Sinovac Vaccine Develops over 50% Immunity against COVID-19

snoop1130

11 minutes ago, rupert the bear said:

yes very interesting,chile has vacced more people % wise than any other latino country but the deaths are still very high each day.disturbingly so.

Might be due to a false sense of security the vaccine gives. People drop their guard , stop wearing masks and forget social distancing. Places where large numbers of people gather reopen and the result is an increase in the transmission of covid.

Of the newly infected a lot fewer will get seriously ill but because the rate of infection is so high , it pushes up the number that do get ill and require hospitalization.

So does that mean to achieve herd immunity (70% of the population vaccinated with a 90%+ efficacy), that for Sinovac, they would need to get it injected into 140% of the population? 

15 hours ago, worgeordie said:

50 % is that good enough, and thats only 70% of  171  people that

had two doses,.

regards worgeordie

It's not good enough, but it's readily available and at the right price.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, worgeordie said:

50 % is that good enough, and thats only 70% of  171  people that

had two doses,.

regards worgeordie

Well in Indonesia 350 medical doctors have contacted Covid many in Hospitals, Costa Fica just cancelled Sinovac it’s <deleted> 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

The flu virus mutates a few times a year this is known by our UK bio- Chemists and other top Scientists and they alter the Vaccine to combat the new Flu mutation it is a simple procedure mostly likely unknown to Joe public when he go's for his yearly flu jab. Once the most effective Covid vaccine is identified as the best to combat they will simply adjust the vaccine to combat any new strain. Unfortunately Thailand's top Scientists so far have not been able to formulate a covid vaccine so they have to rel'y on importing it into large amounts they will need, its no good waiting for Month's for a shipment coming in and will never be ontop of it due to mutations. Only in 48 hours here in the UK we vaccinated over a 100.000 people under 25 opening Stadiums up for people wanting the vaccination. This is done by good planning ample supplies and trusting what your being told. Why can't the Thai government do what we do and open up massive venues where thousands can be inoculated daily ? 

They have. And 100,000 in 48 hours is really nothing to crow about. The problem here in Thailand seems to be more along the lines of, haven't got, cannot give. In the past, when they have had sufficient supplies, they've managed close to 500,000 per day. 

16 hours ago, mohinga said:

50% is the minumum required effectiveness required to be granted emergency use authorization (EUA). Sinovac was granted this by the WHO a couple of weeks ago. Meanwhile, Sputnik V, with over 90% effectiveness (the highest of all vaccines except for the mRNA ones) has yet to be granted EUA by either the WHO or the European agency. Politics paramount in all aspects of this pandemic and vaccines. AZ and J&J approved despite many serious risks being reported. Sinovac and Sinpharm approved with slightly more than mimium effectiveness.

Then there's the question of the political stigmatization of anyone, including many doctors, who posit the possibility of hydroxychlorquine and Ivermectin as treatment... despite an abundance of anecdotal evidence.

The fact that experimental treatments, such as the vaccines, cannot be granted EUA if there is an effective treatment available is not reported in the media. All that is stessed is that one must get the jab in order to be allowed some portion of the freedoms that we all once took for granted.

I would opt for the Russian jab if it were available. But it is not. There are some rumours of it getting the WHO approval in the coming months. But, failing that, I would get one of the Chinese old school endovirus jabs. Maybe not very effective, but at least it would allow me to operate on a longer leash.

At best they could potentially lessen the severity of symptoms if one were to get the virus.

And the risk of serious side effects seems minimal. The same cannot be said for the 2 mRNA jabs.

100% agree. I'm less keen on getting an mRNA vaccine due to how much safety testing can have been done in the time allowed. I'm with the billion people who have Sinopharm.

15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Sinovac is still a lot better than nothing. 

I was in the Khon Kean University Heart center last week (its a 10 weekly thing I have to do)        I asked about what vaccinations- best and other questions. The answer from everyone there was, If you have a chance to take any of the vaccines--"Take it" you can always top again with the same or a different Variety when they all become more available. 

--=--That answered my first question -Can you mix and match----

I ask the surgeon there-And, if the situation changes to where I could just walk in and point to any one I wanted-- He said, At that point in time I would say, don't take the Pfizer-but things seem to be changing by the week as more & more data comes in.  --told him, I thought Pfizer was the best one.  He said again--anything is better than nothing.

