Russia’s Sputnik V vaccine not yet approved in Thailand due to lack of data

snoop1130

2 hours ago, Namtak said:

Actually it is twenty percent. Our world in data is a better reference. 

"Share of people who received at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine", yes. one dose, if you switch data to "Share of the population fully vaccinated against COVID-19" it will be 12,6%. 

And as a Russian I can clarify what is going on:
- There are not enough doses of Sputnik V available (the other two vaccines are actually <deleted>, one with around 50% efficacy, and another without any pieces of evidence of efficacy). By April 2021 only 33 mln doses are produced (you can vaccinate only 16mln with it) . And not forget about export to other countries. So even if you want to vaccinate, you actually can't. In my home town, there is 2 months waiting line for Sputnik V

- There is no trust in Sputnik V from most of the population. I can agree that people who are actually more educated and smarter going to vaccination (like engineers that you are working with). But most people do not trust local vaccines and government is here to blame. They constantly bashing foreign vaccines in mass media. You can see it in the everyday daily news, like "Someone dies again after a dose of Moderna/AZ/Pfizer". And Russians asking themselves: "if foreign vaccines from developed countries are that bad, what can we expect from our vaccines?".

- There was a poll in many countries about vaccination, and as I remember Russia has the highest number of people who don't want to vaccinate against COVID-19. 

Personally, I would prefer Sputnik V over Chinese vaccines or AZ, but not over mRNA ones. And Russia is not allowing any foreign COVID-19 vaccines for now.

• Like 2

On 6/16/2021 at 5:31 PM, Excel said:

"vital data missing".   I interpret that as being "unable to locate the brown envelope containing the necessary pieces of paper to allow approval."

And if the Thai govt had accepted it doubtless you'd be claiming it was due to those same brown envelopes. Given the lack of supporting data offered by the Russian, that accusation would have made more sense. Stop with the reflexive accusations of corruption, already. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Namtak said:

Actually it is twenty percent. Our world in data is a better reference. 

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

Again, I work directly with many Russian people and none of them are hesitant to get the jab. Neither are there families. 

Cities and urban areas do not mean that they are not remotely located or lacking in the required infrastructure to administer the vaccines. 

You can believe what you like. 

The Kremlin disagrees with you:

"The Kremlin said last month that Russia's relatively low rate of vaccination so far is linked to demand and it expects this to accelerate "over time."
As of May 10, the number of officially registered coronavirus vases in Russia was 4,888,727, including 113,647 deaths."

https://www.rferl.org/a/putin-covid-urges-russians-vaccinated-situation-stabilizes/31247821.html

4 hours ago, placeholder said:

And if the Thai govt had accepted it doubtless you'd be claiming it was due to those same brown envelopes. Given the lack of supporting data offered by the Russian, that accusation would have made more sense. Stop with the reflexive accusations of corruption, already. 

Who cares. Russian jab will be approved one way or another.  Russians are on a second place as most valuable tourists for thai economy. Thai goverment wont play with it. As i mentioned before thai goverment would approve saline as a russian jab. Anything to keep them buyin those tours. Egypt is open, turkey is open. Cyprus is open. Many places to go now. 

U can bash sputnik all day long. It wont change anything.

5 hours ago, clearance said:

And as a Russian I can clarify what is going on:

It is just your private opinion  and far from the ultimate truth.

here are not enough doses of Sputnik V available

This is <deleted>. A lot of places to take the vaccine jab including shopping malls.

There is no trust in Sputnik V from most of the population

Do you have a reference to a social poll? or it is your guess?

Edited by Dmitry2222
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

And Russians asking themselves: "if foreign vaccines from developed countries are that bad, what can we expect from our vaccines?".

Fully vaccinated people in the Japan account about 17% (AZ, Pfizer and Moderna) it is not so far from the Russian results. Are Japan people also affected by Russian propaganda? The actual reason does not in the trusting.

