Change from Guardian extension of stay to Spouse

Not sure what you have now since there is no guardian extension.

If you have a extension stay based upon being the parent of a Thai you only need to show the documents required for being married to a Thai. If you are using the 400k baht in bank it will need to be in the bank for 2 months on the date you apply.

3 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

She could be the guardian of a foreign child, attending a private school in Thailand and needs 500k in bank, all year round.

That is a extension is for being the parent of a child attending school. It can also be issued for a child attending a public school,

There is no guardian visa or extension of stay.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is a extension is for being the parent of a child attending school. It can also be issued for a child attending a public school,

There is no guardian visa or extension of stay.

Non Imm O 

500k in bank

Child has to attend private school;

Letter from school. One in name of child, one in name of Guardian.

Only one parent can be the guardian.

I know what I am talking about because that's exactly what my ex is doing.

5 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

Only one parent can be the guardian.

This from the immigration order for extensions of stay.

image.png.130fa6fae32c79b8d2a300b55acdfa7f.png

It does not say guardian anywhere. A parent cannot be the guardian of their child. They can have sole custody of them.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

This from the immigration order for extensions of stay.

image.png.130fa6fae32c79b8d2a300b55acdfa7f.png

It does not say guardian anywhere. A parent cannot be the guardian of their child. They can have sole custody of them.

OK

My ex goes actually tomorrow with daughter for extension of stay.

They say 500k for the past three months.

Last year, they wanted updated bank book will all year round 500k plus letter from bank.

How one can understand what you just posted as "criteria for consideration"

34 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

She could be the guardian of a foreign child, attending a private school in Thailand and needs 500k in bank, all year round.

This is the case, a foreign parent of a foreign child attending a private school.

So I'm asking for advice on how to change this to "piggyback" my Retirement Extension as my Spouse.

The 500k doesn't have to be in the bank all year round, it can be withdrawn immediately the visa has been issued.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

This is the case, a foreign parent of a foreign child attending a private school.

So I'm asking for advice on how to change this to "piggyback" my Retirement Extension.

The 500k doesn't have to be in the bank all year round, it can be withdrawn immediately the visa has been issued.

Are you sure about that?

My ex has each year to show her bank book and show a letter from bank, issued the same day of renewal of permission to stay.

4 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

Are you sure about that?

My ex has each year to show her bank book and show a letter from bank, issued the same day of renewal of permission to stay.

And what happens when the child has no renewal of the extension of stay 'cos they're 18 and  leaving the country?

Or do you mean the 500k thing? It can be spent 'cos that's what you're supposed to live off isn't it? (Unless you're on a retirement extension!!)

Edited by LongTimeLurker

1 minute ago, LongTimeLurker said:

And what happens when the child has no renewal of the extension of stay 'cos they're 18 and  leaving the country?

My child is 12.

Sorry to hijack your threat.

My ex is always told she can't touch the 500k

Just now, RafPinto said:

My child is 12.

Sorry to hijack your threat.

We always spend it since I have to lock in 800k until 3 months after renewal. Not had a problem for 14 years spending it as soon as the visa is issued.

14 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

So I'm asking for advice on how to change this to "piggyback" my Retirement Extension.

I assume you asking about your spouse e changing to an extension based upon being a member of your family.

All that is needed for that is your legalized marriage certificate and copies of your passport photo page and your extension of stay based upon retirement. It will be issued to the day your extension expires.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

I assume you asking about your spouse e changing to an extension based upon being a member of your family.

All that is needed for that is your legalized marriage certificate and copies of your passport photo page and your extension of stay based upon retirement. It will be issued to the day your extension extension expires.

Great, thanks Ubonjoe.

That simple eh? Just like the "guardian" renewal.

Well after all these years we have all the documents in place.

6 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

The rules clearly state it only needs to be in the bank for 90 days on the date of application.

Who is telling her that?. The school or immigration?

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The rules clearly state it only needs to be in the bank for 90 days on the date of application.

Who is telling her that?. The school or immigration?

Immigration.

They want to see her updated bankbook of having all year round 500k and on the date of renewal of permission to stay, a letter from the bank.

56 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Can't delete this mistaken quote of the post I wanted to edit?

When posting or editing a post move the mouse pointer to the quote and you will see a box above the upper left corner of It.image.png.18c9933eed9d6c8d0a24b37595a92977.png  Click the box and then backspace and the quote will go away.

18 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

They want to see her updated bankbook of having all year round 500k and on the date of renewal of permission to stay, a letter from the bank.

They are clearly wrong. It must be a rogue office.