Cycling Shorts

pattayapete69

You want to go to a bike shop, not a general sporting goods store. 

In Jomtien, I'd recommend Ch.Numchai Thepprasit bike shop.  The owner is a competitive rider and a  really nice guy, speaks excellent English, carries top brand bikes and does excellent work at fair prices. I've never bought shorts from him so I'm not sure what he carries, but If he doesn't have what you want, he'll order it for you.  He has a lot of catalogs, and once I ordered a specific helmet from him.  He aims to please ????

His location: https://goo.gl/maps/nis5WxFu6wW4osqj8

The other option would be to mail-order from one of the big bike shops in Bangkok.

Put some lard on your <deleted>.  You can have padded shorts, or padded buttocks.  The great thing is that a bit of fat will see you through the long rides here padded shorts will see you bonking.  

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, CharlieH said:

I bought mine off Lazada. Worth a browse.

Example : https://s.lazada.co.th/s.3LcoO

Lazada can be a good source at times but my experience with bike accessories are that a lot are chinese knockoffs of poor quality (especially helmets).  Better to buy local where you can see the item for yourself, if possible.  I mean, there is nothing worse than a poorly made pair of bike shorts on a  long ride (ouch!)

13 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Decathlon inside Big C, Pattaya Nua, has a good range of cycling gear. Decathlon also has an online shop.

A friend of mine swears that a peeled banana in the prostate area of his shorts prevents chafing better than any padded saddle.

WIth a well made pair of bike shorts there's no need for anti-chafing in the crotch area.  The need for that kind of stuff went out with old-fashioned bike shorts that used leather chamois. pads. 

And besides, the idea of a banana in your shorts is...well, you know...kind of funny to picture LOL

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

WIth a well made pair of bike shorts there's no need for anti-chafing in the crotch area.  The need for that kind of stuff went out with old-fashioned bike shorts that used leather chamois. pads. 

And besides, the idea of a banana in your shorts is...well, you know...kind of funny to picture LOL

Peeled banana?  That's a recipe for ants.
I guessed that he meant banana peel.

And I'm still not going to try it...