Reinvestigation of Red Bull heir Vorayut “Boss” Yoovidhya’s hit-and-run case continues, Thai anti-corruption spokesperson says today

webfact

11 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

He's been in and out with total impunity since this saga began. It was revealed he had been living here until 2017, for five years after the incident, in plain sight and while there were warrants out for his arrest. A whiff of the Kamnan Poh about him. 

The part I can't reconcile with is the fact that the victim's colleagues in the Police have aided and abetted the perpetrator to remain free. Absolutely no honour or sense of duty to a man. 

Tells you all you need to know about this lot. 

While i in no-way condone what he did or what has happened since, remember one thing.

This is Thailand.

The family of the victim no-doubt received a substantial financial package... in which Thai style means case is closed.

If the family wanted real justice they should have said no to the money and taken the case to the supreme court. 

This is one case i just can not understand.

Why did he run?

As far as i know the policeman's family has been paid off.

If he would have gone to court chances of going to jail would have been nil anyway.

A few days in a temple and show remorse,he would have walked!

Money is no object.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

While i in no-way condone what he did or what has happened since, remember one thing.

This is Thailand.

The family of the victim no-doubt received a substantial financial package... in which Thai style means case is closed.

If the family wanted real justice they should have said no to the money and taken the case to the supreme court. 

The supreme court in Thailand ? your joking right?  

Utter nonsense. Anyone from this toxic and corrupt agency has less credibility than Justin Bieber explaining fusion energy. 

They have never engaged in the fight against corruption, except for the times they have falsely gone after the political enemies of the dinosaur. 

The level of corruption here simply escalates, the further up the food chain you go. They police and army are not expected to be honest, and they are not expected to engage in law enforcement, traffic or public safety, on any level. It is an irrevocably broken and dysfunctional system. Any hyperbole to the contrary, is just a smoke screen, intended to deceive the most naive amongst us. The Anti-Corruption Organization of Thailand (ACT) is one of the most feeble and ineffective of all the tools Prayuth has used to deceive the people into believing that he is fighting corruption.

Total BS. Quite the opposite is true. He is there to protect any active members of the police (local franchisees), immigration, customs, the army, and his own heinous administration. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

He's been in and out with total impunity since this saga began. It was revealed he had been living here until 2017, for five years after the incident, in plain sight and while there were warrants out for his arrest. A whiff of the Kamnan Poh about him. 

The part I can't reconcile with is the fact that the victim's colleagues in the Police have aided and abetted the perpetrator to remain free. Absolutely no honour or sense of duty to a man. 

Tells you all you need to know about this lot. 

฿฿฿ is thicker than honour. Always has been there.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

The department is currently under the process of forming an inquiry committee to continue the investigation against groups of police officers and prosecutors reportedly involved in the case.

Translated.
Much thought must be given to who gets thrown under the bus  and who is painted with Teflon.

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

The family of the victim no-doubt received a substantial financial package...

Under 100,000 THB if my memory serves me, or converted to USD approximately $3200.  Wow!  Substantial financial package it is.

Maybe (more based on hope then reality) They will sacrifice a few generals and catch them for corruption to pull away the media from the Covid faillure. It might be just a distraction to cool some public anger against the government.

Then again it will probably be nothing and nothing will happen. But it might just happen because of the current situation.

This Farce will continue until the Statute of Limitations runs out and then he will return as if nothing ever happened.    Meanwhile; he will continue a life of luxury with no expense spared and his family will continue to be one of the Controlling Elite in this country who nobody dare touch.

• Like 1

have to wonder why they are not charging him with bribery but then again that might show just how corrupt the justice system is in Thailand, easier to say that all those involved did it off their own backs, saves face for everyone

I think I remember someone getting done for paying off an official a while ago.

So why hasn't the family been investigated yet.

An excuse for another well paid committee to get its snout in the trough.

19 hours ago, Excel said:

"The department is currently under the process of forming an inquiry committee" who eagerly look forward to receiving their very own brown envelopes from the Red Bull family in order to reach their conclusion.

They are only in "the process of forming an inquiy comittee", I heard that they are setting up a committee to see if they are going to allow the comittee...

22 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

The mind boggles at just how many committees there must be in operation in Thailand on any one day !

And what happened to the whole new committee and investigation announced by the PM a few months ago? 

Who is stopping/blocking that committee/investigation from making any progress? Just who is able to override the directions of the pm?

And if someone is blocking that recent committee/investigation then where's some announcement if the pm/gov't want the Thai people to see that justice is equal for all?

On 6/15/2021 at 4:29 AM, Fex Bluse said:

Such a fun people. They'll be "investigating" this for centuries ????

Nah.

Approx 2000 more days till the statute of limitation kicks in, they will give up this charade then.

• Thanks 1

On 6/14/2021 at 11:05 PM, webfact said:

The spokesperson also stated that the NACC Board has been reviewing the results of the investigation and found some grounds to continue the legal procedures.

No kidding? 

It's not going anywhere, Thailands beaurocrats are to corrupt to manage an honest investigation into the' spoilt brats' actions, even the police were thoroughly corrupt in investigating the case,you would think that this would be one case that they have a bi-partisan approach to, however they just lined up with there hands out for Lagasse they were offered. SHAME,Shame on you and you know who you are.

21 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

???????????? They surely DO love their laughably named committees...

It is like those countries with 'Democratic' in their names.... shining a light on the absence of it!