Top ten nations for condo ownership in Thailand revealed - Chinese make up over half, Brits in fourth

webfact

33 minutes ago, Ron jeremy said:

That’s why they are looking at the Chinese market, by far the biggest players! Fasted growing middle class in the world. Looking to get their money out of China.

I can concur, Wife  just rented out a  House for 400k baht  a month to Chinese  family, they also want a second  house for a friend at a similar  price and want to buy at up to 170  million baht.

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

So there you go, guys. Buy a condo and the odds are almost a certainty you will have Chinese neighbors. Some people are going to have problems dealing with that.

Doesn't mean the Chinese live there?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The plan is to get up to a million foreigners in spending a trillion baht. They will be able to work, pay less tax and not need a permit, so long as they invest in bonds or property and have qualifications and work for substantial enterprises. 

Well thats a completely new spin on the rumours we have heard thus far.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, peterdarby said:

They don't actually live in the condos, just bought them for investment and as a potential escape if things go pear shaped back home.

Same story in the UK, and probably elsewhere in the world. Chinese and other overseas buyers buying whole floors in new developments in London's property market. Then let out. Wait for price rises and offload. It happens everywhere.

• Like 1

"Pffftttt." 
"Hey, don't Bogart that man, pass it over to me.  Pfffttt."
"Ya, so like I was saying, we'll get a million rich farang, Jin, and Kerk - only the filthy rich ones you see - and they'll fall over themselves to buy over-priced condos and dump their excess money in low-yield Thai bonds for the privilege of being issued a ten-year visa.  Pffttt"
"Phewwwww.  Yeah great plan.  How much should we make them invest."
"How about 1 million USD?"
"Yeahhhhhhh.  We'll be rich rich rich. I bet we can make trillions!!! Pffftttt"

A pipe dream perhaps?  ????

Edited by connda
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fex Bluse said:

It was always obvious. Thailand does not care where the money comes from. 

Like all the other countries really do care  Fex??

Chinese--They are the biggest real estate buyers "World wide" not just Thailand. In fact more funds would have gone into Oz, America, EU  etc then into Thailand-- Last time I was there between the Arabs & the Chinese they had nearly brought out London.

The Buffer the Thai's have is that they can only buy Condo's here not like in Oz etc where they buy up the farms etc as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Dude said:

Thailand has been sold out to China and is rapidly heading, like the other countries around here, towards being little more than a southern province of the overlords in Beijing.

Interesting point. Do you have any examples of where Thailand has been sold out to China?