Sinovac Vaccine Develops over 50% Immunity against COVID-19

snoop1130

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

More than 350 doctors and medical professionals have contracted Covid-19 in Indonesia despite the majority of healthcare workers having been immunized with Sinovac, officials said Thursday, just over a month after officials praised the shot for wiping out the disease among health workers.

Dozens of these were hospitalized, officials added, leading experts to question the effectiveness of the Chinese shot, particularly against the infectious Delta variant fueling the country’s outbreak.   

I hope you are right but it does not look good.  Several reports that it is not doing well against the variants.  The majority of the cases here now are the UK and Indian variants.  Almost 90% the UK variant.  

Being that there are well over 1,000,000 healthcare workers (and that number only includes Doctors, midwives and nurses). those stats actually look pretty darn good.

https://apps.who.int/gho/data/node.main.HWFGRP?lang=en

1 hour ago, 2 is 1 said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthart/2021/06/17/chinas-sinovac-vaccine-under-scrutiny-as-covid-soars-in-highly-vaccinated-countries/?sh=102948201444

So effective! And how many need to go ICU or 6 feet under to see 100% effective against severe covid.

So what these countries should have done to keep the Chinese haters happy? Refuse their vaccines and keep on going unvaccinated? With all the rich countries hoarding vaccines only for themselves?

• Confused 1

50% is already known months back from western studies

50% is a coin toss, heads or tails ...... what a joke .... weakest vax out there

when all western vax is practically 100% effective against death or hospitalization

all western vax approved by all western countries with no non- western vax approved in West.......

3 hours ago, RubbaJohnny said:

I am not disputing but where is your source that 90 here (meaning Thailand yes) is so called UK variant?

source: thaienquirer today

The DMS said last week that the dominating variant in Thailand is still the Alpha variant, first identified in the United Kingdom.

Of the 5,055 samples that were taken from around the country between April 7 and June 13, 4,528 or 89.6 per cent were identified as the Alpha variant, 496 or 9.8 per cent were Delta variant, and the remaining 31 cases were Beta variant.

• Like 1

12 months ago this research would have been very useful.

the issue now is that there are many variants and this research seems to simply refer to a generic “covid19”.

that’s less than useful. The world has moved on. Major research is now focusing on efficacy of vaccines against particular variants.

Without knowing which variant they were testing against, the results are far too superficial to be useful.

George Gao, the head of the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, acknowledged the poor efficacy of China’s vaccines at a conference in April, in what seemed to be an unintentional dissent from the party line. Gao said the country was exploring ways to “solve the problem that the efficacy of the existing vaccines is not high.” China swiftly rejected the way Gao’s comments had been perceived on the domestic and international stage, flushing comments from social media and publicly rebuking the statement. On state media, Gao later described the incident as a “misunderstanding.”  

A "misunderstanding". Where have I heard that one before ????

https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthart/2021/06/17/chinas-sinovac-vaccine-under-scrutiny-as-covid-soars-in-highly-vaccinated-countries/amp/

Edited by ftpjtm
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, gearbox said:

So what these countries should have done to keep the Chinese haters happy? Refuse their vaccines and keep on going unvaccinated? With all the rich countries hoarding vaccines only for themselves?

If you want put water or some other stuff in your vain go for it! If dont trust chinese vaccine or other stuff from there mean automatic hate?

Ok i dont like many from that nation, mostly coz they not act nicely.

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Sinovac is still a lot better than nothing. 

Wouldn't that depend on when you could access a better vaccine and if getting Sinovac would interfere or delay administration of that better vaccine?

If you can wait a couple of months, it might be worth it.  Unless you know you could get Sinovac in August and then Moderna in October.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JamieM said:

Reports suggest Sinovac is 100% effective again severe symptoms & death. 

Absolute nonsense as usual...

How you are allowed to be here spreading horse s*** like this on a daily basis, is beyond me. 

Perhaps you can spread the same criticism at BBC, Reuters etc.... who reported those details. 

It now appears that the Delta Variant evades immunity in a tiny number of vaccinated individuals - as shown in Indonesia where 5 out of 10’s of thousands of vaccinated health care professionals have died from Covid-19 so far. 

Quote: Reuters:

Screenshot 2021-06-21 at 23.24.23.png

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Sinovac is still a lot better than nothing. 

