Bright Future Seen for Thai Cannabis Strains

snoop1130

8 hours ago, Neeranam said:

He was doing slightly more than that! Money laundering and organized crime, I believe. 

pretty sure he wasn't. There was a campaign back in Holland to get him freed. He has been given an apology and substantial compensation by the Dutch govt. Apparently, some Dutch official caused the whole thing by making enquiries with Thai authorities about his whereabouts in connection with financial irregularities (which turned out to be false).

But once Thai officials found out he had been selling weed legally in licensed cafes in Holland they arrested him. In court the prosecutors even said they were not sure what the charges were for but they couldn't accept that this Dutch guy was spending money made from weed. So they threw him in jail and took his millions. It was an absolute disgrace. Where did you get the stuff about organized crime and laundering from?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, greenmonkey said:

still... everytime I see anything to do with cannabis in this country it makes my blood boil. I think back to that poor Dutch guy who had his life wrecked by the Thai officials who plundered his wealth (and threw him in jail for many years) for themselves under the guise of Thai law.... and that guy had been legally selling cannabis in Holland!!! And now its all smiles and pics with marajuana plants.... the hipocracy and corruption is defo getting worse here.

That poor Dutch guy is in a Dutch prison now, slightly more comfortable but his Thai wife is still locked up in her home country. He sold the cannabis "legal" but he forgot to pay all his taxes on his huge profit.

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

And yet this happened.... 

I know. I'm shocked.

Who knew the Thai "legal" system was so archaic and prone to abuse by the authorities?

Uhm, anyone with a pulse.

Obviously the plants wielded by the authorities were legally grown.

Do I think the young woman in the photo should be prosecuted. Of course not. Stupidity, as in idiotic photos, is not a crime.

2 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Thai people don't need Mary Jane. 

They need cocaine and tons of it.

Then maybe they will finally get the dual track train construction completed. 

Have to finish thousands of u-turn bidges over the tracks first. That's a major project.????

If only weed would become a legal export/import commodity AND Thailand could cultivate to the paralysis-causing quality of 50 years ago. 

Is it possible to have couch lock if you don't have a couch?