We don't just take the reports from the manufacturer, and the numbers are very very small, but Israel (who is ahead of most in Vaccinations) is reporting a possible link with Pfizer & Myocarditis . This may only effect hearts that are still developing (younger people) but as a heart hospital we have to say--if possible we would take something else.

Israel sees probable link between Pfizer vaccine and myocarditis cases

In Israel, 275 cases of myocarditis were reported between December 2020 and May 2021 among more than 5 million vaccinated people, the ministry said in disclosing the findings of a study it commissioned to examine the matter.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israel-sees-probable-link-between-pfizer-vaccine-small-number-myocarditis-cases-2021-06-01/

9 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

The flu virus mutates a few times a year this is known by our UK bio- Chemists and other top Scientists and they alter the Vaccine to combat the new Flu mutation it is a simple procedure mostly likely unknown to Joe public when he go's for his yearly flu jab. Once the most effective Covid vaccine is identified as the best to combat they will simply adjust the vaccine to combat any new strain. Unfortunately Thailand's top Scientists so far have not been able to formulate a covid vaccine so they have to rel'y on importing it into large amounts they will need, its no good waiting for Month's for a shipment coming in and will never be ontop of it due to mutations. Only in 48 hours here in the UK we vaccinated over a 100.000 people under 25 opening Stadiums up for people wanting the vaccination. This is done by good planning ample supplies and trusting what your being told. Why can't the Thai government do what we do and open up massive venues where thousands can be inoculated daily ? 

They did, but there now seems to be a serious shortage of shots. BTW, 100,000 in 48 hours is small beer. The Thais were doing almost 500,000 in 24 hours until recently.

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

BANGKOK (NNT) - Chulalongkorn University’s Faculty of Medicine has reported that two doses of Sinovac in Thais help to stimulate over 50% immunity against COVID-19.

Thai Government, and Thai Health Authorities take note

2 Doses, yes, 2 doses, not one Dose, will still only give about 50 % Immunity.

And thats if it is administered at its full Dosage.

Calmette-guérin vaccine might be better than Sinovac...????

Studies have shown 68 percent protection against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19 in double-blind), actually in level with AstraZeneca, some even says higher protection than AZ.

Calmette-guérin is an old vaccine to protect against TB, and it's also suggested to give some level of protection against dengue-fever (I believe only a few small studies so far).

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

Calmette-guérin vaccine might be better than Sinovac...????

Studies have shown 68 percent protection against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19 in double-blind), actually in level with AstraZeneca, some even says higher protection than AZ.

Calmette-guérin is an old vaccine to protect against TB, and it's also suggested to give some level of protection against dengue-fever (I believe only a few small studies so far).

Or the government could important Pfeizer or Moderna vaccines that are over 95% Effective.

richard: agree. problem with Sinovac is (a) its <deleted> poor but yes better much than no vax and (b)not getting sufficient stats. on Sinovac as we do with western vax trial summaries so we dont know the Sinovac Death / Hosp. rates..... certainly not anywhere near the 100% western vax protection rates but yes much higher than the 50% effective rate.

btw I today confirmed an appt. on www.phuket.win for AZ first jab here in Phuket 26 June (but website still asking for work permit for non- WP registration......will ignore). My 2nd jab listed as “ TBA”.

Waved bye bye now to Sinovac Option......

On 6/21/2021 at 11:28 AM, mohinga said:

50% is the minumum required effectiveness required to be granted emergency use authorization (EUA). Sinovac was granted this by the WHO a couple of weeks ago. Meanwhile, Sputnik V, with over 90% effectiveness (the highest of all vaccines except for the mRNA ones) has yet to be granted EUA by either the WHO or the European agency. Politics paramount in all aspects of this pandemic and vaccines. AZ and J&J approved despite many serious risks being reported. Sinovac and Sinpharm approved with slightly more than mimium effectiveness.

Then there's the question of the political stigmatization of anyone, including many doctors, who posit the possibility of hydroxychlorquine and Ivermectin as treatment... despite an abundance of anecdotal evidence.

