Previously Booked Mor Prom Covid Appointment for 24 June 2021 Postponed Today

vibration

I was one of the so called lucky ones that managed to book a covid injection for today 24 June 2021 however this was postponed this morning with no new date given.

Because of this myself and my Thai wife registered today for 2 Moderna injections at Wattana Hospital in Udonthani where they said that we would probably be able to get injections before the end of the year and if we had not been given injections by the end of January then our deposit would be refunded.

Posting this as it may be of use to others.

We paid 3800 THB which is 50% of the total cost for 4 injections.

36 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Interesting, the private hospitals were saying October for Moderna now within a week, December and now January mentioned

I made a reservation about 1 month ago for moderna.. and at that time they already told should be october.. but if not become till end of year reservation fee will be paid back.
Now I have my AZ first shot and in august my second should be injected. But I still keep my moderna and hope actually for end of year.. as this would be a good booster or second vaccine ????

1 hour ago, vibration said:

I was one of the so called lucky ones that managed to book a covid injection for today 24 June 2021 however this was postponed this morning with no new date given.

Were you informed when you turned up, or after you arrived at a scheduled appointment?

I presume given your bookings for Moderna, you're in Udon Thani?

You should post on here:

20 minutes ago, samtam said:

Were you informed when you turned up, or after you arrived at a scheduled appointment?

I presume given your bookings for Moderna, you're in Udon Thani?

You should post on here:

My wife received a message before we left our house stating the appointment had been postponed with no new date given.

• 3 weeks later...

Today my wife received an SMS asking me to contact the University in Udonthani to get my first Astra Zeneca vaccine at 1 pm previously booked for the 24th June using the Mor Prom Application, 

I must say based on previous experience I would only believe this after the injection was going in my arm.

We arrived at the University at about 11am and thank God we arrived early as the chaos had already started with hordes of people unsure what to do or where to go.

After pleading with my wife to go and ask (she doesnt like asking questions) we finally managed to get in the right que and very near the front and after filling out a form and taking temperature and blood pressure checks I was given the injection.

After the injection I was given a certificate in Thai confirming that I had received the injection.

I am very pleased and impressed that they manged to get it sorted now; well done Thailand.

When we left the building the chaos was even worse and especially with the parking however after a lof of reversing we managed to get out ot the car park.

Because of all the previous confusion and cancellations etc we booked the Moderna injections at a private hospital and maybe we will take these also as we need the vaccination proof in English.

Best wishes to all with your injections.