Wouldn't that depend on when you could access a better vaccine and if getting Sinovac would interfere or delay administration of that better vaccine?

If you can wait a couple of months, it might be worth it.  Unless you know you could get Sinovac in August and then Moderna in October.

But still... Sinovac is better than nothing !!!! 

Waiting until next week for AZ is not nothing is it ???? and waiting until August is a long time off. Getting what you can as soon as possible is the best option.

My Wife’s parents were vaccinated with Sinovac last week. While at the hospital they were advised by the Nurse to wait until the following week to get the AZ vaccine. My Wife and I advised them not not wait, Sinovac is an ok vaccine, its better than nothing... and given the screwup’s about vaccine availability the nurse would have no idea if that hospital will have the AZ vaccine the following week.

It turns out the hospital did not receive their delivery of the AZ vaccine after all... In laws are happy with having some, rather than no protection.

Additionally: IF someone takes the AZ or Sinovac vaccine now, they can still take the mRNA in a few months when it becomes available - studies are starting to show that this is more effective. 

But, do you trust any of the announcements that state the mRNA (Moderna) vaccines will be available in October ?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

50% is already known months back from western studies

50% is a coin toss, heads or tails ...... what a joke .... weakest vax out there

when all western vax is practically 100% effective against death or hospitalization

all western vax approved by all western countries with no non- western vax approved in West.......

You have miss-understood your stats.

Sinovac is 50.7% effective against contracting Covid-19

AstraZeneca is 76% effective against contracting Covid-19

Pfiezer and Moderna are closer to 95% effective against contracting Covid-19

All the vaccines are reported to provide close to 100% protection against death - BUT, most of those studies were carried out before the Delta variant spread into countries which had carried out a lot of vaccinations. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

Just confirming it's the least effective protection of available vaccines then, great

And just to confirm, you can have Sinovac or Sinovac. Up to you na.  

The flu virus mutates a few times a year this is known by our UK bio- Chemists and other top Scientists and they alter the Vaccine to combat the new Flu mutation it is a simple procedure mostly likely unknown to Joe public when he go's for his yearly flu jab. Once the most effective Covid vaccine is identified as the best to combat they will simply adjust the vaccine to combat any new strain. Unfortunately Thailand's top Scientists so far have not been able to formulate a covid vaccine so they have to rel'y on importing it into large amounts they will need, its no good waiting for Month's for a shipment coming in and will never be ontop of it due to mutations. Only in 48 hours here in the UK we vaccinated over a 100.000 people under 25 opening Stadiums up for people wanting the vaccination. This is done by good planning ample supplies and trusting what your being told. Why can't the Thai government do what we do and open up massive venues where thousands can be inoculated daily ? 

richard. the article itself is vague and misleading so I have ignored it . “ effective” not defined.

I have misunderstood nothing..just commented with a summary of what really matters.

you added the part about protection from getting covid ( “cases”) which I purposely did not mention as I am not interested in that, as cases a pure function of testing with unspecified basis so useless for statistics. I am only concerned with deaths and hospitalizations.

new variants ? too complicated & insufficient data so again I did not comment, but of course western vaccines will be highly effective ( undefined as yet) there too.

Nice try but that is not a quote from Reuters themselves (or any other third party) it is a direct quote from Sinovac Biotec.

There is a big difference between Reuters quoting the manufacturers claims, and Reuters themselves stating it as a fact.

I notice you conveniently edited that part out ???? so here it is:

Capaaaature.PNG

Edited by JamieM

11 minutes ago, JamieM said:

Expand  

Nice try but that is not a quote from Reuters themselves, it is a quote from Sinovac Biotec.

There is a big difference between Reuters quoting the manufacturers claims and the actual truth.

I notice you conveniently edited that part out ???? so here it is:

Capaaaature.PNG

Edited just now by JamieM

You want the Media to run their own trials ???

https://www.who.int/news-room/feature-stories/detail/the-sinovac-covid-19-vaccine-what-you-need-to-know

This is against the P1 variant - the B.1.167.2 variant has changed things slightly with regards to absolute protection.

WHO quote:

3 hours ago, connda said:

This keeps being retreaded.  Who knows.  Maybe tomorrow we'll hear, "New research from <enter Thai university> shows Sinovac to be <enter number %> effective!!!"

