Tourism Authority Aims to Ease Quarantine Requirements in Thailand and Visitors’ Countries

webfact

2 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Once again the 'intelligence' of those at the top is here for all to see. This is how it goes. The empty head at the top has a thought bubble. Calls a meeting to share said thought bubble and all subordinates say great idea oh empty headed one. Committees are then formed to discuss what a great idea it is.????

My initial assessment of the pervasiveness of the 'Thai Thick Gene' has now attracted incontrovertible evidence - except it’s worse than I imagined. I was hoping the PISA educational tables and googling 'IQ by country' might offset that… but it’s only explained it. 

• Like 1

Hubbubble.

Remember the song ?

I'm forever blowing bubbles,
Pretty bubbles in the air,
They fly so high, nearly reach the sky,
Then like my dreams they fade and die.
Fortune's always hiding,
I've looked everywhere,
I'm forever blowing bubbles,
Pretty bubbles in the air.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, 86Tiger said:

So they are not going to change Thailand policy, only try convince other governments to change policy by convincing them Thailand is safe.

Got it.

Luckily the TAT has no say in policy.......

3 hours ago, Scottie12 said:

They will lose many high spending tourists if they insist on USD100,000 Covid insurance, travellers with the double vaccination should be exempt from this.

If you can’t afford $100k insurance, you probably shouldn’t be travelling. It comes out to less than $3 a day and includes trip insurance and other kinds of hospitalization.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lucky Bones said:

Gotta be at least 2 soi 6 "ladies" in that photo.

Hang on, I'll have some beers and see if it looks better. 555????

More of the same. I am sure he has thousands pictures like that. Probably in a folder called quality control.

dfb65f91d37586a38132590f29ccc4a5.png

I wonder how long before the complain mongers around here give up on being wrong (yet again) about the opening and move on to the next shiny object.  I'm guessing it's shortly after Phuket opens in about a week. 

Maybe we should start a pool on what they will complain about next?  No reason we can't have some fun at their expense.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

Just now, shdmn said:

I wonder how long the complain mongers around here give up on being wrong (yet again) about the opening and move on to the next shiny object.  I'm guessing it's shortly after Phuket opens in about a week.  They will probably move on to complaining about the inevitable problems that crop up a result of the initial opening.  Like the service in the hotels or something. 

Taxi mafia. They must all make up for the money which they didn't make in the last 1 1/2 year... 

how will they cope with the DELTA PLUS which is really evil.more evil than anything seen so far

Delta Plus variant transmissible even in fleeting encounter with Covid patient, says AIIMS chief Randeep Guleria

AIIMs director Randeep Guleria said the new Delta Plus variant of Covid-19 is extremely transmissible, and even walking next to a Covid-19 patient without a mask may lead to the spread of infection.

https://www.indiatoday.in/coronavirus-outbreak/story/delta-plus-variant-covid-19-india-aiims-randeep-gulerai-1818152-2021-06-22

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 86Tiger said:

So they are not going to change Thailand policy, only try convince other governments to change policy by convincing them Thailand is safe.

Got it.

More bad timing, the US gov't just put Thailand on the travel warning list!

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) aims to offer “city bubble” and activity-based travel agreement in “sandbox” areas, to ease quarantine requirements both in Thailand and in the visitor’s home country.

Maybe we can bring a letter from our tourism authority as well to ease quarantine requirements in Thailand.  No more 14 days.

The TAT has a good idea here, if they just used it in a mirror.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MRToMRT said:

Headlines such as "Thailand suffers record daily deaths" in UK press whilst Thailand makes me do a 14 day ASQ in Bangkok if I come here mean why should other countries bother with Thailand's belly aching about their quarantine requirements.

SKY News has been running a promotional piece about the Phuket re-opening  using the worlds "quarantine-free" and not mentioning any of the hoops to be jumped through. It also seems to imply a successful vaccine program on the island.

8 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

More of the same. I am sure he has thousands pictures like that. Probably in a folder called quality control.

dfb65f91d37586a38132590f29ccc4a5.png

If this is the ministers 14-day "baby bubble" quarantine idea, then the planes and hotels would be full. That would be innovative for a change and attract the tourist crowd with high purchasing power.

Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, MaiChai said:

Thailand isn't high risk; its medium risk. Thailand had not had serious outbreaks like Brazil, Italy, India, etc. Do TAT know what they are talking about? Here is a list of high/medium/low risk countries.

What an amazing query from MaiChai! "Do TAT know what they are talking about?" Why ask when the answer is obvious? 

14 hours ago, webfact said:

in order to loosen quarantine requirements when tourists return home.

Thai authorities aware of what is happening in other countries! Well that's a first!

Edited by SunsetT

On 6/23/2021 at 4:45 PM, MRToMRT said:

Headlines such as "Thailand suffers record daily deaths" in UK press whilst Thailand makes me do a 14 day ASQ in Bangkok if I come here mean why should other countries bother with Thailand's belly aching about their quarantine requirements.

So in other words all Thais should quarantine except for arriving tourists. Makes sense to me and gets my vote 

• Haha 1