Edited by Dmitry2222
  • Thanks 1

Of course the Chinese bat juice was  fully reviewed prior to being welcomed with open arms into Thailand as the vaccine to cure the world's pandemic, amazing what a brown paper bag full of goodies can do. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dmitry2222 said:

How's this?

CORONAVIRUS AND VACCINATION

"62% of respondents are not ready to be vaccinated with the RussianSputnik V vaccine. This figure remains unchanged since February 2021, but the number of vaccine supporters has declined slightly over the year. A quarter of respondents (26%) are willing to vaccinate, slightly less than in February (30%), with 10% of respondents saying they have already vaccinated."

image.png.ad9d178ab379a256db5e801d1b0c31d8.png

https://www.levada.ru/en/2021/05/19/coronavirus-and-vaccination/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dmitry2222 said:

It is just your private opinion  and far from the ultimate truth.

Ok, uncover the ultimate truth for us then, please.

This is <deleted>. A lot of places to take the vaccine jab including shopping malls.

Yes, in big cities may be. Try to find it in small ones.

https://www.rbc.ru/society/19/04/2021/607d4d039a7947ad49636bdf

https://www.reuters.com/article/orutp-health-health-coronavirus-russia-v-idRUKBN2CV0XJ-ORUTP

There are not enough doses. And as you maybe now a lot of people is forced to vaccinate now

There is a case when nurse injected water instead of vaccine because they run out of 2nd component of Sputnik V:

https://tass.ru/obschestvo/11858845

Fully vaccinated people in the Japan account about 17% (AZ, Pfizer and Moderna) it is not so far from the Russian results. Are Japan people also affected by Russian propaganda? The actual reason does not in the trusting.

https://apnews.com/article/japan-coronavirus-vaccine-coronavirus-pandemic-sports-business-04eaae220abeff6cb30ee4f0e0fc58f8

I hope you understand that Japan is not producing vaccines (for now) and they rely on outside suppliers.
Russia on the other hand produces vaccines and not allowing foreign vaccines (for now).

placeholder linked it already: https://www.levada.ru/en/2021/05/19/coronavirus-and-vaccination/

also you can check this links: https://www.interfax.ru/russia/753562

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/this-is-the-most-anti-vaxxer-country-in-the-world-2019-06-19

Edited by clearance
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, placeholder said:

62% of respondents are not ready to be vaccinated with the RussianSputnik V vaccine.

ok, but 25% which ready to be vaccinated still have not been do it since February 2021 ????. At the same time in june and may it was possible to get a jab in the same day without queues (I seen it myself). 

12 hours ago, clearance said:

Try to find it in small ones.

ok, if you are ready to be vaccinated why not do it in a store while weekend shopping? Many people go to shopping centers from the hinterland. There is not a problem to get a jab if you really need it.

12 hours ago, clearance said:

https://apnews.com/article/japan-coronavirus-vaccine-coronavirus-pandemic-sports-business-04eaae220abeff6cb30ee4f0e0fc58f8

I hope you understand that Japan is not producing vaccines (for now) and they rely on outside suppliers.
Russia on the other hand produces vaccines and not allowing foreign vaccines (for now).

Perhaps it is better to read the acrticle first ????

> health ministry data show that about 7 million doses are currently sitting unused in freezers, despite initial concerns of supply shortages.

> Japan’s mistrust of vaccines is decades old, partly because side effects have often been played up.

Also they have ability to donate vaccine jabs: https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2135947/japan-to-donate-astrazeneca-vaccines-to-thailand

12 hours ago, placeholder said:

I think we've both successfully called Dmitry's bluff.

good joke

According to the recently published study, Sputnik V is highly effective against Delta variant.
https://www.mdpi.com/2076-393X/9/7/779
This is a good reason for Thailand to overcome political resistance and approve Sputnik V.
Another good reason is that Thailand can produce the vaccine locally. No need to go overseas in order to beg a package every month.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, friendofthai said:

According to the recently published study, Sputnik V is highly effective against Delta variant.
https://www.mdpi.com/2076-393X/9/7/779
This is a good reason for Thailand to overcome political resistance and approve Sputnik V.
Another good reason is that Thailand can produce the vaccine locally. No need to go overseas in order to beg a package every month.

