Thai government urged to tell truth about vaccine supply levels to meet appointments

webfact

3 hours ago, PEE TEE said:

Another point is if you live in Thailand as a guest in the country we should have no say how the place is run . So yes accept it and enjoy the fact that you chose the life you wanted  

and just who is a "guest" in this country?? I have been here 15 years, and nothing has happened to make me think I was ever a "guest".

"Technical Difficulties"?

"Gov. Asawin said there might be "technical difficulties" with the supplier that led to shortage.

Aswin said those who have their appointments delayed will be prioritized once the vaccines arrived. Bangkok has received 500K doses from the health ministry, 350K of which are AstraZeneca and 150K are Sinovac. Almost all of them have already been used up, he said."

In the early days when everyone who asked me about leaving Blighty for LOS,"What's it like mate",i would go into detail & explain in detail,now 25yrs later (maddening but no regrets) it's easier to reply "All Thais tell Lies"

For one week I have tried thailandintervac.com about twice daily and have never been able to make an appointment. Now there is the site thailandintervac.com/expatriates, available from 14th June, but there you only get the message that you have to wait. My wife has an appointment for the 15th which has been cancelled.  In think the term to use is the reverse of kcufretsulc.

5 minutes ago, Dick Z said:

For one week I have tried thailandintervac.com about twice daily and have never been able to make an appointment. Now there is the site thailandintervac.com/expatriates, available from 14th June, but there you only get the message that you have to wait. My wife has an appointment for the 15th which has been cancelled.  In think the term to use is the reverse of kcufretsulc.

When and how did it get cancelled? Did she use Thailandintervac website?

2 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

When and how did it get cancelled? Did she use Thailandintervac website?

No, she is Thai and used the Bangkok Ruam Jai or so website, got the cancellation news from this website, not a personal call. I know from other Thais that they went to their appointment and were just sent away.

• Thanks 1

My appointment at Samitivej Sukhumvit through Mor Prom was cancelled yesterday morning by SMS.  Then I got another SMS last night that I nearly didn't see telling me to report to the hospital for vaccination today.  I wasn't sure which SMS was correct but I showed up anyway not knowing what to expect and did get the AZ. 

I think many people have not been so lucky as to get their cancelled appointments reinstated and I have many friends who have been unable to register at all though the rubbish Thailand Intervac app.  The roll out seems totally chaotic.  The next shot is 16 weeks away, assuming vaccine available, which is stretching the AZ first shot protection to the limit.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dialemco said:

The truth is there is a world shortage of vaccines. Owing low infection rates last year it was not realised the importance of the vaccines being the only way out of the Pandemic and reluctance to pay huge cost but the Government is now ordering as many vaccines that become available but has to join the waiting list.  

Siam Bioscience recently made a deal to sell approx. 16 million doses of AZ, while it fails to deliver doses purchased by Thailand as per agreement (June). The US and European nations are offering their surplus supplies to other nations. China has already sent millions of its covid vaccines to Thailand.

There certainly are spot shortages likely to to government incompetence to order well in advance of a vaccination program, but evidence does not point to a "world shortage."

9 hours ago, PEE TEE said:

No government  anywhere in the world tell the truth. Thailand is no exception or worst   

Poor piece of deflection.

You choose to ignore the fact that there are relative degrees of dishonesty.

Check out any of the yearly corruption and transparency indexes , you will find that Thailand does not fare well.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Arkady said:

My appointment at Samitivej Sukhumvit through Mor Prom was cancelled yesterday morning by SMS.  Then I got another SMS last night that I nearly didn't see telling me to report to the hospital for vaccination today.  I wasn't sure which SMS was correct but I showed up anyway not knowing what to expect and did get the AZ. 

I think many people have not been so lucky as to get their cancelled appointments reinstated and I have many friends who have been unable to register at all though the rubbish Thailand Intervac app.  The roll out seems totally chaotic.  The next shot is 16 weeks away, assuming vaccine available, which is stretching the AZ first shot protection to the limit.

4 months in between jabs of AZ really is pushing the limits and protection of the first jab you got 

• Like 1

I'll tell you the truth.

Not only does your vaccine delivery suck, or you can speak the truth because of your face, but all the G7 members will be sending billions of vaccines out.  To third world countries, that doesn't include Thailand.

There's your dose of truth today.  

Thai mother in law is 72 and lives 25 kms north of Kanchanaburi. Went to get her jab this afternoon. Hospital has no supplies of AZ so she got Sinovac.

I have an appointment for next Monday at the same hospital for a shot of AZ...wonder what the odds are on 1. AZ, 2. Sinovac or 3. No Farang?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

Thai mother in law is 72 and lives 25 kms north of Kanchanaburi. Went to get her jab this afternoon. Hospital has no supplies of AZ so she got Sinovac.

I have an appointment for next Monday at the same hospital for a shot of AZ...wonder what the odds are on 1. AZ, 2. Sinovac or 3. No Farang?

Good to hear your MIL got hers.

On 6/14/2021 at 8:57 AM, joebrown said:

7/11 are owned by CP Group who are substantial shareholders in Sinovac.  CP (7/11) might be better at running the vaccination program, but your choice of vaccine would be either Sinovac, Sinovac or Sinovac.

The Thai government is heavily sponsored by CP and would be very reluctant to blame them for any problems that may arise.

My suggestion was tongue in cheek. I was highlighting the amateurish way the current programme is being organised. How about Amway doing it? Who owns them?