Thai government urged to tell truth about vaccine supply levels to meet appointments

webfact

1 minute ago, A Los for words said:

I'm not being funny but have you ever been to 7-11 and found they had no Mentos or Hong Thong? Let 7-11 run the vaccination programme. They would do a far better job at distribution....assuming of course there are vaccines available to distribute. At least then the government would have someone to blame instead of navel gazing and holding up a wet finger.

Not sure about that, they can't keep the dogs out of the shop or blocking the door!

• Like 1

I think the regime was hoping for, or planning on, a miracle.

Hence all the confusing messages. 

That it appears as though they stole from Peter to hit the 7 June target, they probably would have been better off just being honest with the people.

The people can handle the truth, it's just that they so rarely hear it from anyone in power here.

Treating the populace like they treat their children in school is such an odd way to rule in the modern age.

So now it's probably time to clamp down on free speech, and throw a few pesky Dcotos in jail for computer crimes, sedition and the crime which cannot be mentioned.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clivebaxter said:

They have told the truth, they said there is enough vaccine for everyone, they just did not add, for the first few days only ????

They only forgot 1 word, after everyone "IMPORTANT " the rest of us do not matter. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, shackleton said:

I am surprised that people are surprised by this news 

Not shocked as was expecting  it to happen 

I would imagine that there's very few who are surprised by this, if you have 1 functioning brain cell this has been obvious for weeks. 

Without pretending to know the real reason, let's assume that some quality control issues are showing up as Siam Bioscience starts their assembly line. If that were the case we wouldn't want them to press ahead and distribute a substandard product, but telling the whole truth would probably scare people. So it would make sense to take all the time needed to fix the problem, while not going into too much detail about the reason. I hope that's what they are doing. But it would also help to open up the country to imported sources of supply. 

• Sad 1

What they should have done was purchase vaccines first , like when they had the shrimp market breakout Then announce a vaccination registration AFTER you get the vaccines. Telling people to register when you dont have enough  vaccines never made any sense. Buying a million here and there just isn't working

1 hour ago, Dialemco said:

The truth is there is a world shortage of vaccines. Owing low infection rates last year it was not realised the importance of the vaccines being the only way out of the Pandemic and reluctance to pay huge cost but the Government is now ordering as many vaccines that become available but has to join the waiting list.  

Really???   This government was so idiotic to believe, against all available advice and common sense that it would not need vaccine??  Don't be silly. The only other solution would be endless isolation from the rest of the world lol.  It is simply very poor planning and over-bureaucratisation.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Tell the truth,???????????? Thats just laughable, the clowns running this place have absolutely no idea how to tell the truth.

They are trying but so far have been unable to find anyone with experience of truth telling , a committee wil develop a plan and a hub will be mooted in due course.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

An honest statement  from Chiang Mai Ram Hospital:

since the factory producing AstraZeneca is not able to provide a timely delivery until the 14th June 2564
therefore the inoculation in the 2nd week between 14-20 June 2564 will be performed only for persons who are prepared to receive the Sinovac vaccine.

Exactly the same has happened at out

our local hospital further North.

Due for the AstraZeneca this Thursday now it’s Sinovac.

No thanks.

31 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I think the regime was hoping for, or planning on, a miracle.

You are closer to the truth than you probably realise with that comment but not in the way you intended it.

They were trying to continue the mythos of the philanthropic miracle worker. 

They still don't understand that the internet and social media has destroyed all that nonsense. Cat is out of the bag now. 

People don't live in wooden shacks on stilts in the middle of rice paddies listening to the Angkar for all their information any more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Meanwhile Taiwan, Philippines and other countries are complaining to Astra Zeneca, That instead of delivering the promised orders, Thailand are keeping the locally produced vaccines to themselves. It is well overdue for the government, to tell the truth about the vaccine situation in Thailand. But wait - isn´t asking someone to tell the truth (supposedly instead of lies) in conflict with the defamation laws in Thailand?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, klauskunkel said:

This naivete is adorable.

The Czar will not admit that his government simply does not have what it takes to run a country during a crisis like this. He has filled his cabinet with cronies whose sole purpose is to keep him in power, they are unable to cope with this dilemma.

It is many things, but ' adorable ' it most certainly is not.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wordchild said:

It is worth reading the BP article in full; Anutin was clearly irritated by her posts and she was asked to remove reference to him from her Facebook posts.

Rare to see such a senior Thai doctor openly criticizing the Government in this fashion. 

I have met her because my wife has been a patient at Namarak. (proved to be a benign lump thankfully!)

She is a very impressive lady and her hospital is no ordinary hospital, it is Thailands best equipped Breast Cancer screening and treatment centre. In a faceoff with Anutin I know who I would back.  

3 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

An honest statement  from Chiang Mai Ram Hospital:

since the factory producing AstraZeneca is not able to provide a timely delivery until the 14th June 2564
therefore the inoculation in the 2nd week between 14-20 June 2564 will be performed only for persons who are prepared to receive the Sinovac vaccine.

I think this will be the case in other areas of Thailand, too. I had a vaccine scheduled in Pattaya for June 16 with AZ vaccine.  Yesterday the hospital called and said there was no AZ but I could get Sinovac on the 14, today.  I agreed to that and the appointment is scheduled for 11am.  

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The Rural Doctors Society is demanding that the government, and the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA), tell the truth about the availability of COVID-19 vaccines

Truth is about as available as the promised vaccines. Telling the truth in Thai society would result in losing face which isn't culturally viable so I wish the Rural Doctors chok dee. 

2 hours ago, Dialemco said:

The truth is there is a world shortage of vaccines. Owing low infection rates last year it was not realised the importance of the vaccines being the only way out of the Pandemic and reluctance to pay huge cost but the Government is now ordering as many vaccines that become available but has to join the waiting list.  

You are missing the point, the Government is being asked to tell the truth about supply so proper planning can be made and the public know where they stand

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Travel Dude said:

Is that a reason then to just do the same or accept it? He steals so I steal?

So if you don't accept it what can you do about government should be changed to gangster. world wide . And i never steal do you ?  

Just now, PEE TEE said:

So if you don't accept it what can you do about government should be changed to gangster. world wide . And i never steal do you ?  

Another point is if you live in Thailand as a guest in the country we should have no say how the place is run . So yes accept it and enjoy the fact that you chose the life you wanted