The fact that experimental treatments, such as the vaccines, cannot be granted EUA if there is an effective treatment available is not reported in the media. All that is stessed is that one must get the jab in order to be allowed some portion of the freedoms that we all once took for granted.

I would opt for the Russian jab if it were available. But it is not. There are some rumours of it getting the WHO approval in the coming months. But, failing that, I would get one of the Chinese old school endovirus jabs. Maybe not very effective, but at least it would allow me to operate on a longer leash.

At best they could potentially lessen the severity of symptoms if one were to get the virus.

And the risk of serious side effects seems minimal. The same cannot be said for the 2 mRNA jabs.

for a moment there I had to check if I had logged on to the RT FB page....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Goldpanner said:

Article in one of the UK newspapers this morning stated it was less than 40% effective. I've had both AZ shots now

Always amazes me, according to a poll recently, most Sinovac haters are Heineken drinkers, so they certainly know all about filling their bodies full of ineffective gnat's pxxx.

Edited by bradiston
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Always amazes me, according to a poll recently, most Sinovac haters are Heineken drinkers, so they certainly know all about filling their bodies full of ineffective gnat's pxxx.

Im not a Sinovac hater, I really dont give a toss I was simply reposting what I had read. I also dont drink anaerobic cats <deleted> or any type of lager or beer that has to be chilled to drink

14 hours ago, rupert the bear said:
16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

So your agenda is Anti-Chinese and you don’t believe the claimed Sinovac efficacy figures because its a Chinese company.... 

go ask the uighers and tibetans about the wonderful new schools theyre attending at beijings expense.dont be so naieve,even the latest foray into china by WHO which is very pro CCP came back empty handed from wuhan,looking rather sheepish and embarrassed,see whats there not what you want to see.try asking the journos and drs who spoke out when it started,once again at school in the bamboo gulags.this is not anti china its a statement of their actions

I agree... I am very aware of how poorly the Chinese treat the Uyghurs... (You are clearly care so much the spelling is of Uyghurs is second nature to you !!! ???? - so you can drop your virtue signalling)....

I do agree with everything you write, all of it.... but it errelevant regarding the efficacy of the Sinovac vaccines. 

China’s terrible human rights policies, its international policies, its south China Sea Policies do not equate to Sinovac or Sinopharm vaccines being ineffective.

I don’t like Chinese Communist Party and what they get up to - but I don’t let that distort my opinion of the efficacy of Sinovac...  (or Chinese as individuals).

Edited by richard_smith237

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

(You are clearly care so much the spelling is of Uyghurs is second nature to you !!! ???? - so you can drop your virtue signalling)....

I do agree with everything you write, all of it.... but it errelevant regarding the efficacy of the Sinovac vaccines. 

Oh, we have a grammar nazi here that can't spell irrelevant.

You should really learn how to spell that word considering most of your posts are in fact carefully edited misquotes and irrelevant nonsense.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ireland32 said:

Well in Indonesia 350 medical doctors have contacted Covid many in Hospitals, Costa Fica just cancelled Sinovac it’s <deleted> 

There are over 140,000 doctors in Indonesia and 350 of the. Have tested positive for COVID

”dozens” are in hospital and zero have died

just do the maths there 

140,000 and 350 cases. 

Its a very effective vaccine. Get a grip 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, JamieM said:

Oh, we have a grammar nazi here that can't spell irrelevant.

You should really learn how to spell that word considering most of your posts are in fact carefully edited misquotes and irrelevant nonsense.

Considering the plight of the Uyghurs was so significant to rupert the bear's comment one would think the least he could do is spell them right....  Its not just a spelling error, it indicates he hardly knows who the Uyghur are - virtue signalling at its weakest. 

Congratulations on picking up on the deliberate error...  you were drawn in like a dog to a dog whistle... Well done...  you’ve become predictable... ’Grammar Nazi’ lol !!!...  next you’ll be telling thaiVisa posters to go home if they don’t like it or some equally inane comment. 

There is a lot more research coming out highlighting the efficacy of the Sinovac vaccine - you’ll find a reason to discard the results, it's clear you can’t stand anything that comes out of China... racist. 

Edited by richard_smith237