.

The page will contain the latest news and updates relating to COVID-19 from all sources, including daily updates on infections in Thailand and ASEAN, as well as inoculation rates, recovery rates and death tolls, and news and updates produced by a joint editorial group, comprising editors from members of the SONP.

May be an image of text that says "SIEN NBT WORLD 8 NEWS SOCIETY ONLINE PROVIDERS SONP ผนึกกำลังข่าวออนไลน์ สู้ภัยโควิด Save Thai 2021 S Online News Providers L”unch Campaign for Reliable Information on COVID-19"

https://www.facebook.com/nbtworld/posts/10158078888262050

52 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yet more cancellations.

Bangkok postpones Covid jabs for registrants via Thai Ruam Jai

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) on Monday postponed Covid-19 vaccination for people who have registered via Thai Ruam Jai website from June 15.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40001999

But Anutin said they can not postpone, oh bother..who to believe.

• Haha 1