Experts call for Thai government to procure mRNA vaccines instead of Sinovac

snoop1130

4 minutes ago, John Drake said:

The danger area in which Covid is mutating, it seems to me, is in one locale. India. Delta and Delta Plus do not refer to skymiles. Whatever people want to say about the Chinese (and it was their initial lax response and coverup which went a long ways in making this a worldwide pandemic), their subsequent actions have worked. They may be draconian, but their lockdowns and lockouts seem to be successful. Contrast that with India. That country seems to be turning into a petri dish for Covid. The world should have locked out India, but it's too late now.

China may also have reached herd immunity.  

21 hours ago, smedly said:

the message in the OP is pretty clear and someting many on here have been saying for several weeks - the Chinese vaccines are useless against these new and possibly furure variants - medical experts are telling you this - why are you ignoring them Prayut

One word 

Megalomaniac

5 hours ago, Litlos said:

Country #1 Israel (don't choke on your weeties) initiated a coordinated and well planned vaccination rollout using Pfizer. Now virtually back to normal ie low daily cases.

Cases in Israel are rising rapidly at the moment, mainly due to the delta variant. See report below from Haaretz.

Israel reported its highest daily COVID infection rate in three months on Wednesday, as the delta variant's spread persists.

As COVID Numbers Climb Again, Israel Eyes Reinstating Some Restrictions

On 6/30/2021 at 11:50 AM, bipper said:

Comes from the approach adopted. Either they weren't advised properly or they didn't heed informed facts that virus mutation is unpredictable.

Partly true.

Virus mutation is entirely predictable. How it mutates and it's effects on the body and the effectiveness of a vaccine are as you say unpredictable.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MaiChai said:

I suspect the rich and powerful running the government don't care about the average Thai. mrna is the way to go, although you can understanding the thinking behind the AZ vaccine: get a vaccine out as quick as possible thats cheap to produce and can be used for mass vaccination in a pandemic. I have had both AZ shots and it does make you feel unwell after the first shot (also lots of people I know experienced this); wife has had the first Pfzier shot and she had no side effects and science shows the mrna vaccines are much better than the traditional vaccines.

Not saying you are wrong but I got my AZ jab on Tuesday and had absolutely no side effects and felt as normal as my previous day. I was doing my regular exercise on the next day. Yes slight soreness around the jab area but really has no other issues. 

• Like 1

I wonder if and when the numbers get to 20,000 plus a day and Moderna arrives for the private hospitals, will we see the government take those and distribute them out, not to the ones that paid of course ?

On 7/1/2021 at 2:37 PM, Litlos said:

Personally I will bide my time and get a western vaccine thank you very much.

Yep, I had an appointment to get AZ on Monday June 7, I know that because the hospital called the wife to confirm our appointment, i.e. they rang on Friday evening, so we kindly said change mind thanks, no pompen was the reply.

From what I was reading on the clotting and new strains and mutations at the time, I did some further research and it's either of the mRNA's so booked and paid for the Moderna for me and the wife, October can't come soon enough.

7 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Not saying you are wrong but I got my AZ jab on Tuesday and had absolutely no side effects and felt as normal as my previous day. I was doing my regular exercise on the next day. Yes slight soreness around the jab area but really has no other issues. 

I've had both AZ jabs as well and no side effects on the first one other than very minor soreness. I didn't even notice it until I started thinking about it. The day after the second I did have some aching down my left arm which is where I had the injection but I had and am still having problems on that side anyway. However most of the other people I know have had AZ other than my mother who is in her 90s and had Pfizer with no problems and some of those had problems just for a day.

On 7/1/2021 at 8:57 PM, kimamey said:

Partly true.

Virus mutation is entirely predictable. How it mutates and it's effects on the body and the effectiveness of a vaccine are as you say.

Nice play on words ????.

OK mutation. How's that!

Badly informed and exactly what has Thailand in the $%€£ on Delta. 

It really is time Thai medical luminaries stood up to these idiots. 

There comes a time when the pecking order and playing nice needs to be set aside.

The generals bluster, but when the real heat is on. they back down. They understand the stick.

They could not even stop their own population riding in the back of trucks a few Songkrans ago. Some ultimate authority!

If only the Thais knew what a bunch of gutless bottomfeeders they are underneath the wings for jumping off towers, and medals for commanding a calculator in between fearlessly charging the front door of Thong Lo Nightclubs