Reductions in SSO contributions

Morning. The government made reductions to the SSO contributions that employees and maybe employers needed to make. Assuming they are part of the system.

These reductions seemed to start in October going down from 750b a month to 300. And some months as low as 75b. Presently it seems we are at 500b a month.

Are the same reductions also applied to the employer?

Is there anything in the Royal Gazette or other publication that details what reductions have been applied and when and for how much longer this will continue?

I am asking as an employee.

T think you may have got that wrong.

Contributions are based on salary, 750 Bht is the max 

The lower the salary the lower the contribution.

Yes, the employer matches your contribution. If employer is a bit dodgy, check every 3 months  they are actually paying in both contributions.

Scream if they haven't

• Like 1

Yes that was correct until Covid came along and the government reduced the amount workers and I think employers pay.

As you say it used to be employee pays 750. Employer pays 750

Sometime last year the rate was reduced. I want to know what month it was reduced and how much it was reduced by or ideally if there is an official document somewhere - I get different dates and amounts on a google search.

Some employers have not passed these reductions onto their employees and still charge them 750baht SSO when some months it should have been 75baht.

1 hour ago, natway09 said:

T think you may have got that wrong.

Contributions are based on salary, 750 Bht is the max 

The lower the salary the lower the contribution.

Yes, the employer matches your contribution. If employer is a bit dodgy, check every 3 months  they are actually paying in both contributions.

Scream if they haven't

Contributions have been reduced due to Covid, to help people.

Normally the rate is 10 percent of the salary, min. 500 baht, maximum 1.500 baht per month, with half paid by the employer and the other half paid the the employee.

14 minutes ago, Stese said:

Sometime last year the rate was reduced. I want to know what month it was reduced and how much it was reduced by or ideally if there is an official document somewhere - I get different dates and amounts on a google search.

As member of SS you should be able to have online access to your account and see what fees have been plaid by your employer. And yes, the fees were reduced last year. The SS web-site is HERE

The fees are also to be reduced from August 64 (2021) to January 65 (2022), see HERE.

News : Royal Decree Announcement to reduce the contribution to the insured under Section 40 to 60 percent for a period of 6 months, starting from Aug. 64 - Jan. 65

• Like 1