Is there Lazada or what online shopping in Thailand?

HappyFive

6 minutes ago, chilly07 said:

I've had enormous hassle with Customs and couriers on some compression socks I ordered on line where the price tripled when they got to Thailand.

Read similar a few times before, just wasn't sure how widespread it is. 

32 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Read similar a few times before, just wasn't sure how widespread it is. 

Its a DHL/Fedex problem, they are paid extra to collect duty, and they really want that extra so they open everything.

Thai postal service don't give a flying one, if the wrapping is plain, it gets right through.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Its a DHL/Fedex problem, they are paid extra to collect duty, and they really want that extra so they open everything.

That's what I was thinking. I never use them if at all possible ever since DHL (in Australia) tried to hit me up for about 4 times the value of a parcel we never even knew about (surprise sent by an ex sister-in-law). Eventually got the <deleted> without paying a cent after going down the depot and giving them <deleted>. Out of curiosity I called legal aid later to see what the deal is legally as it seemed like a scam to me and was told perfectly legal and I should have paid!

Like and use Lazada a lot, BUT

Their search and sort functions are written by the same software imbeciles that screwed up online 90 day reporting.

They keep bombarding me with "unusual activity" messages that require a "slide" that often malfunctions.

Shopee won't accept a foreign credit card.

AliExpress take more than 2 months.

7 hours ago, bluesmon said:

A warning about Lazada.....

I have been shopping with Lazada for several years, COD is the way I have always paid.

When on the odd occasion, I have needed to return the item (wrong description etc) I have had the refund paid into my Lazada Account Wallet, then used tis to pay for other items... Never been a problem, until this last year.... Lazada informed me , because my account it is in a foreign name, I cannot 'verify' my Wallet, therefor, the money in the wallet is inaccessible.

I applied to have the money refunded to my bank account, after their 'Checking system', this was refused.

So basically, the money is limbo....

This is not a problem. Foreigners or people over 50 can have the wallet transferred to Bank account. Try again on line access. If still an issue you call CS and they send you a link to complete bank transfer

• 2 weeks later...

Did just get my razor with Flash Express, want only to say thanks to BritManToo. My first order with Aliexpress, rest with Lazada and Shoppee, always charging my Debet Card. To much hassel with COD.

T.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2021 at 10:17 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

I use often Lazada in Thailand and I used to buy a lot from Banggood in China - before Covid. In my opinion they are both good.

It is important to understand that Lazada is not one shop. Many many shops use Lazada to show their offers. Some shops are great and others are not so good.

If I buy anything on Lazada I look first at the seller rating. If the seller is new and has no rating then I won't buy anything. If the seller has a rating but a bad rating then I won't buy anything from that seller.

If in doubt, and only few options, then I use the chat function and ask something. If there is no answer then I won't buy from that shop. Fortunately there are many shops who answer fast and competent. Those are the winners. 

Try using the chat function on Lazada. 

On 6/20/2021 at 10:32 AM, CharlieH said:

Used to do regular runs to Makro, now use the app and they bring it to me, only stuff that needs actual "shopping" for is date sensitive stuff.

I have tried to download the app for both Makro and Lazada, there is no function for changing the app to English.

On 6/21/2021 at 8:27 AM, bluesmon said:

A warning about Lazada.....

I have been shopping with Lazada for several years, COD is the way I have always paid.

When on the odd occasion, I have needed to return the item (wrong description etc) I have had the refund paid into my Lazada Account Wallet, then used tis to pay for other items... Never been a problem, until this last year.... Lazada informed me , because my account it is in a foreign name, I cannot 'verify' my Wallet, therefor, the money in the wallet is inaccessible.

I applied to have the money refunded to my bank account, after their 'Checking system', this was refused.

So basically, the money is limbo....

Lazada was great for years, but have sadly gone backwards over the past year, you used to be able to chat to a real person, try doing that now.

On 6/21/2021 at 8:59 AM, davemos said:

I like lazada quick and easy to navigate .I still cant figure out how to change the language in Shoppee ! Its incedibly hard to navigate.

On Lazada food variety, on their website after the first page, you get the name of the food, then the price, but the description is of a different food, been like that for months now for me.

On 6/21/2021 at 8:59 AM, davemos said:

I like lazada quick and easy to navigate .I still cant figure out how to change the language in Shoppee ! Its incedibly hard to navigate.

That's why I wouldn't deal with Shoppee, also heard very bad reports about them. I wish there was another company that was reliable. Lazada were reliable for years, but not any more, although they are always reliable with their deliveries. Kerry etc, always seem to be reliable.

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I have tried to download the app for both Makro and Lazada, there is no function for changing the app to English.

Big difference in "there is no" and "I cant find" 

Makro app.......and below that the Lazada app

SmartSelect_20210714-155111_makro.jpg

SmartSelect_20210714-155333_Lazada.jpg

• Like 1