"Moving Forward to Reopen Thailand": Tourism minister Pipat explains obstacles to PM's 120 day plan

webfact

Using a well known novel by Gabriel Garcia Marqués, Chronicle of a Big Fail foretold... They set the bar too high, but not out of some extremely cautious approach, derived from scientific based analysis, talks with various health experts, but mostly because they will fail, should they dream to open, and, in order to save face, they will cancel reopening plans. 

Again, no disrepect at all, but how they can even dream to have such low numbers, around 20 - 30 per day, in a huge crowded metropolis as Bangkok? 

For me, this is completely unrealistic, unless you impose a harsh lockdown, the same we see, from time to time in Australia (IMHO, other crazy <deleted>, how can you shut down entire cities because of 5 positive tests) 

Or, the other choice, which they used the whole time, don't test. 

• Thanks 1

I am sorry, but I never look for links. You can try to google and post here correct figures.

I have read this here, on the tvf, probably on subforum about covid. Probably as long as  2 months ago.

I tend not not read much on covid on the net or here. And tend not to discuss it. A little depressing, so avoiding it

18 hours ago, NanLaew said:
On 6/19/2021 at 12:37 PM, internationalism said:

Too late, as there should be also 2nd dose (especially for sinovac, which with 1st dose is only 5% effective) and several weeks to get full immunity from it.

Citation for those efficacy and immunity numbers?

Thought not.

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Thought not.

ok, here is 16%

https://www.wsj.com/articles/first-dose-of-chinese-covid-19-vaccine-offers-little-protection-chile-learns-11618775502

and here 3%

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/science/article/3128886/chile-covid-19-vaccination-drive-adds-sinovac-efficacy-data

they are random links, I don't care about that subject.

whatever it is, it's not that much protection from the 1st.

Also not that great from the second.

Edited by internationalism