The point is that Sinovac is effective..... it is very effective against people getting severely ill and getting killed by Covid-19.

• Like 2

To note from the Reuters FEB 2021 article:

"Brazil’s more rampant epidemic, and the trial’s focus on medical workers, are among factors which Sinovac believe may have lowered the efficacy rate seen in data from there, a person familiar with the matter told Reuters last month."

As with the Indonesia study, studies based on hospitals/medical workers deal with a population that may have a daily exposure to positive COVID-19 cases whereas the general population receiving any vaccine may have limited or no such exposure.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-vaccine-sinovac-idUSKBN2A60AY

Edited by jerrymahoney

14 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You want the Media to run their own trials ???

https://www.who.int/news-room/feature-stories/detail/the-sinovac-covid-19-vaccine-what-you-need-to-know

This is against the P1 variant - the B.1.167.2 variant has changed things slightly with regards to absolute protection.

WHO quote:

Again this is WHO quoting the manufacturer, I want independent trials.

It is no secret the WHO post anything that China want them to post, never forget they told the world that covid-19 was not transmissible on the behest of the CCP.

They have lied non stop and world would not be in this mess if they told the truth

(and over 3 million people would still be alive now if it were not for the lies)

NEVER FORGET

Captussssre.PNG

Edited by JamieM
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

richard. the article itself is vague and misleading so I have ignored it . “ effective” not defined.

I have misunderstood nothing..just commented with a summary of what really matters.

you added the part about protection from getting covid ( “cases”) which I purposely did not mention as I am not interested in that, as cases a pure function of testing with unspecified basis so useless for statistics. I am only concerned with deaths and hospitalizations.

new variants ? too complicated & insufficient data so again I did not comment, but of course western vaccines will be highly effective ( undefined as yet) there too.

You levelled criticism at Sinovac for being ‘only’ 50% effective and a coin toss when ‘Western’ vaccines are 100% effective against hospitalisation and death.

Sinovac is a lot more than 50% effective against hospitalisation and death, you have not compared the same facet of protection. 

While Sinovac is not the best vaccine and the ‘other vaccines’ do seem a lot better, Sinovac still offers a lot of protection.

Reports I’ve read state 78% of people do not suffer any symptoms of Covid-19 at all - thats not anything to shrug at if Sinovac is the only vaccine available to some people. They can take better vaccines later when they become available. 

I will note that whatever the population involved in the study and whatever the vaccine involved in the study, in order to become infected with COVID-19 following full or partial vaccination, one has to actually be exposed somehow to the COVID virus.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JamieM said:

Again this is WHO quoting the manufacturer I want independent trials.

It is no secret the WHO post anything that China want them to post, never forget they told us it was not transmissible on the behest of the CCP.

We would not be in this mess if they told the truth.

Captussssre.PNG

So your agenda is Anti-Chinese and you don’t believe the claimed Sinovac efficacy figures because its a Chinese company.... 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Some positive news from Indonesia:

Jakarta. Most of the 308 health workers vaccinated with Sinovac's Coronavac vaccine in Kudus, Central Java, a district recently hit hard by the novel coronavirus Delta variant, recovered from the disease last week, an encouraging indication of how the Chinese-made vaccine fare against the more infectious variant. 

Badai Ismoyo, the Kudus district health department head, said administering the Covid-19 vaccine to health workers in the local area has proven effective in protecting them from the worst conditions.

• Like 1

the others from usa and uk are in the 80-90% mark after 2 shots and offer good protection against the new strains as well,are the china vaccs tested against those-it doesnt appear so!its a shot in the dark basically.stick or twist,red or black.its a macao roulette wheel spin.so if everyones vacced 1/2 have no cover in real terms.the chinese gift that just keeps on giving.we need to wake up and assess the china threat a little more seriously.they are literally a plague on humanity and the greed and aggression on top of that.....well......the govt has stopped us getting better vaccs thru private hospitals,why would anyone do that,its nuts?its self defeating.im not having a china vacc id buy my own but we dont have that option,its getting spooky if we get another mutation that will nix the china vacc,back to square one looks a strong possibility over the next few mnths.will we be told the truth if that does happen,on present form from bkk and beijing that would appear highly unlikely.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, hanuman2543 said:

yes very interesting,chile has vacced more people % wise than any other latino country but the deaths are still very high each day.disturbingly so.

• Like 1