Marriage Extension Seasoning Mistake - how to solve/options

Well, coming around for the yearly "O" extension based on marriage..

Stupidly, I deposited my 400k on the 24th May and the Extension runs out 24th July.

24th July is a Saturday. Immigration are closed on Monday 28th for a Bank Holiday.

Options - go early and see if they accept it?

Is there any "temporary" stamp they will give me to cover me for the couple of days?

Go on Tuesday, get overstay stamp, no fine (as they were not open) and submit application?

Any other ideas?

RAZZ

Since immigration will be closed on the day your extension is due you will not be fined for a overstay or get a stamp for it if you do it on the 27th.

You could try on the 23rd to see what they will do.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Since immigration will be closed on the day your extension is due you will not be fined for a overstay or get a stamp for it if you do it on the 27th.

You could try on the 23rd to see what they will do.

You don't get a stamp? Someone told me you get an overstay stamp but a scribbled note saying in Thai something along the lines of "office closed - fine waived"?

I think we are going to go on Wednesday 21st July and see what they say.

RAZZ

15 minutes ago, RAZZELL said:

You don't get a stamp? Someone told me you get an overstay stamp but a scribbled note saying in Thai something along the lines of "office closed - fine waived"?

I have never heard of anybody getting a overstay stamp when they went on the first day immigration was open after a weekend or holiday.

• Like 2

I would also say check with the IO, but I think any leeway on seasoning time would be hard to get. Hopefully 1 day after would be OK. If nothing else a visiting wife 60 day should be available.

2 hours ago, RAZZELL said:

I think we are going to go on Wednesday 21st July and see what they say.

To early.

Absolutely agree with UJ.

You are not penalised if on the date your extension expires the Immigration office is closed due to it being a weekend or national holiday and you cannot apply until the day it reopens.

No problem going on Tuesday 27th.

The only stamp you'll get is the 30 day under consideration one.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 2

The only information I could find says that, "The due date for the renewal of the marriage visa is on the date which you have been stamped for as its expiration date or a week before that.".

I suspect that ubonjoe is correct that if your due date is on a day that immigration is closed you can renew on the following work day.

In your case you may have a problem renewing earlier than July 23 since your 400K Bt deposit won't have seasoned for the full 90 days* until that date. 

*IF they count the day the money was deposited then 90 days would be July 22.

1 hour ago, HarrySeaman said:

In your case you may have a problem renewing earlier than July 23 since your 400K Bt deposit won't have seasoned for the full 90 days* until that date. 

For extension based upon marriage it only has to be in the bank for 2 months.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, DjSilver said:

you can make your extension up to 45 days in advance at some places and 30 daya in advance at all immigration offices. I thought everyone knew this since it is publicly known information.

Did you read the OP? ????????

Money has not been "seasoned" for the required length of time.

RAZZ

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Just do as UbonJoe suggests for pete's sake - you're making a mountain out of a molehill, mate. 

Thanks for the great advice - most helpful. 

RAZZ

• 1 month later...