I imagine they have to get permission first from Winnie.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

I imagine they have to get permission first from Winnie.

The most significant problem with Sputnik V approval is the need of passing through a severe political crisis created by pro-US politicians inside and outside the country. We have seen it in Slovakia already where a lot of politicians have lost their jobs because of Sputnik V. So any country will think twice before making that step.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, friendofthai said:

The most significant problem with Sputnik V approval is the need of passing through a severe political crisis created by pro-US politicians inside and outside the country. We have seen it in Slovakia already where a lot of politicians have lost their jobs because of Sputnik V. So any country will think twice before making that step.

It's not so much pro-American politicians as it is anti-Russian ones. Don't think that the czechs have forgotten whose boot was on their neck for most of the 2nd half of the 20th century.

That said, it does look like the Sputnik vaccine is a good one. But until the Russians adopt international standards on opening up data, they're going to keep on shooting themselves in the foot. The same reflexive secrecy that afflicts the Chinese. Although the Chinese voccines don't seem to be nearly as good.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, placeholder said:

But until the Russians adopt international standards on opening up data, they're going to keep on shooting themselves in the foot.

I think not so many people were banned in Google. Everyone can enjoy "new cases"/deaths statistics by just typing "COVID name_of_any_country".
Why do so many countries want to buy vaccines? They want to open Google, type the name of their country and see that there are no new COVID cases and there are no deaths. So they can easily see the data from other countries and choose the best vaccine.
"The tale of data not opened" was good at the beginning of this year. But now it is a forgotten history already that is used mainly by propaganda warriors.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, friendofthai said:

I think not so many people were banned in Google. Everyone can enjoy "new cases"/deaths statistics by just typing "COVID name_of_any_country".
Why do so many countries want to buy vaccines? They want to open Google, type the name of their country and see that there are no new COVID cases and there are no deaths. So they can easily see the data from other countries and choose the best vaccine.
"The tale of data not opened" was good at the beginning of this year. But now it is a forgotten history already that is used mainly by propaganda warriors.

If that was the only data that mattered, you might have a point. This is about research data.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

If that was the only data that mattered, you might have a point. This is about research data.

Research data must serve research purposes. Can you see any research value here? Sputnik V is just one of hundreds of other vaccines made with the old known adenovirus technology. I am sure that such research data would add almost nothing to the knowledge of the adenovirus technology.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, friendofthai said:

Research data must serve research purposes. Can you see any research value here? Sputnik V is just one of hundreds of other vaccines made with the old known adenovirus technology. I am sure that such research data would add almost nothing to the knowledge of the adenovirus technology.

Adenovirus vector technology is not so old. In fact, until these vaccines were created, it had never been been approved for use on humans.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, placeholder said:

The same reflexive secrecy that afflicts the Chinese. Although the Chinese voccines don't seem to be nearly as good.

The Chinese vaccines reflects their typical approach to everything. Any new thing that appear on the earth require time for painful trials. We know that cars and aircrafts were unsafe in the beginning of its era. Millions of people lives were paid to make them safe. I am sure that we will know a lot of surprising information about mRNA vaccines a few decades later when the next generation have an opportunity to estimate the price paid to bring this technology to life. Chinese approach is to wait for other countries to pay this huge price and then adopt the ready-to-use and safe technology.
Sometimes this approach may seem inadequate, e.g. in this particular situation with Chinese vaccines made with the oldest technology of inactivated virus. But in the perspective of several centuries such an approach is very effective. China is a very old country which appeared centuries before the US and will continue using its wise approach long after the US.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, friendofthai said:

