How Do I Say

I am looking for a few examples of how to ask the following.

1. Do you have a menu?

note: I mean the type of menus that are paper, usually a tri-fold, aka brochure type, the kind that is free to take. Not the laminated menus they give you at the table.

2. May I take this?

note: I want to ask this so they understand I am taking the menu, so I don't end up taking a menu that is not meant to be taken.

3. Is this free?

Okay, the 3 sample sentences I am looking for, I would like them to be in thai script. Example: ขอดูเมนู khaaw duu maeh nuu

As JD said, "wang" means available, not free as in "free of charge"

To ask is something is free you can just use the word "free". Most Thais understand this.

Edited by ashacat

If "รายการอาหาร raay gaan aa haan" equals "food menu" in thai language, can I say "รายการอาหารออกไบ raay gaan aa haan aawk bpai to mean "take-out food menu"?

I am trying to find the correct dialogue to indicate I want a take-out menu. When I ask for a menu, sometimes they bring me a laminated menu (one meant to stay in the restaurant). I am trying to find the correct dialogue to indicate I want one of the free paper menus that are meant to be taken away.

Standard restaurants don't often have take-out menus even if they offer take away food. Try asking if you can have a menu to take home ... instead of asking about a takeaway food menu :o

khaw meenuu ja aow glub baan dai mai khrap ?

Could I please have a menu to take home?

They will tell you if this is possible or not. As JD says, lots of restaurants do not have free menus for distribution, especially not regular dtaam sang restaurants with plastic chairs.

But you can always ask of course.

Actually the first sentence is a bit too long.

khaw thod khrap. mii meenuu (jaek frii) pheua aow glub baan mai khrap ?

Wait for answer. If yes:

khaw an neung dai mai khrap?

jaek free = distribute free (for free distribution)

I don't have Thai script installed on this computer so if somebody else has the time to render it in Thai script...

Standard restaurants don't often have take-out menus even if they offer take away food. Try asking if you can have a menu to take home ... instead of asking about a takeaway food menu :o

ขอบคุณครับjdinasia

Can you give me your suggested thai sentence to use to ask for a menu to take home?

Edited by thailanguagestudent

I am looking for a few examples of how to ask the following.

1. Do you have a menu?

note: I mean the type of menus that are paper, usually a tri-fold, aka brochure type, the kind that is free to take. Not the laminated menus they give you at the table.

2. May I take this?

note: I want to ask this so they understand I am taking the menu, so I don't end up taking a menu that is not meant to be taken.

3. Is this free?

Okay, the 3 sample sentences I am looking for, I would like them to be in thai script. Example: ขอดูเมนู khaaw duu maeh nuu

Here's my attempt at it.

1) Do you have a menu (that I can take home)? มีรายการอาหารที่(ผม/ฉัน)เอากลับบ้านได้ไหม - mee raai gaan aa-hăan têe ( pŏm / chăn ) ao gràp bâan dâai măi

Or

รายการอาหารที่ผมเอากลับบ้านไปด้วยได้ มีไหม - raai gaan aa-hăan têe pŏm ao glàp bâan bpai dûay dâai mee măi

2) May I take this(with me home)? ขอเอาอันนี้ไปกลับบ้านด้วยได้ไหม - kŏr ao an née bpai glàp bâan dûay dâai măi

3) อันนี้ฟรีไหม - an née free măi

I have the phone numbers for a few places around me ... and know what they sell. I call up and ask for something and tell them when I will be there to get it ... none of them do any real Biz with takeaway and none offer delivery so none have take-away menus ...

Even the 'canteen' in my condo building in BKK doesn't have a printed menu for distribution

Strange, lots of the small restaurants near me have take away menus. I'm not saying my way is the best but in the past I think I've said

มีเมนูบริการส่งถึงบ้านไหมครับ

The second question in my experience is unlikely to be needed as if a small restaurant has a take away service then the menu is of course available to take away and likely to have been printed at home anyway.

The third one I'd probably just say ให้ฟรีไหม or อันนี้ให้ฟรีไหม