Anyone obtained pink ID card recently?

Went along to Chonburi immigration today hoping to apply for pink ID card as i reckon it could be useful in some instances but was informed at entrance desk that immigration did not issue such cards and just to use my passport. Have these ceased to be issued or maybe one amphur different from another?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I will be getting my pink ID card June 23. My GF got her blue house book, had never bothered with it before. I then paid an agent 1700 baht to do all the yellow book and accompanying documentation at the tessaban in Chiang Rai. According to the agent, it takes two weeks to get the card after submitting the paperwork.

• Thanks 1

I can't speak for Chiang Rai but at my local Khet (Don Mueang) it was a case of just moving to another counter after receiving the yellow book. 30 minutes later, I left the building with Yellow book and Pink card.

Both were free.

10 hours ago, Lacessit said:

According to the agent, it takes two weeks to get the card after submitting the paperwork.

That could be the amount of time it will take to have your yellow house book issued that is needed to get the pink ID card.

• Thanks 1

My wife used to be the same but living with me has hardened her up somewhat lol.

1700 baht isn't bad to smooth the path and oil the wheels.

The comment about it being free was just an observation for everyone that's attempting to get the YB and PC. Well done for getting them. I'm sure you'll use them.

I have.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Immigration do not issue the Pink ID card and never have. 

The Pink ID card is issued by your local Amphur Office IF you also have a Yellow Tabien Baan house book. 

IF you do not have a Yellow Tabien Baan house book you will have to go through the process to obtain that (if you will). 

The process to obtain the Yellow Tabien house book has been listed numerous times on ThaiVisa.com.

You should be able to find the information if you run a search. 

Great, thanks for the clarification. I have a blue house book which should also suffice

18 minutes ago, Ecky said:

I have a blue house book which should also suffice

But your name is not registered in it. You can use it to get a yellow house book that you can be registered in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

But your name is not registered in it. You can use it to get a yellow house book that you can be registered in.

Thanks, it's all becoming clearer. The responses have helped me arrive at the conclusion that it's probably not worth the hassle having to go through the process for yellow book followed by ID card for the benefits they would provide ( i already have driving license, bank accounts etc.) My missus has also mentioned that if i sell the property i will have several more hoops to jump through to change the name in the yellow book.

20 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I will be getting my pink ID card June 23. My GF got her blue house book, had never bothered with it before. I then paid an agent 1700 baht to do all the yellow book and accompanying documentation at the tessaban in Chiang Rai. According to the agent, it takes two weeks to get the card after submitting the paperwork.

Took me 15 minutes for the card to be issued at the local Huay Kwang, Bangkok office...already had a blue house reg.

16 minutes ago, Ecky said:

Thanks, it's all becoming clearer. The responses have helped me arrive at the conclusion that it's probably not worth the hassle having to go through the process for yellow book followed by ID card for the benefits they would provide ( i already have driving license, bank accounts etc.) My missus has also mentioned that if i sell the property i will have several more hoops to jump through to change the name in the yellow book.

Minimal hassle. Updating the house reg book is a quite simple process...and takes but a few minutes. My pink card was issued in 15 minutes also. I not experienced any wait time...done on the spot after walking in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jkcjag said:

I have a blue book with my name registered in it.

Do you have permanent residency? That is the only way you can be registered in the blue house book unless you are Thai.

You name may appear on the last page of it as the owner.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Received my pink card on the spot after walking in (Huay Kwang, Bangkok office)...took 15 minutes. Perhaps the regions have to send the application off somewhere???

21 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Thanks for the tip! Never thought about using an agent to obtain my yellow book. My amphur requires a trip to my Consulate in Bangkok. Last time we went my appointment slot required overnight hotel. I also have the wrong type of birth certificate which doesn't list my parents names. I am assuming that for 1,700 baht the agent must be able to persuade your amphur to 'simplify' the application process?

Getting mine tomorrow. I had to wait for two months to get the yellow book with the covid delays. Tomorrow we go to the Amphur office with the village chief and the tiraks mother to attest that I really live here. Then we get the ID card for a few more baht. I just need to keep my mouth shut and let the tirak do her thing.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I did my yellow book for 20  baht in 2012. Very simple. 

15 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

It was not too bad but everything is delayed. They made me translate my passport but that was not too bad. I have trouble every time I deal with the Amphur because I am the only falang in the area.

11 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

Must have been about the same time I got mine ,went to the Amphur with the wife, the official had to get his book out, a weighty tome, to see how a farang can apply for a yellow book ,once he found out it was straight forward .

I have read some horror stores on here about frangs applying for a yellow book ,we were done in 45 minutes ,I think it was 50 baht .

The ID card was the same in out in 20 minutes. .

Note, I went to renew my driving licence ,they have changed the rules ,a farang now need a letter from immigration saying passport and visa are up-to-date ,or an ID card our immigration office would charged  you for certain for a letter ,so I got an ID card ,and it was free ,and knowing  it would also be useful else where. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

Thanks for the tip! Never thought about using an agent to obtain my yellow book. My amphur requires a trip to my Consulate in Bangkok. Last time we went my appointment slot required overnight hotel. I also have the wrong type of birth certificate which doesn't list my parents names. I am assuming that for 1,700 baht the agent must be able to persuade your amphur to 'simplify' the application process?

The agent assembled all the paperwork, and had me signing multiple forms. We then went to the Chiang Rai tessaban where I sat for about 20 minutes while she did her thing with a couple of officials. She then said the pink card would arrive June 23.

"Agent" covers a wide spectrum here. There are a couple of women in the condo who arrange various things for foreigners for a fee. For example, one did the paperwork transferring a golf club membership to me. They seem to have a grapevine that alerts them to when a foreigner needs help with Thai bureaucracy.

• Thanks 1

Things work differently in different places.  Got the yellow house book relatively easily at my local tessabahn.  Tried to get my Pink ID card there several times but no luck.  Finally, this last time they explained I need to get the Pink ID in the amphur.  ????  I remember someone saying you got the yellow book and pink card at the same office, but not in my case.   I guess the Pink ID card is mostly (always) obtained at the amphur, but sometimes you may be able get the yellow book at your tessabahn.  Not really sure, that's just how it worked in my case in Phuket.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ubonjoe said:

Do you have permanent residency? That is the only way you can be registered in the blue house book unless you are Thai.

You name may appear on the last page of it as the owner.

Hi Ubonjoe

I am very grateful for your accurate information that has been very useful to me.

i have a blue book although I am not Thai nor a permanent resident. Could I be the only one?

Cheers and keep up the good work.

5 hours ago, huyuli said:

i have a blue book although I am not Thai nor a permanent resident. Could I be the only one?

You might have a blue book (belongs to your house or condo), but you are not registered as resident in it.

8 hours ago, huyuli said:

Hi Ubonjoe

I am very grateful for your accurate information that has been very useful to me.

Cheers and keep up the good work.

If you own a condo unit it's very likely that you have a blue house registration book.  However, it's very unlikely that your name is written in it as the purpose of the blue book is to show the names of Thai people registered as living in that condo unit.  You can obtain a yellow book from your local tessabahn or amphur that will have your name registered in it as the purpose of a yellow house registration book is to record the names of any foreigners who are registered as living in that place.

14 hours ago, ripstanley said:

My wife got the yellow book for me, the person at the ampur asked my wife for a bribe of 1000Bt in a sort of roundabout way. I just paid it.

• Like 1

The Pink card has restrictions on them so that's why I'm not interested in it. Useful for hill tribe people especially in the provinces that have a border with another country. Your passport will do, and mostly your driver's license as well.