Experts call for Thai government to procure mRNA vaccines instead of Sinovac

snoop1130

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Infectious Disease Association of Thailand (IDAT) is calling on the Thai government to procure mRNA COVID-19 vaccines, instead of China’s Sinovac, citing concerns over the Chinese vaccine’s efficacy against new variants, especially the virulent Delta strain.

Ain't going to happen, Sino-something is all they can get hold of..

procuring anything else will take time and money... both of which the government is running out of.

120 days to open the nation is his plan, getting vaccines imported and injected in time will not fit the plan.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Thailand has a long long way to go before things are under (real)control. 

I'm sure this will help. When the new Chinese tourist come here shortly, I hope they test them for Swine flu as well, as there is a big outbreak in china amongst other things that can kill us. But Hey, we need the money.

• Like 1

I suspect the rich and powerful running the government don't care about the average Thai. mrna is the way to go, although you can understanding the thinking behind the AZ vaccine: get a vaccine out as quick as possible thats cheap to produce and can be used for mass vaccination in a pandemic. I have had both AZ shots and it does make you feel unwell after the first shot (also lots of people I know experienced this); wife has had the first Pfzier shot and she had no side effects and science shows the mrna vaccines are much better than the traditional vaccines.

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Infectious Disease Association of Thailand (IDAT) is calling on the Thai government to procure mRNA COVID-19 vaccines, instead of China’s Sinovac,

As AZ isn't an mRNA vaccine either, doesn't that mean also shifting away from it and to Moderna/Pfizer? But I bet there is a problem with doing that, isn't there?

7 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Just imagine. Had Thailand made an initial investment in bringing Moderna and Pfizer into the country, instead of the other vaccines, Thailand would now be a Southeast Asian showcase of advanced medicine and patient care. Combine the mRNA vaccines with the initial Covid lockdown success and Thailand would have received the sort of good publicity that no amount of money could buy.

Not exactly the virus is mutating and many are still getting Covid.  I would not be so optimistic or cofident.

Sinovac has the lowest efficacy rating and is the most controversial ! Stands to reason, to go with the best (M or P vacc)while I hide out in my Shangri-La moo barn up here in Sakon Nakhon ,waiting for it to arrive! 

Edited by riclag

Just now, tlandtday said:

Not exactly the virus is mutating and many are still getting Covid.  I would not be so optimistic or cofident.

The danger area in which Covid is mutating, it seems to me, is in one locale. India. Delta and Delta Plus do not refer to skymiles. Whatever people want to say about the Chinese (and it was their initial lax response and coverup which went a long ways in making this a worldwide pandemic), their subsequent actions have worked. They may be draconian, but their lockdowns and lockouts seem to be successful. Contrast that with India. That country seems to be turning into a petri dish for Covid. The world should have locked out India, but it's too late now.