Want To Hire A Burmese Domestic Worker

I am interested in hiring a full-time domestic worker, on a full-time basis. I don't want anyone who is illegal. I live here (BKK), have a full-time job, Non-immigrant B visa and Work Permit. I don't have household registration or anything like that though.

Anyone who knows what to do, or anything about the procedure,let me know.

I am interested in hiring a full-time domestic worker, on a full-time basis. I don't want anyone who is illegal. I live here (BKK), have a full-time job, Non-immigrant B visa and Work Permit. I don't have household registration or anything like that though.

Anyone who knows what to do, or anything about the procedure,let me know.

if you wish to hire a Burmese you will need to apply for a work permit for him/her.

Burmese are in fact farrnags that need a work permit as any other forigner.

you will need to apply for a quota from the labour office and then you can hire a Burmese. they will be given a one year permit card.

Thanks, Highdiver.

I am not too familiar with the process.

I actually don't have a person in mind, so I need some guidance and recruiting someone.

As stated..go to the 'labour'..employment office. Say you want permission to employ a burmese worker. Fill in appropraite form. one week later return and receive permission letter. BUT the person you employ must already have a work permit. At present the government are not issuing any new permits..watch the newspapers for a policy change.

It seems that many people have to employ 'non-work permit burmese' at present. I understand that this is a little unadviseable.

You will be very lucky to obtain one who already has a permit..best chance is to ask someone who has one if they know anyone who would work for you.

We have gone as far as getting permission and await a policy change.