Signals point to an early election in Thailand

webfact

19 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Here's the full stop signal ????                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               image.jpeg.c0e23bfbda33bde577c69ffa7041902e.jpeg

Nah. Won't happen. The Thai army does not have the guts for it, and the Thai soldiers, and the families of the soldiers would never tolerate their sons murdering innocent Thais. And the Thai soldiers are not facing the level of desperation the young Burmese are. The poverty here is not as grinding as it is in Burma. I do not think it could be sustained, if the fools started it. Thailand is a very different culture than Burma, on a dozen significant levels. And the youth now, are very different people than they were during past coups, which were violent.

The army is in a difficult position now. If voted out, they would have to accept it. The generals would have to be content with their fortunes. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

First, the Bt3.1-billion budget bill for fiscal 2022passed its first reading with overwhelming support from coalition parties, despite criticism of budget allocations from some Bhumjaithai and Democrat MPs

Top up the trough after 2021 and having to fork-out for vaccines.

4 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

I understand the pushing of large infrastructure projects due to the big "finances" involved.

But if I listen to my family, Thai friends, acquaintances and former work colleagues over the past few months theres not a one who would vote for the current incumbents. 

That didn’t stop them

last time!

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha dismissed rumours on Monday that there would be an early house dissolution. The premier said his government would stay the whole term despite criticisms over his handling of the pandemic.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1404354462144024578

25 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

A coup on the horizon, to keep up with his Burmese "buddies"??

Any future coup will be independent of the current crowd screwing the country. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha dismissed rumours on Monday that there would be an early house dissolution. The premier said his government would stay the whole term despite criticisms over his handling of the pandemic.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1404354462144024578

From my experience, dismissing rumors or denial means exactly this is going to happen...

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Ddbanksy said:

My wife's family (also not farmers) have the same mentality.

But i think the "River Will Return",given the internet,mobile phone,media b.s explosion era already happening across SE Asia,it's coming

I don't think it will happen without great tremendous sacrifice for their freedom and their lives to create a division in the Gov and lower Military ranks to side with them as not all are hi so elite. But I hope that you are right and my kids and my family and me and their friends are wrong. 

6 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Smart move to make this latest consitution "idiot-proof". Twentieth time's a charm.

PM does not have to be a member of parliament. 

Handy isn't it.

Let's 'Idiot proof' the posting. It's spelt CONSTITUTION not CONSITUTION.

5 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

I understand the pushing of large infrastructure projects due to the big "finances" involved.

But if I listen to my family, Thai friends, acquaintances and former work colleagues over the past few months theres not a one who would vote for the current incumbents. 

Doesn't matter at all. Prayut will make himself win any election. Unfortunately ????

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pegman said:

So how many candidates or political parties get disqualified this time?

The number will be directly correlated to the amount of grass-roots support they gather among that demographic demanding a change.
Young, rural, disenfranchise...

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

if that's the case how can they get elected   555

5 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

If held tomorrow a landslide for the opposition.

And then you'll see this ever returning miracle........the winner will be..... Prayut. Same result in all other dictatorships. Latest Belarus eg. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Party leader Prawit Wongsuwan reportedly wants the post to go to Deputy Agriculture and Cooperatives Minister Thammanat Prompow, who is also deputy party leader.

OMG, this is the guy that was jailed in Australia, how they expect this government to have any credibility

https://www.smh.com.au/world/asia/thai-minister-faces-censure-for-lying-over-sydney-jail-time-20200227-p544xr.html

Thai minister faces censure for lying over Sydney jail time

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

I declare Prayut t he  winner.........no need  to waste  time.

pretty much like Russia, China, N.Korea, Myanmar, Bielorussia or like all dictatorships around the world , only one candidate runs and wins, let's move forward and stop wasting people's time and energy

Edited by Mavideol

11 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

Doesn't matter at all. Prayut will make himself win any election. Unfortunately ????

Presumably by invoking the incredibly fashionable 'the vote was rigged' policy, as seen in a number of countries recently with tin pot leaders.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

OMG, this is the guy that was jailed in Australia, how they expect this government to have any credibility

https://www.smh.com.au/world/asia/thai-minister-faces-censure-for-lying-over-sydney-jail-time-20200227-p544xr.html

But it is obvious they are color blind when it comes to his yellow infused snow.

• Haha 1

One really has to wonder what high level diplomat and career political analysts, websites like Stratfor... Make of the political situation here both current and historical.

It's really quite childish. The uniforms are a complete throwback to the 60s and 70s. The entire political mindset seems to exist in suspended animation that has been run through a way-back machine. The whole thing is just such an absolute dinosaur method of managing a nation. Corruption, patronage, etc.

The nation struggles to build washing machines meanwhile Vietnam is in discussion to put into production a vaccination manufacturing plant.

Edited by kynikoi
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, BestB said:

Without saying too much which can not be said, but bIg P made someone look very bad more than once and lost his support. He is out.

But before you lot start to celebrate, wait and see who the replacement players are and rest assured it would not be any of the Shin clan or Future Forward.

Country needs a strong leader, a businessman and someone with extensive experience and then once someone like that found, he needs to have full support and backing from the top.

Women need not apply.

18 minutes ago, biggles45 said:

'theres not a one who would vote for the current incumbents' 

This corrupt government doesnt actually NEED people to vote for them. They are perfectly capable of rigging an election, even without voters. 

Well, Uncle has 250 MP votes even before the game starts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

Seems he is highly qualified, maybe even over-qualified for the current administration.

• Haha 1