Hospitals in Bangkok suspend COVID-19 test as they run out of beds for the infected

webfact

8 hours ago, Shuya said:

Stop putting people in hospitals just because they test positive. 

I could not disagree more. A great percentage of infections are in-family or in-household or in-workplace. These people need to be isolated, even if asymptomatic, in order to protect others.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Naturesway said:

Will they ever grow some brain to understand there is only way to stop this covid bs is if they stop pcr testing the people. If they would do that then we could go back to normal only 

Would all those Covid patients in ICU and seriously ill do a miraculous normalization too?

As they have currently filled all the beds in Bangkok and there's none left to care for more who are also critically ill with covid.

• Like 1

Any plans or committes getting prepared to issues plans to the COVID-19 control committee and the Anutin health and weed department.

Everything is under control.  Its like the 3 stooges are running the show.

plenty of empty/closed hotels in Bangkok and around the country. Some hotels are being used already  for mild covid or recovering cases. Also many hotels have already had the experience of being used as part of the ASQ scheme , and occupancy has fallen for many of these. 

As i understand it, hotel  room supply (for positive covid cases) is limited because of strict health and safety and other Government mandated requirements. Some of these requirements look ridiculously gold plated in the current (emergency) environment eg as well as nursing and medical care the hotel also needs to ensure that patients have access to a psychologist!

This nonsense needs to be stopped; the basic requirement is beds to allow for isolation in the first instance, then more serious cases can be moved to hospital .

The government should use emergency powers to  take over 10/20000 rooms in Bangkok,  compensating  the hotels at some minimal level but then the government should  take on full responsibility for all additional medical services. public and private hospitals should be instructed to work with the hotel facilities in their area and provide nursing and medical staff to support. Let the underemployed private hospital  staff  do something useful rather than sitting on their backside all day! 

Edited by wordchild
  • Like 1

There are 130k tourists arriving in Phuket allegedly. 3 Covid tests each is pushing 400k tests. Where are these coming from and what will they cost?

Having done the tests here they are no fun. 

I suspect the sandbox will go ahead as so much face has been invested but it is going to be an almighty shambles if anyone actually turns up.

1 hour ago, wordchild said:

plenty of empty/closed hotels in Bangkok and around the country. Some hotels are being used already  for mild covid or recovering cases. Also many hotels have already had the experience of being used as part of the ASQ scheme , and occupancy has fallen for many of these. 

As i understand it, hotel  room supply (for positive covid cases) is limited because of strict health and safety and other Government mandated requirements. Some of these requirements look ridiculously gold plated in the current (emergency) environment eg as well as nursing and medical care the hotel also needs to ensure that patients have access to a psychologist!

This nonsense needs to be stopped; the basic requirement is beds to allow for isolation in the first instance, then more serious cases can be moved to hospital .

The government should use emergency powers to  take over 10/20000 rooms in Bangkok,  compensating  the hotels at some minimal level but then the government should  take on full responsibility for all additional medical services. public and private hospitals should be instructed to work with the hotel facilities in their area and provide nursing and medical staff to support. Let the underemployed private hospital  staff  do something useful rather than sitting on their backside all day! 

And what about all the huge soapy massage places, currently closed. Plenty of unused rooms in those. The government should take them over as well.

Maybe some of the former staff could even be persuaded to return to help out with patients who have been isolating for too long. Obviously they would need to wear a full PPE suit over  their normal working attire, but, even with these restrictions,  they would still likely be more beneficial than clinical psychologists!

Edited by wordchild
  • Haha 1

I actually know folks who paid 4000 to get tested 'for piece of mind'... knowing full well that, even if they're not sick, they'd get locked up in a hospital for the duration.

It's ridiculous that everyone tested positive must get a bed - that leaves no beds for the sick - and it's even more ridiculous that they'll shut everyone else out, including people who are sick!!!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, unblocktheplanet said:

I could not disagree more. A great percentage of infections are in-family or in-household or in-workplace. These people need to be isolated, even if asymptomatic, in order to protect others.

But NOT in hospitals!!! Extra rooms could be found to isolate people who are not ill. They also don't need isolating unless they're living with other people - many people live alone here.

There's another story - my wife went and had her first AZ shot, minutes later she was lying down with a high heartrate (153) and developed a fever - she was shipped to a hospital who said there were no more beds.

When she said she would PAY (i.e. not as a government patient) they actually said they'd check to see if there were beds for her... but obviously they couldn't suddenly come up with one so they still turned her away. I'm curious how many folks in the hospitals don't actually have COVID but are reacting to the vaccine? and how many beds are not available for government patients. Certainly Princ seems to have 6 floors of wards with no lights on above the 11th floor.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ben2talk said:

There's another story - my wife went and had her first AZ shot, minutes later she was lying down with a high heartrate (153) and developed a fever - she was shipped to a hospital who said there were no more beds.

When she said she would PAY (i.e. not as a government patient) they actually said they'd check to see if there were beds for her... but obviously they couldn't suddenly come up with one so they still turned her away. I'm curious how many folks in the hospitals don't actually have COVID but are reacting to the vaccine? and how many beds are not available for government patients. Certainly Princ seems to have 6 floors of wards with no lights on above the 11th floor.

But never mind that, how is your wife now ?

On 6/24/2021 at 5:01 PM, Shuya said:

What a great idea. 

This will stop hospital overcrowding. 

It will reduce the infection numbers, save money on test kits, and force people to be vigilant and self isolate at home. 

A quick visit to the local temple to receive a blessing might help to spread the word to other people to do the same. 

Don't forget to visit the local pharmacy for a bag of colored pills to make sure your treating the right thing. 

On 6/24/2021 at 5:01 PM, Shuya said:

• Sad 1

On 6/25/2021 at 6:47 PM, ben2talk said:

Not enough staff could be one reason

23 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

What a great idea. 

This will stop hospital overcrowding. 

It will reduce the infection numbers, save money on test kits, and force people to be vigilant and self isolate at home. 

A quick visit to the local temple to receive a blessing might help to spread the word to other people to do the same. 

Don't forget to visit the local pharmacy for a bag of colored pills to make sure your treating the right thing. 

The 2 people who I know in England who got covid they were sent home to self isolate