Moving to Bangkok, looking for good european restaurants with daily changing menus

Baz Erckens

I could name a couple of great Thai restaurants in Bangkok. In such a big city, you will always find some exceptional international food.

One place actually has a Thai national as the executive chef, and many of their ingredients are sourced directly from Thailand. It wouldn't surprise me if a Thai had part-ownership in the enterprise.

• Confused 3

7 hours ago, nkg said:

I could name a couple of great Thai restaurants in Bangkok. In such a big city, you will always find some exceptional international food.

One place actually has a Thai national as the executive chef, and many of their ingredients are sourced directly from Thailand. It wouldn't surprise me if a Thai had part-ownership in the enterprise.

Thank you, but I am looking only for western restaurants that have a daily set menu which I preferably can order for take away.

13 hours ago, Baz Erckens said:

I am going to move to Bangkok soon and I am looking for good European restaurants (German, Swiss etc.) that offer daily menus, preferably for take away, too.

Bangkok is huge, what area in Bangkok are going to say in? 

18 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

Daily changing menu? That’s a big ask, mate! Also, why European restaurants when there’s so many really delicious Thai dishes? 

I’ll never get why people come to Asia only to go into “McDonald’s” which they can have literally anywhere on the world. To each their own, though! 

In your home country did you only eat food from one country?

I think Thais that eat only Thai food are missing out.

I'm curious, do you eat Thai food for breakfast?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Terminal 21

If you mean the food court, I don't want to go to one place, buy a token for food. go to another place, or more places for food, then after eating, go and wait again for change. It must be a bit of a nightmare at busy times.

I don't eat Thai food, never in a million years could I eat rice, it's western food all the time for me.

I just like to go into a restaurant, order my meal then eat it and then pay the bill, all just sitting in the one place.

Edited by possum1931

18 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:
20 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

Daily changing menu? That’s a big ask, mate! Also, why European restaurants when there’s so many really delicious Thai dishes? 

I’ll never get why people come to Asia only to go into “McDonald’s” which they can have literally anywhere on the world. To each their own, though! 

Expand  

McDonald's  is NOT restaurant! It's a junk food outlet.

That's probably why he wasn't recommending McDonalds.

All round Siam Square, The Paragon  center. The Poenchit mall, all of Sukhumvit from Soi 4 to Soi 33 ...all around Patpong, Silom and Surawong. Just have a walk about. Google  Bangkok restaurants or read the Friday edition  of the  Bangkok  Post...a feast of fun!

Edited by The Hammer2021

5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

There are good German and Swiss restaurants, with daily-changing menus in T21?   Any recommendations?

And the Paragon  center  and the nearby Poenchit  mall and the enormous center on the  corner. I like the grill at the top of that hotel  near soi 4. It has a pub in the  basement. Harvesters  I think.

6 hours ago, possum1931 said:

If you mean the food court, I don't want to go to one place, buy a token for food. go to another place, or more places for food, then after eating, go and wait again for change. It must be a bit of a nightmare at busy times.

I don't eat Thai food, never in a million years could I eat rice, it's western food all the time for me.

I just like to go into a restaurant, order my meal then eat it and then pay the bill, all just sitting in the one place.

No I was referring  to restaurants  within the mall of which there is a plethora  as well as food stalls.  You quite literally  'Need to get out more.' Perhaps after consulting  the Bangkok Good Food Guide.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Hammer2021 said:

No I was referring  to restaurants  within the mall of which there is a plethora  as well as food stalls.  You quite literally  'Need to get out more.' Perhaps after consulting  the Bangkok Good Food Guide.

"You quite literally  'Need to get out more.'" don't you know there is a pandemic on?

• Haha 1