Bangkok eases some COVID-19 restrictions from Monday

webfact

000_9AW9F2.jpg

Yaowarat, Bangkok (Photo by Jack TAYLOR / AFP)

Effective Monday, several public venues, businesses and activities in Bangkok can either resume normal operation or resume with fewer restrictions, according to the communicable disease committee of Bangkok.

The committee, which met Sunday, decided to ease restrictions on the following:

• Public swimming pools and other activities of a similar nature.

• Water sports facilities and other water activities in public ponds, with limitations on the number of participants. The venues must close at 9pm.

• Learning and science centres for education, science parks and galleries.

• Public, private and community libraries.

• Eateries can stay open up to 11pm, but cannot serve alcohol on the premises. Eateries with air conditioning may only occupy up to 50% of the seating capacity.

• Sports stadia, outdoor or indoor exercise grounds with good air circulation may stay open to 9pm. Competitive events are allowed, but without spectators.

• Convenience stores and supermarkets may resume normal operations.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/bangkok-eases-some-covid-19-restrictions-from-monday/

Logo-top-.png
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

As the cases of Covid are increasing, the Authorities are reducing the restrictions.

Duhhh 

most of the restrictions mentioned made no sense in the fist place 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tonray said:

Does that mean gyms...and if so...why not just say "Gyms" !

A friend who had a workout center told me "gym" was a Thai slang word for a person's privates. Lazy me never followed up to see if correct or not, but could see a farang getting in trouble with Thai GF if he tells her "Honey I'm off to the gym to work off some calories"

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, tonray said:

Does that mean gyms...and if so...why not just say "Gyms" !

Well, a sports stadium is not a gym. Neither are the open-air areas in many local parks with machines for fitness, which have also been so stupidly closed (but widely used by locals nonetheless, to their credit).

Edited by Disparate Dan

6 hours ago, MasterBaker said:

yes, i want to know if my condo pool and gym will be opened. why this has to be so cryptic? oh wait, this it Thailand...

Pool at my building has opened today but on a "1 in- 1 out" basis, with slots being booked through the office.

Gym (Indoor) remains closed.