Why did our electricity bill go up so much?

2 hours ago, natway09 said:

You say no increase in usage but there must be.

When your fridge & aircon are on the compressors will cut in when needed.

I listened to my air con compressor in the village last time up there & the cpmpressor only ran for 11 minutes in the hour, time before was over 20 min.  It is all about the ambient temperature, fridge similar situation plus how often door opened & product  loadings

You cannot control this except by turning them off or turning the thermostat up

I run both my aircons at 28dc & find with the dehumidifying effect as well as cooling it is comfortable

If we were being billed for increased usage, the units noted on the bills should be higher, right? They aren't. Wife actually doesn't run the aircon all the time. She only turns it on a small percentage of the time. Also, around the time of the start of the pandemic, we replaced our fridge with a very efficient one. It's gotten hotter in previous times without the similar increase in the bill. 

Edited by JCP108

11 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

Wife actually doesn't run the aircon all the time. She only turns it on a small percentage of the time. Also, around the time of the start of the pandemic, we replaced our fridge with a very efficient one. It's gotten hotter in previous times without the similar increase in the bill. 

It's usual for units to vary every month with the heat, if units hasn't changed which is suspicious then it can only be the price\discount, but with no bills we'll never know, so let's all move on

On 6/30/2021 at 8:50 PM, JCP108 said:

I don't have the bills as I'm out of the country right now. No increase in usage.

Smartphones are great in situations like these. Ask your wife to take a photo of the bills and forward it to you.