Thailand reports 2,804 new COVID-19, 18 deaths

Jonathan Fairfield

The suspended Mor Phrom (Doctors Ready) COVID-19 vaccine registration application will be back online from June 24, after the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) has made improvements to the system.

Deputy Government Spokeswoman Ratchada Thanadirek said people will be able to use the Mor Phrom app for vaccine reservation again or can still register with hospitals or the district health office in their area, either in person or via the online channels provided…
See more

National Vaccination Rollout:

DAY 1: 416,847 doses

DAY 2: 472,128 doses

DAY 3: 336,674 doses

DAY 4: 223,315 doses

DAY 5: 308,012 doses

DAY 6: 108,204 doses

TOTAL: 1,980,721

12th June:

1st Dose: 66,037

2nd Dose: 42,167

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1403954967908552709

Continues to fall.

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marvin Hagler said:

If they tested the same as other countries then they would find the same number of cases as other countries. Don’t test, don’t find.

Does limited testing stop people from dying from the virus? If things were as dramatic as some predicted it would be, the number of deaths would be higher. It's pretty hard hiding large numbers of people dying...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What I would be interested in the numbers, how many of the infected/dead had 1/2 Injections already!

I know at the moment the vaccination rate is still very low.. but as this become higher this number would be more and more interesting for seeing of how good the vaccine helps...

Is there any chart available with the running total of Prison Inmates that are Infected.

I ask the question because I see Hundreds of new infections posted daily for the prisons, and I am wondering just how many are banged up in the 20 or so infected Prisons, as the 100 % Infection rate within those Prisons must be fairly close now.

Or, have Porkies been told on the number of Infected prisons.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, smedly said:

indeed, it is very obviously limited targetted testing hence the consistent reported numbers, the UK with similar population were testing 1 million daily

Those high levels of testing is exactly why they have so effective in planning and executing their vaccination strategy.

As for Thailand.....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Of the 85 known clusters in Bangkok, 62 have reported cases in the past 14 days including 20 in worker camps, 14 around markets and shopping centres, 14 at businesses and factories, 12 in residential areas, one at care homes and one at an embassy.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1403958712583131143

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marvin Hagler said:

If they tested the same as other countries then they would find the same number of cases as other countries. Don’t test, don’t find.

Oh, ok, seems to be working well with less than 2,000 dead.

And all those tests have killed 125,000+ in the UK.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

5 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Is there any chart available with the running total of Prison Inmates that are Infected.

I ask the question because I see Hundreds of new infections posted daily for the prisons, and I am wondering just how many are banged up in the 20 or so infected Prisons, as the 100 % Infection rate within those Prisons must be fairly close now.

Or, have Porkies been told on the number of Infected prisons.

Unfortunately, no daily chart available of infected prisoners and of their current location, i.e. prisons/hospital/field hospitals.

If I recall, we do get a breakdown every few weeks or so.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, HampiK said:

What I would be interested in the numbers, how many of the infected/dead had 1/2 Injections already!

I know at the moment the vaccination rate is still very low.. but as this become higher this number would be more and more interesting for seeing of how good the vaccine helps...

it actually depends on the variant and the vaccine and how many doses - very fluid right now and hard to pin down - the UK and US are studying stuff like this with some urgency (others also)

• Like 2

Thailand’s Public Health Ministry has issued a brief statement saying the distribution of the vaccines, including in Bangkok, is done as instructed by the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA).

https://twitter.com/ThaiPBSWorld/status/1403964428203163650

The number of foreign tourists preparing to visit Thailand in July shrank by more than 50 per cent after the Centre for Economic Situation Administration (CESA) decided to hike the minimum stay requirements for the "Phuket Sandbox" starting July 1

Under the sandbox scheme announced earlier, fully vaccinated foreigners were exempted from quarantine, but had to spend seven days in Phuket before they could visit other provinces. However, the CESA doubled the minimum period of stay on Phuket Island to 14 days.

Minister of Tourism and Sports Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn revealed that over 50 per cent of 29,700 foreigners who had confirmed they would come to Phuket had cancelled their plans after the CESA revised its condition. However, the ministry would ask for a month to evaluate the outcome of the practice, both in terms of infections and the impact on local tourism.

