Is there Lazada or what online shopping in Thailand?

HappyFive

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

I've seen that maybe three times over the past year, all COD. In the first instance, lazada had already flagged it with a cancellation option/date if the vendor doesn't move stuff within five days. I waited about a week and lazada eventually canceled it. The next couple of times, I stepped in myself and canceled it if there was no activity after maybe three days, excluding weekends.

The point being, if they mark it "packed" you can do nothing and Lazada wont either until those 5 days so you are stuck waiting for the item to be dispatched last minute or Lazada intervening after 5 days.

You could of course just refuse delivery, but then thats another hassle trail waiting.

Pain if you actually needed something quickly as in Colins case as an example.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Moonlover said:

That has never happened when I have returned goods to Lazada. I have always been refunded the full amount, even though the delivery was an additional charge.

As have I, but I was talking online generally, not specifically Lazada sellers.Perhaps I should have been more clear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, colinneil said:

You need to double check most things, especially items coming from China, descriptions sometimes way off the mark.

Returns, only returned 2 items in 7 years, no problems, printed out the return form, wife took items to local post office ,monies transferred to my bank account.

Sound advice and once again goes towards actually knowing what you are shopping for. Using the lazada store as a browsing experience and buying something on the 'that looks nice' or 'that looks like it will do' can be perilous as that lacks being able to pick something up or otherwise size it up in a shop. It's amazing the amount of listings that clearly have a collection of pictures that may not be all of the same device; air fryers are a good example or this.

A friend had been chasing a small ice maker on lazada with all those being offered coming from China. He had to cancel three attempts after they got stuck between the packing and shipping stages as mentioned in an earlier post. Fourth time lucky and he got the machine after about 12 days but it only had the plumbed-in water supply option. The pictures on lazada showed an identical machine that also had tray on top for regular water bottles for flexibility versus plumbing it in. Accordingly, he had to change his plans and plumbed it in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

That is quite funny, i use Lazada a lot.

Needed a new winch, ordered it almost 2 weeks ago, coming from China, according to the tracking, it has not yet been passed to a courier, still in the factory, damn, i need it now.

Tried to cancel Lazada system will not allow, i am not happy, only got 1 working winch, if that goes i will be stuck on/off my bed.

So on friday, i noticed another ad on facebook with winches, through Lazada, i ordered 1, it was delivered 10 minutes ago, so if the 1  from China ever arrives, i will have a spare.

Had 2 different occasions where the seller was delaying the delivery and Lazada cancelled the order after giving the seller a deadline which they didn't make.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

SInce COVID I buy almost everything online.

Pork steaks and Pepsi from the local BigC, Lotus, 7-11 ........ everything else online.

Hardly any need to leave the house any more, and generally cheaper than the local stores.

Brilliant. Do big C have a delivery system or do you order with another company who then connect with Big C?

https://th.rs-online.com

For electronic / electrical components, high quality hand tools / hardware.  I order from here and wait the typical 5-7 day delivery to Chiang Mai when the items i find locally and on Lazada don't make the cut for specifications or quality standards.  They have an office and distribution in Bangkok.  The price you see online is the final price and no surprise taxes or customs fees.   

21 hours ago, KannikaP said:

So the place you bought it from has lower overheads/rent etc. But the delivery charge still came out of the money YOU paid.

So confused and sad people, where did the delivery money come from please?

I find Lazada a little easier to use than Shopee.  On both of them the search engine sucks big time.  It helps if you can search in both English or Thai.  

Then there is Amazon and Ebay.  For sure no problem with foreign credit cards on them.  With Amazon you prepay the estimated customs charges and get a refund if it is less than what they estimate.  But it seems like you pay for custom charges on stuff that wouldn't have them if someone posted it to you.  The shipping and customs often costs more than the item itself.  But if you receive a damaged or incorrect item it is much harder to return it than with Lazada or Shopee.  Amazon will give you a prepaid DHL form to print out.  But when I took it to DHL here they would not accept it, their system did not recognize the scan bar number.  There is a self ship option but it only covers up to $20 in shipping, which usually is not enough to cover the whole cost.  I would also say that even with the shipping and customs charges you can still find stuff cheaper on Amazon than on Lazada/Shopee.  But you need to check first.

If you are looking for electronic items that you can't find on Lazada or Shopee it is better to use Amazon.co.uk than Amazon.com.  So the voltage requirement is not an issue.  Just need an adapter for the UK plugs.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Lazada mainly, Cod.

Shopee for items unusually expensive on Lazada, CoD.

AliExpress for items illegal to sell in Thailand, and a few odd imports Thais don't seem to want, Debit Card.

They're all good, AliExpress is a bit slower.

BritManToo. Do you use your Thai debit card to pay on Aliexpress? No problems?

I was a bit nervous buying from there with my card so used Western Union which works out to be a quite expensive and arduous process.

A warning about Lazada.....

I have been shopping with Lazada for several years, COD is the way I have always paid.

