Not using internetional bank transfer to fund my Visa bank account?

On 6/23/2021 at 8:25 AM, Max Brok said:

Bangkok Bank refuse me a bankaccount, I have a yellow tabien baan and pink ID I am Married and my wife have a account at Bangkok Bank. I have now the Krungthai without a problem but the no international source of the transfers

Good suggestions above, or you could also use an agent to remove any obstacles.

Edited by treetops

As said use another Bangkok Bank branch but you will probably need to obtain a letter from your embassy stating your passport number and current address - that seems to be a requirement most places for last few years.

On 6/19/2021 at 8:27 PM, Moonlover said:

@Acharnyour statement is only true if the recipient's bank is one of Wise's partner banks. For all other banks, including my own, Krungsri, @Colabamumbai is correct, they show up as domestic deposits.

Ah. I did not know that. It seems strange, but you know better than I do.

14 hours ago, Acharn said:

Ah. I did not know that. It seems strange, but you know better than I do.

As I understand it, when you receive your transfer (if not Bangkok Bank) you can see which partner bank initially rec'd the funds before transferring it to your bank by viewing the receipt (Wise usually has link in email confirming funds were sent).

You can then contact the Wise partner bank (usually Bangkok Bank or Kasikorn) and ask them for a copy of the "Credit Advice" which will show the source of the funds transferred into your bank was from outside of Thailand.  It most likely will be easiest to obtain if you ask for the copy soon after receipt of the funds.

30 minutes ago, soisanuk said:

As I understand it, when you receive your transfer (if not Bangkok Bank) you can see which partner bank initially rec'd the funds before transferring it to your bank by viewing the receipt (Wise usually has link in email confirming funds were sent).

You can then contact the Wise partner bank (usually Bangkok Bank or Kasikorn) and ask them for a copy of the "Credit Advice" which will show the source of the funds transferred into your bank was from outside of Thailand.  It most likely will be easiest to obtain if you ask for the copy soon after receipt of the funds.

There's no need to go to such lengths. As I've mentioned many times, the transfer confirmation slip, downloadable from the Wise web site is accepted by immigration as proof that the deposit is from abroad. I've been using them ever since the demise of the embassy income letters.

12 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

There's no need to go to such lengths. As I've mentioned many times, the transfer confirmation slip, downloadable from the Wise web site is accepted by immigration as proof that the deposit is from abroad. I've been using them ever since the demise of the embassy income letters.

May I respectfully suggest an edit to that statement?

"There's no need to go to such lengths. As I've mentioned many times, the transfer confirmation slip, downloadable from the Wise web site is accepted by some immigration officers as proof that the deposit is from abroad. I've been using them ever since the demise of the embassy income letters"

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Moonlover said:

It depends on the Immigration Office and or Officer doing the processing. To my knowledge Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration will not accept the Wise receipts - in fact, they will not accept certified bank statements from Bangkok Bank which show the transfers as being International.  They want a letter from the bank listing the international deposits. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, soisanuk said:
8 hours ago, Moonlover said:

3 hours ago, soisanuk said:

It depends on the Immigration Office and or Officer doing the processing. To my knowledge Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration will not accept the Wise receipts - in fact, they will not accept certified bank statements from Bangkok Bank which show the transfers as being International.  They want a letter from the bank listing the international deposits. 

A very sad state of affairs isn't it. Different office, different 'rules', no consistency. I do not know whether there is a definitive guide laying out exactly how this is supposed to be done. If there is, they sure aren't telling us, the customers about it!