Bangkok in Dire Need of Hospital Beds

snoop1130

15 minutes ago, Sametboy2019 said:

So just send what available vaccines they have to places like Bangkok and the bigger cities where there are clusters first.

What's the point in Somchai in Nakon Nowhere being vaccinated?

I will be fully vaccinated after the 30th but it's not like I'm a priority or I'm in a high risk area.

Thats pretty much what they have been doing... 

Vaccines destined for the provinces were re-allocated to Bangkok. 

Some provinces with more ‘powerful’ governors  still received vaccines, but not as many as initially planned. 

The issue has always been nationwide announcements and promises which could not be kept because there are simply not enough vaccines. 

All those in high risk groups need to be vaccinated: 

High risk groups: 

- Those working in factories

- Taxi drivers / Mototaxi’s 

- Key workers: Medical staff / Hospital workers

- Immigrant labourers and those living in high density accommodation

- Those working in Markets

- These living in high density slum like accommodation

- Those over 60 nationwide

- Those at high risk due to medical conditions nationwide

The hi-so’s who live in their own houses and can easily isolate or remain in bubbles do not need to be vaccinated - but from what I see, every young, healthy and wealthy person I know was vaccinated a month ago... 

Even the police don’t need to be vaccinated, when are they ever at risk? they sit in boxes in their own bubble or rarely attend and raid a house with a handful of people breaking covid regulations !

21 hours ago, connda said:

One of two approaches.
Drop the cycle count of the PCR tests to 28 to minimize false positives while finding those with high viral loads, and

allow the asymptomatic to recover at home.  It won't happen though so they choose instead to risk turning away truly sick and infectious people.

Regarding letting mild cases recover at home, what you suggest was announced in another thread on TV today!

Thai Health Authorities Plan New Approach for Coping with Severe COVID-19 Outbreak

Edited by placnx
add title of thread

7 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

No. What happened in India is factual and thankfully the situation seems to be improved now. Was everyone in every Indian city doomed? No, hence I felt your comment was hyperbolic, which I think is unhelpful.

As for India, it is only a respite. It will be a long time until enough people are vaccinated to make a difference, assuming that a new variant doesn't defeat AZ there. BBC reported an analysis of death in two states, where estimated Covid deaths were 42 and 45 times the official numbers. Outside of towns healthcare facilities are minimal, so there's no one to keep track of Covid fatalities.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Thailand is roughly six months behind India in terms of the delta variant.

Screen Shot 2564-06-26 at 03.17.12.jpg

It could not get as bad as India numerically since Thailand's population is much smaller. Divide 350k by 20? Thailand might be more like 3 months behind India. Anyway, the India numbers are unreliable. Might be a lot higher in reality.

• Like 1