If after a month's trial there were no infections, the ministry would suggest lowering the minimum stay requirement to seven days in Phuket and then extend it to other provinces.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40001966

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Thailand’s Public Health Ministry has issued a brief statement saying the distribution of the vaccines, including in Bangkok, is done as instructed by the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA).

https://twitter.com/ThaiPBSWorld/status/1403964428203163650

Is that Anutin washing his hands of any responsibility......................again

• Like 1

Thai government urged to tell truth about vaccine supply levels to meet appointments

The Rural Doctors Society is demanding that the government, and the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), tell the truth about the availability of COVID-19 vaccines and whether there are enough to meet current vaccination appointments.

In a statement, issued on Saturday, the network of doctors working in Thailand’s rural hospitals, predicts chaos this week, when more vaccination appointments are expected to be postponed and many people will be disappointed.

The statement, posted on their official Facebook page, provided details of the mass vaccination operation, which began on June 7th. 416,847 doses administered on June 7th, 472,128 doses on June 8th, 336,674 doses on June 9th, 223,315 doses on June 10th and 308,012 doses on June 11th.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-government-urged-to-tell-truth-about-vaccine-supply-levels-to-meet-appointments/

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

Oh, ok, seems to be working well with less than 2,000 dead.

And all those tests have killed 125,000+ in the UK.

The UK vaccination program (and the US vaccination program) will save hundreds of thousands of lives...it was only possible to execute those vaccinationprograms because of the extent of the testing showing the true picture of the outbreak.

Right now Thailand is essentially at the start of their outbreak while the UK and US are arguably approaching the end of theirs.

Lets assess how the 2 countries (UK and Thailand) have fared 6 months from now both in terms of deaths and economically. I would bet my life that Thailand comes out of it a whole lot worse then the UK or the US and much of that can be blamed on lack of testing and therefore lack of understanding of the extent of the outbreak.

One of us will be right...only time will tell. Let’s see.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Marvin Hagler said:

The UK vaccination program (and the US vaccination program) will save hundreds of thousands of lives...it was only possible to execute those vaccinationprograms because of the extent of the testing showing the true picture of the outbreak.

Right now Thailand is essentially at the start of their outbreak while the UK and US are arguably approaching the end of theirs.

Lets assess how the 2 countries (UK and Thailand) have fared 6 months from now both in terms of deaths and economically. I would bet my life that Thailand comes out of it a whole lot worse then the UK or the US and much of that can be blamed on lack of testing and therefore lack of understanding of the extent of the outbreak.

One of us will be right...only time will tell. Let’s see.

I am basing it on real figures.

You are just basing it on your misguided sense of superiority.

125,000 verses 1800 now. Six months you think? Delusional.

The sad thing about your attitude is it sounds like you would actually be pleased if an extra 120,000 Thais died of this UK variant just so you could be "proved right". 

• Thanks 2

Further adverse comments from ThaiEnquirer directed at the Government.

Opinion: Foreigners not welcomed

In a day and age where the world is living in a more homogenized society, where people are now called ‘global citizens,’ my country is leading the way in trying to create segregation.

Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul has many times blamed ‘foreigners’ for spreading the Covid-19 virus but this time around it was his own Bhumjai Thai party that has been the root cause of the 3rd wave of the virus.

Anutin, despite his sharp tongue about foreigners spreading the virus, was dead quiet when it came to the spreading of the virus by his own minister and staff.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/28491/opinion-foreigners-not-welcomed/

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, mjnaus said:

Does limited testing stop people from dying from the virus? If things were as dramatic as some predicted it would be, the number of deaths would be higher. It's pretty hard hiding large numbers of people dying...

This has been addressed already in a previous post...keep up.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

I am basing it on real figures.

You are just basing it on your misguided sense of superiority.

125,000 verses 1800 now. Six months you think? Delusional.

The sad thing about your attitude is it sounds like you would actually be pleased if an extra 120,000 Thais died of this UK variant just so you could be "proved right". 

As I said, let’s see. The truth will out.

Go easy on those roids fella. And wish the motocy drivers all the best from me next time you are drinking seesip degree with them at the corner shack.

• Sad 2