Is there Lazada or what online shopping in Thailand?

HappyFive

4 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Genuine Sandisk?

Delivery is NOT free, it is INCLUDED in the price.

Genuine, not arrived yet? shop was LazMall, and had 100+ positive reviews.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/sandisk-ultra-shift-usb-30-flash-drive-cz410-64gb-usb30-sdcz410-064g-g46-i1584020013-s4294266075.html

The fridge was already cheaper than the local shops.

Maybe the local shops have more expensive delivery trucks.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

Just now, BritManToo said:

The fridge was already cheaper than the local shops.

Maybe the local shops have more expensive delivery trucks.

So the place you bought it from has lower overheads/rent etc. But the delivery charge still came out of the money YOU paid.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

None at all.

Good to hear, thanks. I buy a lot of <deleted> from Alixpress in Australia, but been looking on Lazada as I read somewhere customs can be a pain. 

22 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Lazada mainly, Cod.

Shopee for items unusually expensive on Lazada, CoD.

AliExpress for items illegal to sell in Thailand, and a few odd imports Thais don't seem to want, Debit Card.

They're all good, AliExpress is a bit slower.

You're a legend, thank you.

How did the stuff take to arrive from lazada? (i assume from Bangkok)

Edited by HappyFive

17 minutes ago, HappyFive said:

You're a legend, thank you. How did the stuff take to arrive from lazada? (i assume from Bangkok)

Fridge, 4 days, USB 2 days (delivered later today).

Normally everything arrives before the earliest delivery date.

I normally only buy products sourced inside Thailand.

Just purchased a PCI to 4x usb3 card on Shopee, only available from China (Lazada wanted 500bht), estimated delivery this month, cost 210bht CoD.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

Normally everything arrives before the earliest delivery date.

That is quite funny, i use Lazada a lot.

Needed a new winch, ordered it almost 2 weeks ago, coming from China, according to the tracking, it has not yet been passed to a courier, still in the factory, damn, i need it now.

Tried to cancel Lazada system will not allow, i am not happy, only got 1 working winch, if that goes i will be stuck on/off my bed.

So on friday, i noticed another ad on facebook with winches, through Lazada, i ordered 1, it was delivered 10 minutes ago, so if the 1  from China ever arrives, i will have a spare.

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

SInce COVID I buy almost everything online.

Pork steaks and Pepsi from the local BigC, Lotus, 7-11 ........ everything else online.

Hardly any need to leave the house any more, and generally cheaper than the local stores.

Used to do regular runs to Makro, now use the app and they bring it to me, only stuff that needs actual "shopping" for is date sensitive stuff.

• Like 2

SInce COVID I buy almost everything online.

Pork steaks and Pepsi from the local BigC, Lotus, 7-11 ........ everything else online.

Hardly any need to leave the house any more, and generally cheaper than the local stores.

I do much the same as you, my problem regarding winches, i used to buy Kanto winches at a local shop, owner speaks excellent English, but sadly Kanto have stopped making them.

I have bought 4 over the last 7 years, 1 only recently, it was not new, but works ok.

So until the 1 arrived this morning, only 1 over my working bed, luckily i am not going out at the moment.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Depends where the seller is located, you dont actually buy anything from Lazada, they are just a portal for sellers all over the country.

Can be as quick as 2 days, upto 5 days or more.Check sellers location in the details, many are in China and can take 2 weeks.

Also watch for stuff that a seller says is in (for example) Samut Prakan but has 8-12 days delivery. It's not in Samut Parakan and probably more expensive than the same item ordered direct from China. The few small items I have bought from a China supplier all arrived a few days before the maximum delivery date.

24 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

If the seller is new and has no rating then I won't buy anything. If the seller has a rating but a bad rating then I won't buy anything from that seller.

If it is something that I really want or is hard to find, I will further check the bad review to see what that actual issue was that earned them the bad rating. You would be surprised at the amount of people that order the wrong thing and think it's the vendor's fault.

By the same token, if a vendor doesn't respond to ANY bad reviews, then best not bother with them.

TiT

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

LG Thailand ......... no middle man.

But YOU still paid the delivery charge, not LG.

It was included in the price.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

But YOU still paid the delivery charge, not LG.

It was included in the price.

Technically they should say "shipping included" or "no additional charges for shipping" but its all marketing lingo, as we all know nothing is actually "free" .

The seller can actually lose out using "free" shipping" because if its returned they have lost the shipping cost too in refund. Whereas as a seperate cost or "included" thats deducted and only the item price is refunded.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, colinneil said:

That is quite funny, i use Lazada a lot.

Needed a new winch, ordered it almost 2 weeks ago, coming from China, according to the tracking, it has not yet been passed to a courier, still in the factory, damn, i need it now.

Tried to cancel Lazada system will not allow, i am not happy, only got 1 working winch, if that goes i will be stuck on/off my bed.

So on friday, i noticed another ad on facebook with winches, through Lazada, i ordered 1, it was delivered 10 minutes ago, so if the 1  from China ever arrives, i will have a spare.

Excellent colin, good to have the spare one just in case.

I would imagine you are one of the more seasoned lazada shoppers here. Do you have any other advice on things to watch out for when doing the online shopping? How has your return/refund experience been?

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

Excellent colin, good to have the spare one just in case.

I would imagine you are one of the more seasoned lazada shoppers here. Do you have any other advice on things to watch out for when doing the online shopping? How has your return/refund experience been?

You need to double check most things, especially items coming from China, descriptions sometimes way off the mark.

Returns, only returned 2 items in 7 years, no problems, printed out the return form, wife took items to local post office ,monies transferred to my bank account.

22 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

The other trick I have faced is the seller marking it "packed" almost immediately so you cant cancel, then taking 5 days or more to actually hand it over or them cancelling. I wondered if they go get the item or "drop ship"  once sold and dont actually stock anything.

I've seen that maybe three times over the past year, all COD. In the first instance, lazada had already flagged it with a cancellation option/date if the vendor doesn't move stuff within five days. I waited about a week and lazada eventually canceled it. The next couple of times, I stepped in myself and canceled it if there was no activity after maybe three days, excluding weekends.

OP said " Do they accept foreign cards?"

with Lazada, best thing is to pay to the courrier, in bahts first time, I  paid with a foreign card ! big mistake ! with change, I paid much I have read something here, and now I pay attention to it if , on Lazada, it's written " no brand ", it's a fake ; if it's written the real name ( for instance " Samsung " ) it's genuine 

not everything is fake on Lazada 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Technically they should say "shipping included" or "no additional charges for shipping" but its all marketing lingo, as we all know nothing is actually "free" .

The seller can actually lose out using "free" shipping" because if its returned they have lost the shipping cost too in refund. Whereas as a seperate cost or "included" thats deducted and only the item price is refunded.

That has never happened when I have returned goods to Lazada. I have always been refunded the full amount, even though the delivery was an additional charge.

• Like 1