Jump to content

Public health official warn of new “fourth wave” in Thailand in work camps and factories


Recommended Posts

4th.jpg

 

By Cod Satrusayang

 

Officials at the Thai Ministry of Public Health have warned the government that a new “fourth wave” of the Covid-19 pandemic could be imminent unless action was taken, a source told Thai Enquirer on Monday.

 

Thailand is currently in the midst of the third wave of the pandemic with over 180,000 infections and over 1,500 deaths since it began on April 1.

 

The government has stepped up its lagging vaccine program and imposed a partial lockdown as a response, but infection numbers remain high.

 

Full story: https://www.thaienquirer.com/28783/public-health-official-warn-of-new-fourth-wave-in-thailand-in-work-camps-and-factories/

 

ti.jpg
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Do you mean government officials knocking shops?🤣🤣🤣

Because that is what they are.

 And they feel totally entitled to this situation; they don't have to abide by laws, rules or respect others /respect the health of others, because they're special.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Doesn't the 3rd wave need to end first...oh yeah I forgot it plateued awhile ago according to this government so it must be our imagination its still building.

 

Just because we have become comfortable with waves that come and go, there's no science that says that a wave must dissipate before a newer, bigger one comes along.

 

The Dummies Guide to Surfing: Chapter 2, Section 2, "The Basics - Picking the best wave."

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

so far delta is some 15% of total infections.

probably the 4th wave will be named, when delta dominates and speeds up.

so far 3rd will last another 2-3 months, as expected earlier.

AZ should start tweeking for delta and vietnamese variant, takes many months from research to production line

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rabas said:

 

No. The Indiadelta wave will replace the 3rd wave, and numbers will continue to rise.  Wave on top of wave. That may be why the numbers are rising slowly, wave 3 is going down as wave 4 rises.

 

Wave 4 will be bigger, then wave 5 from Vietnam will bust all the vaccines.

 

you could be right - it would not surprise me 

 

meanwhile countries in south america are seeing a new wave recently - anyone want to guess which vaccine they are primarily using ...................

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Delta variant at work doing what it does best, spread rapidly. Workers camps becoming sealed prisons will not stop it.

Don't worry first jab of Sinovac has whooping 3% efficacy against Delta variant

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rabas said:

No. The Indiadelta wave will replace the 3rd wave, and numbers will continue to rise.  Wave on top of wave.

 

That's called a tsunami.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, webfact said:

Officials at the Thai Ministry of Public Health have warned the government that a new “fourth wave” of the Covid-19 pandemic could be imminent unless action was taken, a source told Thai Enquirer on Monday.

who are those Officials, hope not related to Anutin's .... expect a denial later in the day    555

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Doesn't the 3rd wave need to end first...oh yeah I forgot it plateued awhile ago according to this government so it must be our imagination its still building.

That's not a wave, this is a wave!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

 

Just because we have become comfortable with waves that come and go, there's no science that says that a wave must dissipate before a newer, bigger one comes along.

 

The Dummies Guide to Surfing: Chapter 2, Section 2, "The Basics - Picking the best wave."

Watch out for the backwash like the one at the Wedge!Or the mutant waves at Shipsterns in Tassie!

Link to post
Share on other sites

If they tested 100,000 a day they would find its out of control by current method's this must be the only place in the world where reported figures never rise  🤔

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Do you mean government officials knocking shops?🤣🤣🤣

Because that is what they are.

So that's what those nightclub videos on ****hub are ! (or so I'm told)

Edited by RichardColeman
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Delta variant at work doing what it does best, spread rapidly. Workers camps becoming sealed prisons will not stop it.

And if the Thai Authorities think they have had/ are having it bad, just wait until the Delta Variant starts to attack all the Factory Staff.

The source of most of the GDP of the Country, is the Factory output and exports..

Tourism is a P1!5 in a puddle compared to the amount of GDP the Factories generate, and once Delta gets a strong foothold, this sector will also sadly be in ruins.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, webfact said:

 

Officials at the Thai Ministry of Public Health have warned the government that a new “fourth wave” of the Covid-19 pandemic could be imminent

 

Sounds like they are surfing along now with more waves than Honda .. and shouldn't that be wabes as well ..

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

And if the Thai Authorities think they have had/ are having it bad, just wait until the Delta Variant starts to attack all the Factory Staff.

Rich factory owners will be ok. They have friends in high places.

ThaiBev has secured 70,000 vaccines for its workers and their families.

The Interior Ministry has approved it and says that it is OK.

Source is the paper that we cannot quote - posted at 04.30

Link to post
Share on other sites

They need to keep the "Wave" scare going.
Nothing has changed but if you want to fear-monger: "Fourth Wave Coming!!!"

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Countries like Thailand have to put a stop to treating their workers and the poor like farm animals. Give them decent housing and a social system to stop  them from needing to beg on the streets when workplaces close, or a pandemic hits !!

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Rich factory owners will be ok. They have friends in high places.

ThaiBev has secured 70,000 vaccines for its workers and their families.

The Interior Ministry has approved it and says that it is OK.

Source is the paper that we cannot quote - posted at 04.30

 

 

Of course it was approved... I needs to be approved...  people in all areas of ‘high population density’ need to be vaccinated as a priority.... 

 

All factory workers, prisoners, those living hi density slums etc, immigrant labourer accommodation, those visiting and working in markets and areas of high footfall need to be vaccinated ahead of pretty much everyone else.... 

 

Of course, older folk and those in high medical risk groups also need to be vaccinated as a priority.... 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...