Does Thailand have a 4WD map/locations - book/magazine??

Just wondering if anyone knows of any publications/books that I can purchase in relation to utilising my 4WD. I am interested in travelling anywhere within Thailand that requires a four-wheel-drive to get to different locations. Anyone’s help would be very much appreciated!!

• Like 1

What part of Thailand are you based?

There are many 4x4 clubs, I have to say some are a bit questionable in their green credentials.

I know of some competition 4x4s clubs/events and there are also groups that do charitable 4x4 stuff getting to places where ordinary transport can't reach.

most of my 4x4 was solo but I did some in groups md met others.

So you cold just go to arms where 4x4s are used and you'll meet up with people.

You could also try Laos.

• Thanks 1

I live in Central Pattaya & need to get away but am unable to obtain English maps/locations for various tracks/off-roading ????????????????????????????

Am yet to see any 4wd clubs/sites that are in English. Only one that I know of is a paid four-wheel-drive course/track near Kanchanaburi ????

Thank you kindly Thunglom????????????????????
I have a Ford Ranger Wildtrak  4x4 with only 40,000 km on it and this needs to be rectified. I appreciate your extensive feedback and want to thank you kindly. All the best mate and take care????????????????????

6 hours ago, jack7106 said:

Thank you kindly Thunglom????????????????????
I have a Ford Ranger Wildtrak  4x4 with only 40,000 km on it and this needs to be rectified. I appreciate your extensive feedback and want to thank you kindly. All the best mate and take care????????????????????

"Rectified"?? - not sure what spec that is at present - in Thailand. I covered a lot of miles in mine over 15 years. Firstly a Mitsu Strada, which I raised a couple of inches. Then a Navara with a 5 in lift and various mods inc locking diffs. Between them I covered over 500,000 km. The most useful thing I found was increase in ground clearance. This was also improved by large tyres. the locking diffs were seldom used but got me out of some serious mud on occasions. I think a snorkel might have been useful....

Parts and accessories- ARB have a factory in Amata Nakorn and MCC have a factory in Bang Bueng, if you are looking for bull bars etc. VVP have everything. ( http://www.vvp4x4.com )

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hey Jack, 

mate I’m just about to get into 4wd off-roading and camping etc. if your keen to catch up maybe we could suss them together or something. I’m also an Aussie in Pattaya. 

just about to do a 2014 Vigo champ build. ????

hit me up mate.