Hua Hin: Stinking trash building up on the streets - crisis could threaten tourism reopening in October

webfact

On 7/3/2021 at 12:44 AM, Thomas J said:

How is it that Singapore is so strict about littering that you can literally eat off the streets.  There is not so much as a gum wrapper or cigarette butt.  But in other regions of the world Thailand included the disposal of trash everywhere is just accepted as normal.   The government here is pushing the use of electric vehicles to be environmentally conscious.  How about passing and enforcing tough laws against the throwing of trash everywhere. 

On all my trips in Thailand I routinely watch Thais and foreigners just toss things down the sewer grates.  Totally disgusts me.  I grew up a boy scout and remember in the 60s the commercials about littering and trash and the American Indian seen weeping at the sites. 

As for Hua Hin, well, with so few businesses open, and so little money coming in, who is paying taxes, who is funding trash collection?  Infrastructure is taking a hit and is going to continue to take a hit as the Thailand economy is losing so much tourist money.