The Chinese vaccines reflects their typical approach to everything. Any new thing that appear on the earth require time for painful trials. We know that cars and aircrafts were unsafe in the beginning of its era. Millions of people lives were paid to make them safe. I am sure that we will know a lot of surprising information about mRNA vaccines a few decades later when the next generation have an opportunity to estimate the price paid to bring this technology to life. Chinese approach is to wait for other countries to pay this huge price and then adopt the ready-to-use and safe technology.
Sometimes this approach may seem inadequate, e.g. in this particular situation with Chinese vaccines made with the oldest technology of inactivated virus. But in the perspective of several centuries such an approach is very effective. China is a very old country which appeared centuries before the US and will continue using its wise approach long after the US.

This is such utter BS. Right now there are Chinese companies working on creating mRNA vaccines.

Revolutionary mRNA vaccines made by Chinese firms will be ready to hit market by end of year, says industry chief

Made in China jabs using genetic technology could soon be available, while BioNTech’s Chinese partner is seeking approval to use the vaccine on the mainland

The drugs that use messenger RNA to stimulate the immune system reported high efficacy rates following clinical trials

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/politics/article/3128998/revolutionary-mrna-vaccines-made-chinese-firms-will-be-ready

And didn't Fosun just place an order for 100 million doses of mRNA vaccines from Biontech?. So, are they planning to let them age like fine wines  for 20 years until they see what the consequences of vaccination with them are in in the West?

But I guess your explanation of why the Chinese waited to develop cars and airplanes does explain why the Japanese dominated them for most of the first half of the 20th century.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

putin fanboy bots out in force here....

and no, russians are not taking it in significant numbers at all.

questionable vax from evil murderous regime with usual fake political data

dismissed by objective western scientific institutes.......

” approved by 60 (<deleted>hole) countries”.... so what ? hardly a proper recommendation is it ? none of them being advanced democracies ......

• Sad 1

China “wise” ? No. Evil murderous regime holding Chinese people in contempt. Inevitable Fall Soon.

Oldest Continous Advanced Civilization but many times humilated by more competemt Invaders.

No  older than advanced Indo-European culture. invented nothing since gunpowder and paper 700 years ago . stagnated last 500 years. moving forward technologically & economically DESPITE CCP shackles , by emulating western Capitalism last fifty years. No idea about Quality.

Politics , Hierachy, Survival, Fear & Face driving & compelling all.

zero independent democratic institutions. zero human rights. zero meaningful freedoms.

using citizens as robotic docile economic / military “cannon fodder” under “ 1984” absolute control.

militarily useless except human waves & and copied nukes.....cant even properly build & operate aircraft carriers or submarines or anything really, anywhere near western standards.....

for “wise” Chinese look only to Taiwan which CCP cannot STAND as their democratic economic success insults CCP & exposes CCP LIES / Brutality every day.

• Sad 1

On 7/15/2021 at 11:20 PM, friendofthai said:

The "old known adenovirus technology"? Really? Guess what the first adenovirus vector vaccine to be successfully used on humans is? If you guessed Sputnik V, congratulatons! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AnotherFarang8 said:

Talking about democracies after massive removal of most human rights in many western countries in 2020-21 is like asking for a virgin in a brothel.

Yes when I see all those images of people being forced to wear masks I'm put in mind of ...

image.png.022895f10b4d342906d889408ffeb875.png

Even if Sputnik V were approved, there might be a small hitch in actually getting hold of it:

Argentina threatens to cancel deal for Sputnik vaccine as Russia fails to deliver

Argentina’s gamble on Sputnik V vaccine has left it in a “very critical situation” because of Russia’s failure to fulfill delivery commitments, according to an official letter to Moscow leaked on Thursday.

Russia owes Argentina 18.5m doses of its Sputnik V jab, over two-thirds of them vital second-component doses.
Only 12% of Argentinians are fully vaccinated so far, partly due to failed Sputnik deliveries of its second component. 

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2021/jul/22/argentina-sputnik-vaccine-russia-fails-to-deliver