When on the odd occasion, I have needed to return the item (wrong description etc) I have had the refund paid into my Lazada Account Wallet, then used tis to pay for other items... Never been a problem, until this last year.... Lazada informed me , because my account it is in a foreign name, I cannot 'verify' my Wallet, therefor, the money in the wallet is inaccessible.

I applied to have the money refunded to my bank account, after their 'Checking system', this was refused.

So basically, the money is limbo....

33 minutes ago, phetphet said:

I was a bit nervous buying from there with my card so used Western Union which works out to be a quite expensive and arduous process.

When I order something at Aliexpress, I use a Thai debetcard without any problems.

20 minutes ago, bluesmon said:

I have been shopping with Lazada for several years, COD is the way I have always paid.

When on the odd occasion, I have needed to return the item (wrong description etc) I have had the refund paid into my Lazada Account Wallet, then used tis to pay for other items... Never been a problem, until this last year.... Lazada informed me , because my account it is in a foreign name, I cannot 'verify' my Wallet, therefor, the money in the wallet is inaccessible.

I applied to have the money refunded to my bank account, after their 'Checking system', this was refused.

If that is a problem then you'll make a new account on your wife's/gf name.

I do the same, also with phone number for the delivering, I always gives my gf phone number to explain how to drive.

24 minutes ago, bluesmon said:

Ask them for a "voucher" usually done in minutes.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tubulat said:

If that is a problem then you'll make a new account on your wife's/gf name.

I do the same, also with phone number for the delivering, I always gives my gf phone number to explain how to drive.

I can do that, but it still will not help to get my money back.

51 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Yes, never any problem.

23 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Delivery is NOT free, it is INCLUDED in the price.

I've often found the retailer with the cheapest price for an item has the highest (or only) delivery fee. 

I use a (local) debit card for all purchases as I can't be bothered stuffing around with cash on delivery. You cant open packages to check contents before paying the delivery guy.

• Like 1

Shoppee before Lazada because of easier to get your money back if it's a faulty product.

Amazon for higher end electric and computers.

I usually get some of the duty tax returned after a few weeks.  

Ive also used Ali Baba to import expensive pool equipment and specialty pool tiles because even with shipping and customs its still 20-40% cheaper than Thailand excessive important taxes  plus the huge mark-up here in Thailand, not unlike Thai owned hotels during COVID-19.

5 minutes ago, newnative said:

Color me confused, too--with your posts.   What does it matter where the 'delivery money comes from'?  If item X costs 10,000 baht locally, including delivery, and the same item X costs 9,000 baht, including delivery, from Lazada or some other online website, who cares what part of the 9000 baht is for the delivery?  

I was simply making the point that the delivery is NOT FREE as many people think. It is INCLUDED. Sorry for the confusion. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, bluesmon said:

You can do what I have done several times in the past when returning goods and not being able to have a wallet. Ask them to give you a Lazada voucher to spend in future. 

There is a chat function on the website to speak to a customer service agent, and I have found them to be quite helpful. Explain the situation and ask them to give you a voucher. It will sit in with your other vouchers to be used when you want. I can't remember if there is a time limit on them.

HTH

Edited by phetphet

I like Lazada and probably order something at least twice a week, it's a lot easier than trudging round shops hearing "mai me".  Which likely means that they can't instantly tell what you want, and they can't be bothered to try and find out.

There is a lot of copy merchandise on there, usually I don't mind if the price is right and the item isn't critical. 

If I need the genuine item though, I go to one of the manufacturers shops within Lazada.  I've used Samsung (for a phone), Kingston (memory cards), Honda (bike parts), and there are many others.  Prices are a bit more, though still less than physical shops, and you get the convenience and security of the Lazada platform. 

As to paying, they seem to have stopped letting me pay by card, it's Lazada Wallet only now and the rules have changed to allow foreigners to use it.  Registration was easy on my phone (impossible on my PC!).  I don't need the hassle (to and fro's to my bank app) needed to pay every time, so I just transferred a couple of thousand in and top it up every so often.

Any use?

3 hours ago, bluesmon said:

I encountered the same problem.  However, there is now a procedure to get your wallet working again, it involves scanning your foreign passport and sending it to them. Contact Lazada chat or phone them to set it up. I did.

For larger ticket items I pay Lazada by COD, in case there is a return, I don't want large sums sitting in my Lazada wallet.

Watch for fake items. I bought a fake hard drive once, I reported it, and Lazada refunded me the money I paid. Check references or use a Lazmall or Lazglobal supplier. 

On 6/20/2021 at 9:46 AM, Salerno said:

You ever had any hassles with customs?

I've had enormous hassle with Customs and couriers on some compression socks I ordered on line where the price tripled when they got to Thailand. I thought the company was Thai and it turned out to be american. Claimed a refund through MasterCard but after 20 odd emails worldwide eventually gave up. Don't want to name the company due to Thailands libel laws but they know who they are!